ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NC Coaches Association Baseball Rule Change

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
NDIANAPOLIS, IN (July 6, 2023) – The use of a one-way communication device between a coach in the dugout and a team’s catcher for the purposes of calling pitches will be permitted in high school baseball beginning in 2024.

Reactions: Lincolnton
NFHS baseball: Edit to Rule 10-2-3h removes spectators’ behavior from the umpire-in-chief’s jurisdiction when deciding to forfeit a contest. Only infractions by players, coaches or team/bench personnel are under the umpire’s jurisdiction.

NFHS baseball: Edit to Rule 10-2-3h removes spectators’ behavior from the umpire-in-chief’s jurisdiction when deciding to forfeit a contest. Only infractions by players, coaches or team/bench personnel are under the umpire’s jurisdiction.
Officials should not be removing fans anyway. Only administrators.

The rule about tossing spectators must not have been strictly enforced or Cherryville wouldn’t have had any fans left, and yes, some of them are from Lincoln County. Not you Linkman..
I did hear this week that the last regular season legion game at Cherryville with Caldwell County was stopped early because of uh all the love these two share with each other.
Also heard they were warned about acting up before this elimination series began. Saw two of the games and both sides did well, fans and players. Especially the players.

The rule about tossing spectators must not have been strictly enforced or Cherryville wouldn’t have had any fans left, and yes, some of them are from Lincoln County. Not you Linkman..
I did hear this week that the last regular season legion game at Cherryville with Caldwell County was stopped early because of uh all the love these two share with each other.
Also heard they were warned about acting up before this elimination series began. Saw two of the games and both sides did well, fans and players. Especially the players.
As you know there is no love lost between Cherryville and Caldwell County fans. The regular season legion game at Cherryville vs Caldwell was actually stopped due to Caldwell County's coaches and and players behavior directed toward the umpires. The umpires ejected 3 Caldwell coaches and a Caldwell player prior to stopping the game. Each of the coaches were suspended one game and the player was suspended 3 games. Then, as you mentioned there were written warnings sent prior to the start of the Caldwell/Cherryville series.

I do think those warnings made a difference in seeing a more civil behavior from players and fans during the series. It was a very competitive series with the first two games coming down to the last batter, last pitch. In the 3rd game Caldwell ran short on pitching. But I was impressed by Caldwell. They were a much better team than their record indicated.

Thanks Linkman, was hoping you were there to find out what actually happened.
Talked with a Caldwell fan who said something about it but didn’t go into detail.

Got to admit though, I’ve always enjoyed the Cherryville-Caldwell series. Most people assume it’s an exaggeration when I tell them this but I saw a Caldwell at Cherryville game, May have been in 1999 or 2003 in which there was no standing room, let alone a place to sit.
The Cherryville police, the Gaston County police and the highway patrol were there.
I think everybody was mumbling. Sounded like a bunch of bees.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT