ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

I was near the Fox 8 newscaster and spoke with him as he was leaving the field. He said that he had never seen anything like the penalties on MA in a high school game.
Was the Refs out of control and wanting all the attention ? I have never heard as many complaints about Refs as we have had the last few years from almost all conferences in the west. Do we now need more video and playback to control the Refs bad calls? What is the answer for getting better Refs ? Maybe with all the money, the NCHSAA has in reserve, like $42,000 last I heard then pay the Refs more with better training. Seems they are all rookies and don't know what they are calling. Too many people I know well are at the games seeing calls that they say are bad and very bad calls. I have a very good idea why the MA game got out of control and it was not all the coaches doing.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Tarboro Viking winning the State Title. And Congratulations, to Mitchell on a great season. Mitchell only offense player seems to be the QB.
Well I wouldn't say that the RB's have had a good season too it's just that he's had such big numbers. Easy for me to say afterwards but the way they keyed on the QB with the run bliz about every play I believe I'd had use them more and tried the outside more because they were blitzing between the tackles and tried the quick dump to the RB more especially on first down when they connected it worked well.

I just got home and wanted to ask does any Mitchell people know what was wrong with #63 I didn't know he was hurt but noticed that he didn't even dress out. No matter the outcome I hate he missed his last game.

Reactions: Purple1995
As I stated on another post, not an MA fan but Mitchell wasn't close to being the best team in the West. Not many times can you sum up a game by saying that the best team lost. I don't know if I remember the last time that's happened but it's true when it comes to the MA and Mitchell game. I was there and close to the field. I have never seen a team melt down like MA did. Me and another veteran coach figured it up and Mt Airy was easily 3-4 td's better. The size, speed and passing ability should have taken them to the State Championship game and based on what I saw today I believe that they could have beaten Tarboro.
Well practice up and maybe you can be there next year -sorry it didn’t happen for ya

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Well I guess it's about time for me to hibernate until next season Good Lord willing.
To the folks on NCprep I've enjoyed it I hope I've been an addition not a subtraction from the boards and post.
To the Mitchell Mountaineer boys if any of them read this we're all proud of you had great season no matter the outcome today you're still Western Champs only second Mitchell team to do so, you've done yourselves your school and county proud , you played your hearts out and never quit to the last play and to the coaches great job we appreciate all the hard work you do with these young man.

God forbid if Mount Airy ever does win it all because almost all of NCpreps will have a lot of crow to eat 😂😂
You damn ri
Was the Refs out of control and wanting all the attention ? I have never heard as many complaints about Refs as we have had the last few years from almost all conferences in the west. Do we now need more video and playback to control the Refs bad calls? What is the answer for getting better Refs ? Maybe with all the money, the NCHSAA has in reserve, like $42,000 last I heard then pay the Refs more with better training. Seems they are all rookies and don't know what they are calling. Too many people I know well are at the games seeing calls that they say are bad and very bad calls. I have a very good idea why the MA game got out of control and it was not all the coaches doing.
Well I disagree we got beat by a one man team what I saw today was a total joke that's terrible if Mt Airy can't beat that we need help us fans are going to start really applying pressure that qb should have been on his head instead of our players throwing cleats

Honestly have to say worst officiated game I ever saw, but I also have to say poor discipline on MAs part, I felt they were 2 tds better than us penalties kept us in it, tell those kids to learn to keep their mouths shut like our kids they have a chance next year

Well I guess it's about time for me to hibernate until next season Good Lord willing.
To the folks on NCprep I've enjoyed it I hope I've been an addition not a subtraction from the boards and post.
To the Mitchell Mountaineer boys if any of them read this we're all proud of you had great season no matter the outcome today you're still Western Champs only second Mitchell team to do so, you've done yourselves your school and county proud , you played your hearts out and never quit to the last play and to the coaches great job we appreciate all the hard work you do with these young man.
They all read it lol

Well I wouldn't say that the RB's have had a good season too it's just that he's had such big numbers. Easy for me to say afterwards but the way they keyed on the QB with the run bliz about every play I believe I'd had use them more and tried the outside more because they were blitzing between the tackles and tried the quick dump to the RB more especially on first down when they connected it worked well.
Compare #s Ty ran more he averaged 8.2 yds a carry, Carter 7.8 yds a carry and most were 6 or more and so on the other kids all played both ways that's why they ran Ty more he was rested and didn't have both hamstrings pulled like a couple of others it wasn't a one man team sick of hearing it they all contributed no credit for the line, running backs beating their brains our blocking, ect I'd say next year tell Asheville Citizen Times and WLOS to buzz off if we make it this far, every kid the featured struggled sat publicity sometimes can be iverwhelming

Honestly have to say worst officiated game I ever saw, but I also have to say poor discipline on MAs part, I felt they were 2 tds better than us penalties kept us in it, tell those kids to learn to keep their mouths shut like our kids they have a chance next year
Agree 100%, the Refs wanted all the attention and took it out on the coaches after they made them mad. The coach needs to have respect from the kids and lost it. The Refs was the worst part of the game and they need better training and pay ! ! !

Agree 100%, the Refs wanted all the attention and took it out on the coaches after they made them mad. The coach needs to have respect from the kids and lost it. The Refs was the worst part of the game and they need better training and pay ! ! !
Honestly think after watching today MA could have given Tarboro a better game if it wasn't for our linebackers Tarboro would have put 60 on us that's the truth

Mitchell had leadership that was the difference disciplined kids like Hoyle, Horney, Gardner, Buchanan these kids kept their mouths shut most were captains saved their talking for the bus ride
I think Mount Airy had good leadership but when bad calls by bad Refs happen in front of them continuously knowing they are better than the calls then they lose their cool and forget about the kids thinking they deserve better than the Refs bad calls. Mount Airy, I think got more yardage called against them that night tan the whole year ! Notice New Refs Needed In The NCHSAA With Better Pay ! ! ! !
Sorry I have heard this in for several weeks .......

Reactions: NCBBFB
I really don't know. I've just never seen anything like it. It ruined the game and their season. I'm sure that everyone who came wanting to just watch a good game left upset. Ma players and coaches have to take responsibility as well for some of the actions.

If coach JD Adkins doesn't prove his self next year his 5th year with what he has returning then he needs to go ! He has to win against a top 10 team ! ! !
Then we need Kelly Holder Back..... And he needs to coach his way with no parent telling him their kid is better. Just my opinion and I have heard nothing for my thoughts, just I know how schools are by the way Diamond at East Surry was treated.....

Was the Refs out of control and wanting all the attention ? I have never heard as many complaints about Refs as we have had the last few years from almost all conferences in the west. Do we now need more video and playback to control the Refs bad calls? What is the answer for getting better Refs ? Maybe with all the money, the NCHSAA has in reserve, like $42,000 last I heard then pay the Refs more with better training. Seems they are all rookies and don't know what they are calling. Too many people I know well are at the games seeing calls that they say are bad and very bad calls. I have a very good idea why the MA game got out of control and it was not all the coaches doin
Damn TD, let Mitchell and Tarboro have their day and you and the rest of you losers stay out of it.

Last edited:
I thought TD said he was signing off 3 weeks ago..Yet he is still here spewing nonsense of a game he didnt even attend. Just spewing backhanded comments to Mitchell about how MA would have done better. Some Mitchell fans sound stupid as well by perpetuating that MA would have done better...no one knows and would ever know. MA may have very well fell apart like they did against Mitchell...

Before this drops off, I want to thank the Mitchell coaches, players and parents for their time and dedication. To the seniors thank you for the way you have conducted yourselves both on and off the field.

Just want to take a moment and tell purple1995 that it has been an absolute joy watching his son over the past 6 years. The young man poured everything he had into Mitchell football.

I know I have received countless hours of enjoyment from these young men playing a game.

Go Mountaineers

"We came a long way. We came together, or we would've lost in the second round. We didn't have the most talent or the most speed, we just stuck together and played."

Quote from Senior Carter Hoyle #22. These guys gave us a fun ride this year, we will miss our seniors and want to thank them for the hard work and sacrifice they put in. I would say I'm proud of our little community for the support they gave this team as well. looked like half the county was there. As always it's a GDTBAM!! Go Mitchell!! Congratulations Tarboro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT