RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
Albemarle @ East Montgomery, EM 27-21

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery, WM 66-6

South Stanly @ North Moore, NM 24-13

West Stanly @ North Stanly, NS 20-14

Union Academy @ South Davidson, UA 34-7

East Montgomery is on the rise and defeats a declining Albemarle squad. West crushes Chatham Central. North Moore herds the Rowdy Rebel Bulls. North Stanly defeats West Stanly. Union Academy defeats South Davidson.

6-1 last week, 19-4 overall.

Albemarle @ East Montgomery, EM 27-21

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery, WM 66-6

South Stanly @ North Moore, NM 24-13

West Stanly @ North Stanly, NS 20-14

Union Academy @ South Davidson, UA 34-7

East Montgomery is on the rise and defeats a declining Albemarle squad. West crushes Chatham Central. North Moore herds the Rowdy Rebel Bulls. North Stanly defeats West Stanly. Union Academy defeats South Davidson.

6-1 last week, 19-4 overall.

Has East Montgomery beaten Albemarle since the Bulldogs moved to 1A?

Albemarle @ East Montgomery, EM 35-21

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery, WM 56-0

South Stanly @ North Moore, NM 28-14

West Stanly @ North Stanly, NS 31-17

Union Academy @ South Davidson, UA 42-7

Albemarle @ East Montgomery, EM 21-0

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery, Whatever WM wants it to be...

South Stanly @ North Moore, NM 28-6

West Stanly @ North Stanly, NS 42-21

Union Academy @ South Davidson, UA 28-7

Albemarle @ EM EM 35-18.
CC @ WM WM 55-12
SS @ NM No Message
WS @ NS West Stanly 32-18
UA @ SD UA 44-7

Have to agree with everybody, EM takes this one over Albemarle. Why? Albemarle cannot generate any offense. The defense has played pretty well, except Concord. The offense just seems to be stuck in the mud. Emery coming back will help some but probably not enough. We can't get outside. Not enough speed. The passing game is a no show. So its up the gut, off tackle, etc. All the teams we play are going to stack the line of scrimmage and dare us to throw or go outside. One demitional offense. Unless something changes soon I see us now with 3 maybe 4 wins at the most. Painful to watch and see.

I heard that we may be changing the offense again. Has anyone else heard anything about this?:)

I heard that we may be changing the offense again. Has anyone else heard anything about this?:)
I don't blame it all on the offense they are running. If you have the athletes you could run the single wing and be successful. Albemarle just doesn't have the athletes this year they have had in the past. Getting Emery back and a little more improvement in the passing game will help the offense.

is the new offense emery right emery left then emery up the middle?

Albemarle @ East Montgomery, EM 14-7 - Being shutout by WS was a big surprise considering their defense is not very good at all. For that reason, I pick EM over ALB in a close one.

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery, WM will win

South Stanly @ North Moore, NM 35-13 Should be a good tune up for NM.

West Stanly @ North Stanly, NS 28-14 - Could be reversed on the score here. Its a toss up to me. According to which running back gets loose. The WS defense is not that good but NS has historically not been that good on defense either.

Union Academy @ South Davidson, UA 26-12 - UA gets the win.

I'm trying my best to stay away here, but you guys just seem to keep "Reeling" me in.

@KW23 I could care less if its Emery Left/Right/Middle/Up/Down/or Under, for a couple of years, it was like that with T.A.

@Dogs9, Albemarle clearly doesn't have the athletes to run this offense, but they do have athletes none the less. I didn't see a soul last Friday get to the second level on a consistent bases. They would get 5 or 6 yards, and then go "Backwards". Albemarle wouldn't get a Championship if they had a genie and wished for it...Like we all said before, the OLine has to be aggressive and the QB has to be smart; we don't have enough "killers" on the field this year as far as the O goes, and not enough pads "Clacking" from what I seen Friday night on D.

Who will step up? rip some freaking heads off for goodness sake! get nasty and mean! let them know Albemarle was there! I remember my cousin's both Davis's would lay "WOOD" when you hit that outside, I've seen that up close and personal, that guy probably remembers that hit till this day, I know I do.

Oh how the mighty has fallen!

People say the crowd needs to get behind them and cheer.....question, cheer for what exactly? When Bird made that pass, the crowd erupted! I know I was slaging "G'd's" all over the place.

Anyway,

Albemarle @ EM EM 20-7.
CC @ WM WM Playing a 8th grade team
SS @ NM NM 21-0
WS @ NS North Stanly 25-12
UA @ SD UA Playing a division 2 team....

For years and years and years coaches tried to figure out an offense that consistently put "W"'s up at Albemarle. Yet, no one seemed to be able to figure it out. Along comes a MAN named Jack Gaster and low and behold not only did the W's start to pile up but so did the State Championships. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The further we move away from what Coach Gaster installed (weight lifting, the style of offense and defense that he installed, and the PRIDE that came along with being an Albemarle Bulldog).....Albemarle will continue to lose more and more every year. If it ain't broke you don't need to attempt to fix it or change it. Leave it alone and just run it. Sure, we don't have as many athletes as we did from 2001 through 2004 and then 2009-10, but we surely have enough to produce more Wins than Losses. C'mon Man!

For years and years and years coaches tried to figure out an offense that consistently put "W"'s up at Albemarle. Yet, no one seemed to be able to figure it out. Along comes a MAN named Jack Gaster and low and behold not only did the W's start to pile up but so did the State Championships. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The further we move away from what Coach Gaster installed (weight lifting, the style of offense and defense that he installed, and the PRIDE that came along with being an Albemarle Bulldog).....Albemarle will continue to lose more and more every year. If it ain't broke you don't need to attempt to fix it or change it. Leave it alone and just run it. Sure, we don't have as many athletes as we did from 2001 through 2004 and then 2009-10, but we surely have enough to produce more Wins than Losses. C'mon Man!

Along came TA!!!! You are giving way too much credit to where it is not due!! Gaster was good coach but AHS has had athletes galore. The well is dry right now.

In 2001 (Albemarle's) 1st championship with TA, we were 15-1. In 2002 and 2003 Albemarle went 16-0 and 16-0 so you can't just say "Along came TA" He may have put us on the map but the following years after he left Albemarle didn't skip a beat. These kids today think just because there is an "A" on the side and there are 5 championships behind them they are entitled. Those early championships required a LOT of work and dedication from all involved. I just wonder if that same mentality is still there.

Along came TA!!!! You are giving way too much credit to where it is not due!! Gaster was good coach but AHS has had athletes galore. The well is dry right now.

@Trench Warrior LIES YOU TELL!

Before TA, Tory ran that ball buddy and Albemarle was in tougher conference than the Past YVC. At that time it was Albemarle and Thomasville and whoever you met in the playoffs "Guy".... We would have won a SC had it not been for the bias ass Ref at Starmount (Pun Intended)!

I agree, the well has ran dry and we're not getting the purist breed athlete we're used to getting! Funny thing is, I went to the YMCA last night and began lifting weights with one of the students from Albemarle, strong kid.....so I the convo went like this:

Me: Your not playing footbal

Student: "No, I play band"

Me: "For who Albemarle?"

Student: "Yes"

Me: :confused:

I didn't know Albemarle had a band neither the less, need a kid that could probably start at OLB. "Mysterious" lol....go figure.

In 2001 (Albemarle's) 1st championship with TA, we were 15-1. In 2002 and 2003 Albemarle went 16-0 and 16-0 so you can't just say "Along came TA" He may have put us on the map but the following years after he left Albemarle didn't skip a beat. These kids today think just because there is an "A" on the side and there are 5 championships behind them they are entitled. Those early championships required a LOT of work and dedication from all involved. I just wonder if that same mentality is still there.

Still comes down to talent. The '02 & '03 groups along with the teams that won it with Morris & Akins were loaded. Not the case now. AHS doesn't have near the play makers that they've had in the past.

Reactions: sway1532
Still comes down to talent. The '02 & '03 groups along with the teams that won it with Morris & Akins were loaded. Not the case now. AHS doesn't have near the play makers that they've had in the past.

Nobody is disagreeing with this statement, me for one.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Gaster was a great developer of talent. Gaster's 1994 team went 12-1. That was long before McLendon, and it was two years after AHS had gone 1-9 in the much weaker Rocky River Conference.

Albemarle has always had good athletes, but talent runs in cycles and it takes continuity across the youth and middle school programs to keep the pipeline full. When you change head coaches every year, the pipeline is going to spring some leaks.

Gaster was a great developer of talent. Gaster's 1994 team went 12-1. That was long before McLendon, and it was two years after AHS had gone 1-9 in the much weaker Rocky River Conference.

Albemarle has always had good athletes, but talent runs in cycles and it takes continuity across the youth and middle school programs to keep the pipeline full. When you change head coaches every year, the pipeline is going to spring some leaks.
You are exactly right steady99.

Albemarle @ East Montgomery-
EM 21-7 This is the most interesting game of the week in my opinion. Should answer a lot of questions people have! (I'm still saying EM will finish 2nd in the YVC this year)

Chatham Central @ West Montgomery
WM 48-7

South Stanly @ North Moore
NM 35-10 NM will give anybody a run this year!

West Stanly @ North Stanly
WS 28-14 NS is who we thought they were!

Union Academy @ South Davidson
UA 21-7

The talent is down, but don't count on it to stay that way. The stability at the youth level is there now for the last 2 years, and there to stay. The athletes are in the program just not to high school yet.
As for the offense: run the best fit for the athletes you have. That goes for any level. Not saying that I know what that is, but Jacobi at the right wing, running left off tackle every touch, doesn't do our best player any justice imo

Dog fans abound and optimism is great....but, let's be real here. The biggest problem with Albemarle HS this year, regretfully is the HUGE number of ineligible athletes. It was posted on here a month ago that around 20 were not eligible. Fact: All students who are promoted from middle school to high school are eligible to participate UNLESS they missed too many days. (I read into this that the 20 plus were ALREADY at the high school last year. THIS is what devastated this program.) If you had 20 more players, depth concerns would not be here. Correct the academics and the wins will come back.

@Sleehrat84 I stood and I applauded.

When you have a student body of 1,300 like concord, 20 athletes that's ineligible is not a factor, it's basically next man up. But with small numbers like Albemarle, next man up logic is not feasible. I said in a past post that the talent Albemarle needs is on the streets, sad but true.

I'm not saying we were "Saints" in high school anymore than these kids now, but we knew what was important to us and what we had to do to keep it. But XBOX One, PS4, Michael Jordan shoes and Nicki Minaj, are the most important thing now...

Last edited:

Gaster was great at keeping kids eligible. He also knew when to look the other way! The bigger problem is that this particular group of kids has been allowed to act any way they want without fear of being held accountable. This started at the middle school with the admin in place there.

Reactions: sway1532
I myself have seen the talent, @dogsfan85; you, Watkins, and Lynch have done an excellent job. Thank you.

Saw the middle school team this afternoon. Plenty of talent & potential but receiving very suspect coaching. Not sure about the Double Wing for this group but a high school coach who truly knows the spread would fair well at AHS in the near future if some real discipline was instilled in these kids. As long as eligibility is an issue, they will continue to be competitive in the YVC but that's about it.

Has East Montgomery beaten Albemarle since the Bulldogs moved to 1A?

East Montgomery received two wins via forfeit in 2007 & 2014. The last on-the-field win for East Montgomery over Albemarle was 1993 when Albemarle was 2A.The Eagles won seven straight over the Bulldogs from 1986-1992. East Montgomery is 8-25 all time versus Albemarle.

Jacoby Elerby will bring planty of Offence for Albemarle. I may be wrong but I have a filling that if Albemarle changes to a more suited Offense this Team can roll.

is the new offense emery right emery left then emery up the middle?
KW, I will describe Our Offense at Albemarle. The Running Backs elbow is on the back of the Offensive Line. He pushes Himself against that line and is met by the Defense after gaining a couple yards or if the line lets up He gets pulled Down in the backfield. I'm not a Fan of it.

One of My Favorite Memories was when Tom Brown and Maiden came to Albemarle. I'll never forget that one

And They got cocky just like Our Bulldogs. I remember Them standing at the old Visitors dressing Room and talking Trash
Never remember standing at locker room talking trash but I wouldn't doubt it, lol. We were very confident and didn't expect to lose. Not until Heath Schuler beat us 35-28 in the semis. Couldn't quite get over the swain co. hump. Glad to see that some of you guys remember those years at EM, there were some special teams. Glad I was able to be a part of it.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Btw, does anybody know if swain won it all in 91 and who they played in championship

One of My Favorite Memories was when Tom Brown and Maiden came to Albemarle. I'll never forget that one

Maiden came to Albemarle? I thought we went up there after we beat Thomasville in 2001... "Now that's Football!" is what the coach would say after a win, so our kids yelled it out after the win, Brown said "That ain't $h!+!"...lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT