ADVERTISEMENT

All state football picks

maddox#1

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
Am I understanding it correctly that the all state football team will have only one classification this year and they will no longer be a 1A 2A 3A 4A team? Who in the world came up with that jewel of an idea. Come on now , the 1a AND 2a GUYS DON'T HAVE A CHANCE EVEN IF THEY ARE REALLY REALLY GOOD. Those that pick look at 3 and 4 A guys and that's about it......One of the best tackles in North Carolina plays at Lexington High and should certainly get a lot of looks.......He is a senior this year and has interest from App. State , Elon and most all small schools . Harvard from the Ivy league as well as Cornell have called , so we know he is a smart kid....6 Ft 4in , 295 lbs. all conference and all county as a Jr. , led the county in Pancake blocks , loves to pull , great pass Blocker......All I'm saying is these kid deserve a look........as I am sure a lot of smaller schools have players that could be considered.......

The 2015 AP All State Team had 6 players from the 2A schools, 2014 had 4, 2013 with 3. Didn't see a single 1A player.

NCPreps being a Rivals site has to feature players ranked in the Rivals rankings, for the most part. Even with this restriction, Ive always felt the NCpreps All State had a better representation when it comes to all four classes.

If a 1A player is good they are considered just like a 4A player. Johnny Glaspie made the team as a KR a few years ago from 1A Wallace Rose Hill

I have been a loyal NC Preps follower since day one and I can just about guess why this is being done: the simple fact is you can't please everyone no matter how many teams there is.....it is truly sad that it has come to this but no one needs the heat that the admins take over this player or that player making/not making the individual teams....hopefully one day we can renew the 1A-4A teams but some have got to grow up

Got to agree with you on that one. This "everybody gets a trophy" culture is ridiculous. Make it selective and a true honor and it should motivate everyone that much more.

Raheem Skinner will most likely break Clinton's all-time rushing record.Considering Clinton's history of productive running backs -3 NFL starting rb's) that's s significant threshold to break. The number to watch for him though is yards per carry. He might get the number of yards the leader gets but his carries will be significantly lower because everyone is talented in the DarkHorse backfield.

Reactions: Hoarses1
Yea Ryheem still rushed over 2k yards last year having sat out most 2nd halfs. He sat out whole 2nd half vs SWO.

Reactions: Hoarses1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT