ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

I doubt it but okay
Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You haven't played anyone that's what I'm saying. I think MA Is good just not as good as Sailsbury. Don't get so butt hurt when someone disagrees with you. Please tell what team they have played that had the size speed and athletes that Sailsbury has???
Starmount East Surry and Starmount pretty good! Starmount is dang good and look at the MA score!

How come these MA folks refer to highschoolot
Rankings but not the three major ranking systems that all have MA around 40th?
They did a 7a projection and used the wrong enrollment numbers. 😂
Highschoolot doesn't even have Rabun ranked.
What a joke of a site

You would lost to N SURRY , EAST SURRY, ASHE, and STARMOUNT would beat yall bad! Going to tell it how I see it Thomasville is an average team with descent D but no offense! MA would beat the breaks off yall!
I'd have to disagree with you on that one.

MA is not twice as good or fast as last year. Better than last year (a championship team), yes, but that's just hyperbole. Mason isn't running a 2.25 second 40. I do think they would be contenders to win 2A if they were to play up, but wouldn't mean they would win it. Definitely a contender though. I would even venture to say they might even compete as an underdog in 3A this year. It's a complete team I haven't seen matched at 1A. But, any team can lose on a given night though. I wouldn't even say Mount Airy is guaranteed to win 1A this year. Stuff happens. I would say they are the favorites, and if some would quit taking so much offense that other fanbases aren't just laying down and saying their team has no chance, you would probably see they have admitted several time throughout the season they see Mount Airy as the favorites. They do think their teams can compete and have a chance to win too. That's not an insult or diss. It should be expected and I enjoy watching them try to do so. That's the fun part.

Only first round potential upset games I see in the west are,

South Davidson - Albemarle
East Wilkes -Mitchell

I think something would have to go wrong for Murphy or Thomasville to lose their 1st round games.

I’ve seen years where Robbinsville had teams that could pull it off. They are the only 1A team under 400 that could do it on certain years. I don’t think this is the year. I talked to a former coach earlier in the year and he and a few other Black Knights fans were sharing their concerns about the line. I thought they were sandbagging but they weren’t. Throw in some injuries and it just doesn’t seem possible to pull off the big win this year even though they have a great backfield. If this was a subdivision year Robbinsville would take the Championship for sure just like Andrews would have last year. Hoping for the best for Robbinsville and hoping the home field advantage proves me wrong. Good luck to the SMC

Gasoline. Lights the match.

Wait, so subdivision titles were/are only won because they are an easier route? We've been assured that's not the case and they should hold equal weight in exclamations of success.

And go!😁

How come these MA folks refer to highschoolot
Rankings but not the three major ranking systems that all have MA around 40th?
They did a 7a projection and used the wrong enrollment numbers. 😂
Highschoolot doesn't even have Rabun ranked.
What a joke of a site
Oh everybody stand corrected the old wise one has spoken. I know we will be mighty underdogs the the great robbinsville and we will have that hard road to “The Big Oaks” if we get lucky to make that far. Hope you all make it past swain and heritage , word of advice better find some offense. We just gonna try to take care of our business first be hard with what we have ahead of us and all our injuries…..

Don't know about HSOT but Simmons has MA 38 Salisbury 64. Now let's get back to the thread and talk about first round upsets. It was going good there for a little while.

MA is not twice as good or fast as last year. Better than last year (a championship team), yes, but that's just hyperbole. Mason isn't running a 2.25 second 40. I do think they would be contenders to win 2A if they were to play up, but wouldn't mean they would win it. Definitely a contender though. I would even venture to say they might even compete as an underdog in 3A this year. It's a complete team I haven't seen matched at 1A. But, any team can lose on a given night though. I wouldn't even say Mount Airy is guaranteed to win 1A this year. Stuff happens. I would say they are the favorites, and if some would quit taking so much offense that other fanbases aren't just laying down and saying their team has no chance, you would probably see they have admitted several time throughout the season they see Mount Airy as the favorites. They do think their teams can compete and have a chance to win too. That's not an insult or diss. It should be expected and I enjoy watching them try to do so. That's the fun part.

Only first round potential upset games I see in the west are,

South Davidson - Albemarle
East Wilkes -Mitchell

I think something would have to go wrong for Murphy or Thomasville to lose their 1st round games.

Gasoline. Lights the match.

Wait, so subdivision titles were/are only won because they are an easier route? We've been assured that's not the case and they should hold equal weight in exclamations of success.

And go!😁
Wow obviously you haven’t seen mount airy this year. Mason is third fastest on team and the freshman that filled in for 32 last year plays opposite now. 71 is a year older and stronger.

• Wow
Reactions: T-ville Bulldawgs07
I’ve seen years where Robbinsville had teams that could pull it off. They are the only 1A team under 400 that could do it on certain years. I don’t think this is the year. I talked to a former coach earlier in the year and he and a few other Black Knights fans were sharing their concerns about the line. I thought they were sandbagging but they weren’t. Throw in some injuries and it just doesn’t seem possible to pull off the big win this year even though they have a great backfield. If this was a subdivision year Robbinsville would take the Championship for sure just like Andrews would have last year. Hoping for the best for Robbinsville and hoping the home field advantage proves me wrong. Good luck to the SMC
I think Robbinsville proved to do well against both Rabun Gap and Swain who had very talented lines. I know yardage wise, we didn’t do great against RG but we won’t face a line again like that all year. I think the line is a concern but I think it’s more of which line comes to play. If it’s the line of RG or Swain, it’s a possibility. If it’s the line against Hayesville, no chance.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Well having 4 different centers has caused so issues.
We lost another kid friday

Starmount East Surry and Starmount pretty good! Starmount is dang good and look at the MA score!
East is not very good at all. You even saying that makes you look foolish! No offense to East fans intended. Buzz is a tool!

I find it interesting that Mt Airy fans want to use the rankings as a know all, tell all Strange the RPI is a ranking system, are they saying that since the RPI has Robbinsville #1 in the West Mt Airy should just forfeit?

East is not very good at all. You even saying that makes you look foolish! No offense to East fans intended. Buzz is a tool!
Es was 7-3/ 5-1 in conference with two of those losses coming to Robbinsville on the road an MA at Home! They are down from what they usually are but still a good team and would beat Thomasville. But hell i'm a tool what do I know!

If we played all those teams MA played, we would be 10-0 as well.
I don't think so. I think Starmount beat your ass. Especially as one dimensional as you are. And you're not as talented from what I've seen to be that one dimensional against good teams. I'm also not so sure that North and East wouldn't beat you. So anyway I think your biggest problem is your undisciplined. Which is obvious from a stupid ass statement that you just made about being 10 and 0. You must not have played for AB

From the games I've watch this year and last MA looked better last year.
I think they are just as good! I'm not sure about twice as good. Last year was just different they were on a mission with something to prove. This year they are the favored and hunted. They did get stronger in weight room with some breaking school records and I do believe they have a little more depth!

I don't think so. I think Starmount beat your ass. Especially as one dimensional as you are. And you're not as talented from what I've seen to be that one dimensional against good teams. I'm also not so sure that North and East wouldn't beat you. So anyway I think your biggest problem is your undisciplined. Which is obvious from a stupid ass statement that you just made about being 10 and 0. You must not have played for AB
Last time we play Starmount we beat the breaks off of them. CLOWN

Where did I use rankings in my post?
In all honesty you talk in so many circles (and I care so little). I really don't pay much attention to your posts. On a side note you need to change your screen name(again). You do buzz a lot, but you are like a gnat- just an irritating little gnat. Your new name should be of course- Gnat.

• Haha
In all honesty you talk in so many circles (and I care so little). I really don't pay much attention to your posts. On a side note you need to change your screen name(again). You do buzz a lot, but you are like a gnat- just an irritating little gnat. Your new name should be of course- Gnat.
Will Smith Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

You haven't played anyone that's what I'm saying. I think MA Is good just not as good as Sailsbury. Don't get so butt hurt when someone disagrees with you. Please tell what team they have played that had the size speed and athletes that Sailsbury has???
Mount Airy was said not to have played anyone last year and those no ones they played helped them win the State Championship last year. I hear that crap every year and Mount Airy seems to do good in the playoffs almost every year. They beat Thomasville the last few years they were on Mount Airy's schedule.

• Haha
Which teams in the 1A East and the 1A West have the best chance to knock off the obvious top two favorites to compete for the state championship this year, Tarboro and Mt Airy?
Out of the east, I'm going to have to go with West Columbus, what they have done this year is pretty impressive, especially knocking off a good 2A Whiteville Football team. Out of the west, I'm going to have to go with Eastern Randolph, or Robbinsville, even though Mt Airy is not the #1 seed, they're still the favorite.

East= Tarboro beat themselves is only way.
In West= ERandolph only, nobody else has the studs to do it!
Do you think ER has what it takes to knock off Mt Airy, or is that just a closer game than the rest?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT