ADVERTISEMENT

2022 4A Boys Basketball Thread

Southeast Guilford is off to a very good start. Caught me by surprise. What also caught me off-guard is that Trace Moffitt, who was at Trinity last year, is now playing for them. Moffitt was one of the best players in Randolph County last year. Might be an interesting year over there in Forest Oaks.

They have 6-7 kids that transferred in. One kid Kenny Miller came from southwest. He was southwests starting PG.

• Wow
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
SE Guilford is now 7-0. They beat both Eastern Guilford and Page this past week. Talk about a "reversal of fortune".

Helps when you get 6 transfers. They haven’t been good for a while and now they’re making a mends per se.

Btw EG is not good at all
Dang, you're right. 0-7. What in the world is going on over there? Wasn't too long ago they were one of the top programs in Guilford County.

The SE situation is so funny to me. For the last four/five years it seems, some SE parents/fans have completely crapped all over the coaching staff. And now this......

So, what's changed? Why is Southeast suddenly an attractive program?

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I seen the Mooresville boys and girls varsity game against Harding last night. Both games was a running clock for Mooresville. Boys won 74-36 and will go 6-3. Next Tuesday 12/20 Mooresville will be at home against Cox Mill. This will be Mooresville 1st conference game of the season. Should be a good one. I post the Mooresville girls game under girls 4A forum.

Last edited:
Dang, you're right. 0-7. What in the world is going on over there? Wasn't too long ago they were one of the top programs in Guilford County.

The SE situation is so funny to me. For the last four/five years it seems, some SE parents/fans have completely crapped all over the coaching staff. And now this......

So, what's changed? Why is Southeast suddenly an attractive program?
Right and no idea what EG is up
To! SE, they’ve got an overseas kid and moffitt from Trinity plus 4 other kids to transfer in. Many of these play for the coaches AAU program.

A very young Page team has been able to string together some nice wins in a row, against HP Wesleyan, gave SW Guilford their first loss, and they are currently up against a 7-1 Ragsdale team 41-21 at halftime. They lost against 7-0 Ben L. Smith by a point in the Big 4 Tip-off, and play them again first round of a Haeco "Little Four" Invitational next week. Seems like the young pups are starting to gel alittle bit and get things going. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and made some kind of a run in the Haeco (not saying they will win it, because its always a tall task with Greensboro Day in there.) But I could see them going 2-1 that weekend.

Edit: (5-3) (#17) Page up 55-33 on (7-1) (#10) Ragsdale, 4th quarter starting soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
A very young Page team has been able to string together some nice wins in a row, against HP Wesleyan, gave SW Guilford their first loss, and they are currently up against a 7-1 Ragsdale team 41-21 at halftime. They lost against 7-0 Ben L. Smith by a point in the Big 4 Tip-off, and play them again first round of a Haeco "Little Four" Invitational next week. Seems like the young pups are starting to gel alittle bit and get things going. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and made some kind of a run in the Haeco (not saying they will win it, because its always a tall task with Greensboro Day in there.) But I could see them going 2-1 that weekend.
The HAECO's going to be real interesting now that Bishop and SE Guilford are in it.

Well Page was up 22 against Ragsdale, and the Ragsdale score reporter on MaxPreps stopped reporting at the end of the 3rd quarter. So I don't know a final score.

Page 68, Ragsdale 50
Final -- Page moves to 6-3, Ragsdale 7-2

Last edited:
Well, the addition of Q and Jackson from Bethany to Page have provided a couple of more scoring options. I think If these guys weren’t there the outcomes may have been different. Q is a scoring guard and Jackson is pretty damn good!

Not saying Q and Jackson scored at will or anything but it opens up the floor more and teams can’t just say stop Jerron, Kid from GDS or Semaj.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Dudley is still in the Haeco. They play SE Tuesday.
They left it for quite a few years, starting in like 2014 til recently. For some reason I didnt see them in the bracket, because I just figured they were still doing their thing elsewhere.

Reactions: cimsies
If I am not mistaken, Lake Norman starts 2 freshman, 2 sophomores and 1 senior. They will not be world beaters this year but watch out the next couple of years. And the jv could easily win most 1A or 2A conferences right now! (IMO).

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
If I am not mistaken, Lake Norman starts 2 freshman, 2 sophomores and 1 senior. They will not be world beaters this year but watch out the next couple of years. And the jv could easily win most 1A or 2A conferences right now! (IMO).
Correct. They also aren’t healthy right now. They are missing a key starter, senior PG Alex Gruber. And they only just got their 6’10 forward back, so he’s still being worked in a bit. I expect LKN to be much better by years end

Looks like we are starting to get our thing rolling now having won 5 straight following a 1-3 start... to be fair we are a combined 4 total points away from being 8-1 right now (two 2 point OT losses). After graduating 8 seniors from a 21 win team… we were going to take a bit to get our groove. I’d argue there is more overall talent on this years team than our 21 win team from a year ago, definitely more size/length/athleticism. We’ve started to get it together, particularly on the defensive side.

Big game at home next Tuesday vs Cox Mill.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT