ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1A Girls Basketball Thread

Smoker had 21. Tim had 22 I think. Harris and Murphy played well too. Girls have suffered with these coaching changes. Suzy again is the best coach in the conference. It’d have been one more war had Karen stayed at Mitchell

Smoker had 21. Tim had 22 I think. Harris and Murphy played well too. Girls have suffered with these coaching changes. Suzy again is the best coach in the conference. It’d have been one more war had Karen stayed at Mitchell
You are correct, meant to include Murphy. Thought he made some key plays down the stretch.

Go Mountaineers.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Was a weird game to me. Absolutely no excitement in the gym for the girls game. I didn’t think either team played very well. Heard, apologizing up front if not true, Heritage was dealing with some sickness, so that may have played into it. You can tell the 3 coach turnover has had an effect on Mitchell. At least it looked that way to me. The intensity level just seemed way off compared to the past few years. While both teams had a few ladies that had good games, I don’t know something just seemed off.

Now the JV boys and varsity boys games seemed to have some spark to them. The 4th quarter and OT of the boys game was I thought typical. Not sure how many Smoker had for they Heritage boys but he and Silvers had very good games. Hollifield had a good game for Mitchell. Thought Willis, Harris and Turbyfill also played well with out big numbers.

Go Mountaineers
My daughter and 3 more are still getting over something. They all tested negative for flu and Covid so just a bad bug. And we still have our tall wing out with an ankle injury for two more weeks. With that said no excuse they were getting sick the Smokey game but all still played well. Heck was my daughters best game of the year lol. We just didn’t look ready to play last night that’s on the girls. I always hated playing and watching snow day games seems if they get out of their routines both teams looked to be dragging.

Congratulations to Tim Hollifield on breaking the 3 point record for a single game. Great night shooting the ball.

Thanks a bunch. He also had a dunk in the game. Tim is a good kid. Works hard. Hopefully gets a shot at continuing to play. Your girls continue to roll congratulations

Congratulations to your daughter and Heritage girls and boys. Y’all played well last night
Thank you. She couldn't get her shot to fall after those first two 3's lol. Your boys and girls did as well. Mitchell girls play very solid defense, and your boys team played really well also.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Looks like there is a good couple of matchups in the WHC next week between Mt. Heritage and Draughn. Both Schools currently tied for 1st if I'm not mistaken.
I think the boys are tied. Girls Heritage is in 1st but have Rosman currently 3rd saturday and Draughn currently 2nd twice next week.

Heritage girls will beat draughn. I think heritage boys split with them.
Well you were right in your predictions...just flip flopped lol.

In all seriousness those two sets of games last week might have been some of the best high school basketball I've seen in years. Reminded me of some of the old matchups back in the day before Burke County expanded to 4 schools.

Best of luck to everyone in the Conference Tournament and Playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT