ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

Well having 4 different centers has caused so issues.
We lost another kid friday
That is hard to deal with for small 1A traditional schools. We lost another starting lineman Friday and a second Rb. We have Freshman getting playing time in more than one position

BC he want be able to say it this year! Go Rams!
Deez Nuts GIF

Think BYE knocks off Tarboro…💪
I don't know, the byes aren't what they used to be.....in a related story though, I could be wrong but speaking of Tarboro, or just up the road and the 1st Round, I think the only time in football that a 1 seed lost in the 1st Rd (back when only 32 teams were in playoff bracket instead of 64) was in 1998 when a 3-loss, 16 seed North Edgecombe team went to #1 (10-1 with non-conf. season-opening loss to Williamston, reporting 10-0) Camden and got the win; I believe the final was 8-6....that NE program was no joke in the 90s....state champions in 94, runner up in 96 (lost to Murphy), won it all in 97, and after that first round upset in 98 made it back to the state finals and lost to Starmount....I grew up in Gates County, and we had the pleasure of being the 16 seed they beat in the 1st round in 96, you talk about a Thunder & Lightning backfield; I remember Tremayne Pittman was the lightning to the outside and Thurmond Knight was thunder up the middle....guess that game in 96 was payback for 91 when the Barons beat the Warriors 8-0 in the 3rd round and kept NE RB Milton Shaw from setting what have then been a new state record for career rushing yards (he's currently 27th on the list with 6168 but was 2nd behind Mike Atkinson from Princeton's 6221 when he finished high school)....much respect to all three programs in Edgecombe Co., I saw Tarboro shutout the Barons in a conference game this year, knew SWE was for real this year when they kept it close with Tarboro for a half

You would lost to N SURRY , EAST SURRY, ASHE, and STARMOUNT would beat yall bad! Going to tell it how I see it Thomasville is an average team with descent D but no offense! MA would beat the breaks off yall!
Randleman, NR and Salisbury would beat the brakes off all those teams. As would the Bulldogs. ES is traditionally a good team but those other two are not. SM beat 9 teams with bad records and got hammered by the only team with a winning record (overrated) until they prove they can win a few playoff games again. 36-64 overall records of the SM opponents with 10 of those 36 being MA. So basically, they beat teams that had won 26 games. I think the Braves take this one Friday. Tville lost to 3 good teams by a combined 17 points not 40+ in one game.

Also want to mention that I left ER out of a discussion earlier as the teams to beat. I think they could give Salisbury and obviously Randleman all they want and more.

Randleman, NR and Salisbury would beat the brakes off all those teams. As would the Bulldogs. ES is traditionally a good team but those other two are not. SM beat 9 teams with bad records and got hammered by the only team with a winning record (overrated) until they prove they can win a few playoff games again. 36-64 overall records of the SM opponents with 10 of those 36 being MA. So basically, they beat teams that had won 26 games. I think the Braves take this one Friday. Tville lost to 3 good teams by a combined 17 points not 40+ in one game.

Also want to mention that I left ER out of a discussion earlier as the teams to beat. I think they could give Salisbury and obviously Randleman all they want and more.
Couldn’t have said it any better spot on.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85

I would have loved to see how ER matches up with Salisbury.

But you did respond with a teenage girl response. You know the cute little will smith thing. Keep on hanging out

Thomasville lost to 3 good teams! The 7 games Thomasville won were to schools with a combined record of 26-44 with only ore of those teams having a winning record. Bulldogs are not a contender! You beat a 5-5 Lexington team by 9 points.

Sorry to interrupt this fine discourse but I want to express my utmost pleasure and gratitude towards the Hayesville posters for being out and about in force this year. I know y'all have been around for a while but it's nice to see y'all more regularly than in years past. Preps is a much better place when y'all show up, same as it is for the SMC as a whole.

Sorry to interrupt this fine discourse but I want to express my utmost pleasure and gratitude towards the Hayesville posters for being out and about in force this year. I know y'all have been around for a while but it's nice to see y'all more regularly than in years past. Preps is a much better place when y'all show up, same as it is for the SMC as a whole.
Thank you. I have been here a long time. I too am glad to see the return of other Hayesville guys. I like our SMC family. We fight and claw with each other, but let anyone else attack and they face us all .

Serious question, according to opponents records, who out of the west had one of the weakest schedules this year? I'm an eastern NC guy, so I don't know but so much about the western part of the state.

Out of the top ten MA has the weakest.
Actually just went and added that up because I was curious. Their overall opp. record was 48-52. That is not impressive at all. However, Starmounts opp. record this year is 36-64 with only 2 opponents finishing over .500 on the year. I watched the Starmount vs Mt Airy game and they gave Mt Airy a fit in the first half, they couldn't dominate like they're used to but ended up running away with it in the 2nd half. Starmount has potential to make a good run.

Actually just went and added that up because I was curious. Their overall opp. record was 48-52. That is not impressive at all. However, Starmounts opp. record this year is 36-64 with only 2 opponents finishing over .500 on the year. I watched the Starmount vs Mt Airy game and they gave Mt Airy a fit in the first half, they couldn't dominate like they're used to but ended up running away with it in the 2nd half. Starmount has potential to make a good run.
Gave mount airy a fit….interesting to say the least. Starmount has a good of guys and the coach is having them play with heart but they never threatened the bears at all in the first half. No we didn’t have running clock on them by halftime and that was one of the few we didn’t but I don’t understand what you watched. I hope starmount makes a big run this year

MaxPreps
3 weakest in top 10
Starmount -24.4
MA -20.3
Tarboro -15.6
Yeah we might have one of the weakest schedules but funny how no one wants to play us or tarboro. BK loves sitting up there being able to post this kind of stuff lmao

Gave mount airy a fit….interesting to say the least. Starmount has a good of guys and the coach is having them play with heart but they never threatened the bears at all in the first half. No we didn’t have running clock on them by halftime and that was one of the few we didn’t but I don’t understand what you watched. I hope starmount makes a big run this year
It was 19-7 at halftime, that is still a decent football game. I said they did not dominate them in the first half like they were used to doing to other teams. I know what game I watched and if you know football, you'll know that someone holding that Mt Airy team to 19 points in the first half THIS YEAR is giving them a fit.

Yeah we might have one of the weakest schedules but funny how no one wants to play us or tarboro. BK loves sitting up there being able to post this kind of stuff lmao
How many 2A-3A teams does Mt Airy play a year, and what are their records?

There is an argument to be made that having a stronger schedule doesn't always help teams get the farthest in the playoffs I mean look at how much the smc beats the heck out of each other each year they always have injuries leading up to or entering the playoffs while you look at the weakest schedule strength and 2 of the three are favorites to meet in the final I would argue somewhere in between would be ideal so your team is battle tested but not beat up before the dance when there was big and small 1a then it didn't hurt as much because the smc teams where general just better than other teams in small 1a but getting beat up entering the playoffs with these bigger schools it's hard for smaller schools to have the depth that someone like Mt. Airy would have compared to say andrews or Hayesville injuries are always a part of the game but it seems to me every year someone in smc is beat up entering the dance that confrence beats up on each other and now without the big and little subdivisions it hurts how far the group as a whole make it in the playoffs yes they usually still have one or 2 teams make it deep but before you could almost guarantee the majority of the smc made it multiple rounds year in and year out it's not guaranteed now but I see the point of having a good battle tested team too just gotta find the right kind of balance

How many 2A-3A teams does Mt Airy play a year, and what are their records?
That's something that they haven't even considered with the rpi it doesn't matter if the team is 1a or 4a record and numbers are all that matter u can't judge a team like that anyways polk never played a single 1a school all year does that mean they are better than other teams that did no not hardly you have what you have it all works it's way out in the playoffs anyways

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT