Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
North Stanly @ Albemarle, North Stanly, 34-19
North Rowan @ Chatham Central, North Rowan, 63-12
North Moore @ South Davidson, North Moore 35-13
South Stanly @ West Montgomery, South Stanly 28-18

Last week, 4-0 (1.000)
Overall, 33-7 (.825)

Agree with your picks but think the South Stanly game won’t be close. West Montgomery may not win another game this year.

Agree with your picks but think the South Stanly game won’t be close. West Montgomery may not win another game this year.

Have they played Albemarle yet? That's a "W". Albemarle is comfortably back where they were for 40+ years. The Gaster years aren't indicative of their history. They were bottom feeders for decades. They had a 10 year run of success. Love to hear their fans crowing about how they are on the way back. Back to what? Since we are allowed to speak freely here now, Albemarle became a power when they grabbed players from all over Stanly County and a few each year from surrounding counties.They had an aggressive coach, assistants and an NCHSAA that turned it's head because they were a "City School" system. Get over it Albemarle fans. Enjoy the run you had. Welcome back to the real world.

Reactions: KW23
Sorry to burst your bubble but If you give up 48 points to an 0-7 Chatham Central you won’t beat Albemarle this year. Their only shot may be North Moore but after watching both play I would go with North Moore. West is basically what Albemarle has been the last few years. A JV team playing on the varsity level.

Have they played Albemarle yet? That's a "W". Albemarle is comfortably back where they were for 40+ years. The Gaster years aren't indicative of their history. They were bottom feeders for decades. They had a 10 year run of success. Love to hear their fans crowing about how they are on the way back. Back to what? Since we are allowed to speak freely here now, Albemarle became a power when they grabbed players from all over Stanly County and a few each year from surrounding counties.They had an aggressive coach, assistants and an NCHSAA that turned it's head because they were a "City School" system. Get over it Albemarle fans. Enjoy the run you had. Welcome back to the real world.

Yeah it’s nice to have those 5 state titles . I’m sorry again can you remind me up until the year we lost To north stanly a couple of years ago when the last time north stanly had beaten us? I hate to tell you this but Albemarle is on the way back up. Hate away

Sorry to burst your bubble but If you give up 48 points to an 0-7 Chatham Central you won’t beat Albemarle this year. Their only shot may be North Moore but after watching both play I would go with North Moore. West is basically what Albemarle has been the last few years. A JV team playing on the varsity level.

West Montgomery IS a JV team with four Sr.s so I wouldn't exactly call them Albemarle. You forget the 50+ years of futility that has more than defined the Albemarle football program. West Montgomery has had sustained success over the history of the school. The school is closing and will be no more. That being said they will still have more credibility without winning State than Albemarle will ever have with their "recruited" teams.

Reactions: KW23
West Montgomery IS a JV team with four Sr.s so I wouldn't exactly call them Albemarle. You forget the 50+ years of futility that has more than defined the Albemarle football program. West Montgomery has had sustained success over the history of the school. The school is closing and will be no more. That being said they will still have more credibility without winning State than Albemarle will ever have with their "recruited" teams.

Albemarle the last two years was made up of mostly sophomores and freshmen. Still hated.... Recruited? Where’s your proof? I actually had a conversation with a person who has been around the program for a very long time and the kids were local kids to Albemarle. Keep hating on Albemarle because as I can see they still have more of a chance of winning a state title than anybody else and probably will have their 6th before anybody else gets their 1.

Reactions: Dogs9
It's hard to believe that Albemarle and West Montgomery are at best in the middle of the Yadkin Valley Conference. Both teams have been down on their luck.

West Montgomery has fallen off the football planet, much like Albemarle did in 2015. Albemarle is better than West Montgomery, but not much better.

I don't see Albemarle having much luck against North Stanly. North has too many weapons...and Albemarle does not. It might be a good game for a half but Albemarle will tire down in the 2nd half.

Reactions: atucker2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT