ADVERTISEMENT

WS Prep

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
From WSFCS website:

Head Coach - Football

HR Contact: Kathy Furr

PRN (As Needed) - Ten (10) Months (Coaching Stipend )

Winston-Salem Preparatory Academy

Closing Date: Sunday, January 29, 2017

Successful high school and/or college football coaching experience. Hold or be eligible to hold a NC commercial drivers license to operate a school activity bus. Will be subject to periodic US Dept. of Transportation random controlled substance screenings.

Responsibilities beginning in the 2017-2018 school year. A Head Football coaching supplement based on athletic special supplement schedule for 3.5 months based on years of coaching experience. Coaching supplement range for Head Football Coach is $910.00 to $1,742.00 monthly. Additional coaching duties (if any) with additional supplement pay will be assigned by the Principal/Athletic Director.

Please send resumes to Zach Hargett, WSPA AD, 1215 N. Cameron Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, email: zhhargett@wsfcs.k12.nc.us.

Last edited:
will have to really get out and recruit kids to program....looked back at their roster...had 27 but 14 were seniors and no JV program

^Suprised by the amount of the coaching supplement. Expected more to be honest.

Not suprised by this move though it's been rumored for a while. I kind of expected it seeing how much their turnout dropped in one year but I figured he'd last. Well at least he had a legit reason; a lot of the time you see someone use that phrase as a cliche, not this time. Some people on the other site were talking of the program folding but that made no sense to me. They went thru all that time raising money they wouldn't just fold at the first chance it'd be awful to those fundraisers and the supporters. I guess both sides realised that there needed to be a change.

It's gonna be intresting to see where this goes. They want someone with college experience possibly so that means it could be anyone who wants it. Who is the question. Crowell's out there since he left Carver but I'm not sure if he wants to coach right now plus his son's at Virginia too. He would be an intresting pick though due to his pro experience. I would also say the coach who used to be at Atkins due to being from that neighborhood but he's a principal now.

They intend to be solid by the end of the alignment. If so it's gonna take a lot of re-arranging and expansion. They gotta get those JV kids back from 2015 for one; they had great potential. Then they gotta compete with the other Forsyth schools and that won't be easy. Then they got to get the internal house solid. It'll take a lot of hard work but if their plan does suceed it will make the 2020 re-alignment intresting.

Just gotta wait and see.

enrollment at the school has dropped off over the last several years....was up around 280 +... now I'm hearing down at the 200 line....gonna be tough but then again getting the right coach would make a big difference....wait and see game begins

Directly from the article:

“You’ve just got to get the right coach in to get the right kids here that’s going to make a huge difference in our football program,” Hargett said. “It may take two years. It may take three at the most … but we should be competitive.” - AD Zach Hargett

No hiding the idea of or need for recruiting. I know it's been harped upon time and time again, but this is why the smaller traditional schools get so frustrated playing against schools with open enrollment or expanded boundaries. Not blaming the folks at WS Prep - they are absolutely playing by the rules afforded to them. It just frustrating that everyone isn't on a level playing field (just ask the teams who've had to deal with Prep basketball over the past 6-7 years). We may never see Prep football reach the success level of their basketball teams, but thanks to open enrollment the opportunity is absolutely there.

just don't see it happening with the declining enrollment #'s....and unless the basketball team has another good group coming in next year, the decline of that program will begin...large senior group this year

just don't see it happening with the declining enrollment #'s....and unless the basketball team has another good group coming in next year, the decline of that program will begin...large senior group this year
They will stay strong in BB as long as Coach is there. Bareman, do they have a boys JV team and if so are they good?

A member of Prep's staff hinted that they had their man. And he would get several basketball players to play football. Also they would probably just have a varsity team. And they would be OK during the upcoming open enrollment period in Feb because kids would know who the head coach would be! This was from a reliable source!

A member of Prep's staff hinted that they had their man. And he would get several basketball players to play football. Also they would probably just have a varsity team. And they would be OK during the upcoming open enrollment period in Feb because kids would know who the head coach would be! This was from a reliable source!
I highly doubt that Andre would want his better basketball players playing football...maybe some of those jv kids who probably won't make the varsity team next year or varsity reserves who won't get a ton of action. The best Prep bball players won't risk injury and their college future on football. I also bet that Andre gets a handful of new enrollees next year who can easily fill the spots of the departing seniors from this year - he's done it every year Prep has been around, no need to think it won't happen next year.

Reactions: mbdfan
Why does the state put kids through this totally unfair conditions and you can't say money because look at the people that come to their games ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT