ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

I mean no disrespect, but what film was everyone watching that thought Mitchells offense was going to have any success on Tarboro?
Absolutely correct. They do well against the mountains teams. Because they run this BS delay quarterback offense. Hell except for a busted coverage and a drive full of penalties they really only move the ball the first series against Mount airy. Mount airy doesn't have the size of tarboro but they probably have a little more size with the kids that have speed. I think it's an overrated team. Although they did beat a good robbinsville team. It's a plotting grinding offense. And usually it works. Not any speed but that quarterback does a good job of picking the hole. Glad to see tarboro beat them. Hopefully other teams can in the future. However they are a good physical football team.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Absolutely correct. They do well against the mountains teams. Because they run this BS delay quarterback offense. Hell except for a busted coverage and a drive full of penalties they really only move the ball the first series against Mount airy. Mount airy doesn't have the size of tarboro but they probably have a little more size with the kids that have speed. I think it's an overrated team. Although they did beat a good robbinsville team. It's a plotting grinding offense. And usually it works. Not any speed but that quarterback does a good job of picking the hole. Glad to see tarboro beat them. Hopefully other teams can in the future. However they are a good physical football team.
We run same offense Murphy runs

And I don’t think the East is as weak as advertised. Tarboro defense makes the teams they play look weak. I think Pender would have been a tough matchup for Mitchell and anyone else in the West.
There wasn't a real good team in the west this season...hence Tarboro wins easily with what some Tarboro people are saying is the weakest team they've had in a few years. Congrats again!!!

Maybe we can table the “east is weak” talk for the year.

The last two weeks against Northampton and Pender at some point in the game i thought Tarboro was in trouble. I never felt that today.

We beat statesville in the spring. Would you say lake Norman has speed? Would you say Watauga has speed? Tarboro whipped us in special teams and controlled the line of scrimmage on defense. That’s why we lost

What about that hitting we’ve never seen before? What is that about not being tough enough? That’s funny isn’t it??
I normally try to be humble after a win but that’s all we’ve heard for the last 4-5 years is that we couldn’t handle those mountain teams. This feels very good.

Would you say Asheville high doesn’t have any speed?
Dude... It's amazing that you say that. My offensive lineman coach is from Ashville...lol... I have love for the west, but when we came together the speed had always been different. Once they saw our backs, it was a wrap! We could walk them down...

Dude... It's amazing that you say that. My offensive lineman coach is from Ashville...lol... I have love for the west, but when we came together the speed had always been different. Once they saw our backs, it was a wrap! We could walk them down...
Dudley beat statesville 20-6. We beat statesville 14-0. Speed is an advantage. Speed didn’t get us beat. Tarboro stopped our run game by meeting us in hole. Asheville has put dudes in nfl like tarboro. Speeds not just a down East thing. Tarboro has a program that’s wins. Winning breeds winning and a culture. Congratulations tarboro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT