ADVERTISEMENT

WRH @ North Eastern ...... A Poem for Goob !!

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
OK Goob, and for both teams. Got the poem, now just have to change the words around to fit the occasion. Will have the first part up later today. Have to take the wife shopping .... :mad: I'm her body guard, this time of year the bad guys are out. How can an old fart like me guard anything you wonder. "God didn't make men equal ..... Sam Colt did. " :cool:

OK Goob, and for both teams. Got the poem, now just have to change the words around to fit the occasion. Will have the first part up later today. Have to take the wife shopping .... :mad: I'm her body guard, this time of year the bad guys are out. How can an old fart like me guard anything you wonder. "God didn't make men equal ..... Sam Colt did. " :cool:

Be safe brother, stay warm..

Let's go
The teams walk warily onto the field
With their helmets pulled way down low
Ain’t no sound but the sound of their cleats
Dogs and Eagles ready to go
Are you ready, hey are you ready for this ?
Fans sitting on the edge of their seat
And another ones gone, another ones gone
One of em bites the dust

Let's go
The teams walk warily onto the field
With their helmets pulled way down low
Ain’t no sound but the sound of their cleats
Dogs and Eagles ready to go
Are you ready, hey are you ready for this ?
Fans sitting on the edge of their seat
And another ones gone, another ones gone
One of em bites the dust
Refreshing as always. We need post like this up here more often. So many of us, myself included, get caught up in the bickering back and forth. Most of the times it’s all good but sometimes it just gets old. Thanks #1

Part two :

Coaches ready to go
Wednesday practice, gettin ready to go
Bands tuning up, ready to go
Listen to the sound of the beat
Both teams fans are ready for this
They will be hangin on the edge of their seat
If they arnt ready, they will be gone
Who will it be ?
Who will bite the dust ?

This is all true. I’m nervous but ready for this game. I want to put this one behind me and move on.
You should be nervous. If big time events dont make you nervous then they are not worth it. As soon as the kickoff comes the nerves will settle down and its either the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat as the game unfolds. Hang in there goob, it will be over soon or just start again for next week. Hate to see either team go this early.

You should be nervous. If big time events dont make you nervous then they are not worth it. As soon as the kickoff comes the nerves will settle down and its either the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat as the game unfolds. Hang in there goob, it will be over soon or just start again for next week. Hate to see either team go this early.
Yes sir my nerves are kicking

Third Verse ...... Final tomorrow:

Short practice for both today
Readin what the posters say
Eat some Turkey with all the stuff
Eat till the coach says Thats Enough
The nerviousness they cant hide
One will get taken for a Ride
One of em Bites The Dust

Doin some work around the place today. Big meal this evening at 5. Turkey, Ham, with all the sides. I eat ham. Its cold today and will be 32 at feedin time. Everybody have a thankful day, Happy Thanksgiving.

Third Verse ...... Final tomorrow:

Short practice for both today
Readin what the posters say
Eat some Turkey with all the stuff
Eat till the coach says Thats Enough
The nerviousness they cant hide
One will get taken for a Ride
One of em Bites The Dust

Doin some work around the place today. Big meal this evening at 5. Turkey, Ham, with all the sides. I eat ham. Its cold today and will be 32 at feedin time. Everybody have a thankful day, Happy Thanksgiving.
Awesome as usual #1. I’m looking forward to the finale tomorrow. Thanks

Game day final verse. Good luck to both teams, I look forward to listening to a Great Game

Field preparations are under way
Gettin the place ready to go
Stock the snack bar, bout time for the Big Show
Cookin up the chow, for the loser it will be CROW
The Teachey Terriers vs Elizabeth City Buzzards
Fur and Feathers will fly
Suck it up loser, dont cry
There will be next year to give it another try
The challenge has been issued
Both teams will answer the call
Lets Play Ball !!

Thanks #1, great as always. I always liked when you’d write those poems up here. It was pouring down rain here this morning but it’s cleared up nice. Hope this game lives up to the billing. It’s no Reidsville/Shelby but it’s pretty big. Hopefully Wrh brings a large crowd.

Thanks #1, great as always. I always liked when you’d write those poems up here. It was pouring down rain here this morning but it’s cleared up nice. Hope this game lives up to the billing. It’s no Reidsville/Shelby but it’s pretty big. Hopefully Wrh brings a large crowd.

Wrh travels well, should be lit tonight in NE. Post scores

Reactions: daagoob
Wrh travels well, should be lit tonight in NE. Post scores
Yeah I think we travel a little above average than most schools. I along with 5 others will be departing at 2:30 to head up to EC. I want to say safe travels for everyone in all classifications and hope every team has a clean injury free game. May the best teams win.

So SWO and NE have meet on a few occasions. What is the most memorable game?
A few years back SWO was playing well and had a kid on defense who went toe to toe with Freshwater. I think the kids last name was Green but I may very well be wrong. I believe he’s at Vanderbilt now after transferring from Oklahoma. That was a good game and I remember SWO brought a ton of supporters here. I’ve never seen a fan base travel like them and yes this includes the Wrh faithful. NE went on to win that game but it was a good between two good teams.

A few years back SWO was playing well and had a kid on defense who went toe to toe with Freshwater. I think the kids last name was Green but I may very well be wrong. I believe he’s at Vanderbilt now after transferring from Oklahoma. That was a good game and I remember SWO brought a ton of supporters here. I’ve never seen a fan base travel like them and yes this includes the Wrh faithful. NE went on to win that game but it was a good between two good teams.
Yea big Green. But SWO didn't have a great team at all. Very average to say the least. But hats off to NE, finally proved me wrong. Have a great coach and had some ballers out there.

Goobs you see NE dropping off, or still gonna be in the mix in the east?

Yea big Green. But SWO didn't have a great team at all. Very average to say the least. But hats off to NE, finally proved me wrong. Have a great coach and had some ballers out there.

Goobs you see NE dropping off, or still gonna be in the mix in the east?
I have lost all faith after last season. That’s just the truth. If I come up here this season and start saying some crazy talk about how good NE is , please call me out for I would know not what I was saying. No way NE loses in the fashion that we did to Wrh last season. I don’t care what the scenario is, I’ve played it over and over again. It’s almost impossible, the likelihood of NE getting shellacked with the talent we had on both sides of the ball is I’m the realms of you or I winning the powerball. My friend from Edenton Holmes football was right. I was standing so close to the forest 🌳 that I couldn’t see the trees. All the talent that our Eagles 🦅 have been blessed with over the last few years, smh 🤦‍♀️. Maybe the Camden Coach or Coach Bossi from Currituck will let me carry the water or something. You guys know how to find me.

I have lost all faith after last season. That’s just the truth. If I come up here this season and start saying some crazy talk about how good NE is , please call me out for I would know not what I was saying. No way NE loses in the fashion that we did to Wrh last season. I don’t care what the scenario is, I’ve played it over and over again. It’s almost impossible, the likelihood of NE getting shellacked with the talent we had on both sides of the ball is I’m the realms of you or I winning the powerball. My friend from Edenton Holmes football was right. I was standing so close to the forest 🌳 that I couldn’t see the trees. All the talent that our Eagles 🦅 have been blessed with over the last few years, smh 🤦‍♀️. Maybe the Camden Coach or Coach Bossi from Currituck will let me carry the water or something. You guys know how to find me.

Lol goobs you know me, I'll definitely call you out and laugh. NE has been blessed with tons of talent, just never can get over the hump. Once SWO won a title, we won 4 in 6 years. Thought NE would have won the first title appearance and got over the hump, that could have been NE. Sometimes just doesn't always work out that way. NE coaching or players or yourself should never hold your heads. NE went on a historical run to say the least for that part of the state. Just think it's over for them. Hope I'm wrong. WRH will be back in the mix this year for sure. Until SWO change coaching staff we will not be very good. But that's why we play the games, I'll be at every game again this year...

NE as far as 2a and 1a world is relatively new what 15 years?

I agree with Unc91, once NE gets it, they will win allot in a short period.

Goob you never know sometimes teams do better when the expectations are not so high. Maybe coaches and players put a little more into it because they know they have to
Yes sir I agree with you. I also think Wrh coaches circled this game (NE) and most likely wanted to send a statement. That may or may not have been the case, but I for one know that if I was involved with the NE program I can promise you that we would’ve at least been competitive in that our kids would’ve been prepared for that wing t. Yes I understand that it’s a complicated offense to defend against but when you have the speed and talent like we had on defense then we should’ve made them earn that victory. One of our strengths last season was our ability to make big plays with our passing attack. When Wrh came to town we completely went away from that and opted to try and implement a run first offense. Im far from a coach and I rarely criticize NE but that game was a complete and utter failure and I put it on our coaches, not the players. We need fresh blood on the sidelines this upcoming season and hopefully Coach Moore will make the changes we need to take this talent rich program to the top.

Lol goobs you know me, I'll definitely call you out and laugh. NE has been blessed with tons of talent, just never can get over the hump. Once SWO won a title, we won 4 in 6 years. Thought NE would have won the first title appearance and got over the hump, that could have been NE. Sometimes just doesn't always work out that way. NE coaching or players or yourself should never hold your heads. NE went on a historical run to say the least for that part of the state. Just think it's over for them. Hope I'm wrong. WRH will be back in the mix this year for sure. Until SWO change coaching staff we will not be very good. But that's why we play the games, I'll be at every game again this year...
I will also be at all the NE games most likely and like yourself I think we’re going to fall off. Sure would be nice to get us a great running back to take some of the pressure off our qb. I think SWO will be right back in the thick of things this upcoming season and I believe Wrh will be the team to beat in the east.

Goob
Whats this season looking like?
For the first time in a long time I honestly don’t know. Every time I think we’re going to struggle Coach Moore always seems to prove me wrong. I know we’re returning our qb who is pretty good and our top playmaker Sutton. I don’t think we have anyone in the backfield unless someone transfers in.

For the first time in a long time I honestly don’t know. Every time I think we’re going to struggle Coach Moore always seems to prove me wrong. I know we’re returning our qb who is pretty good and our top playmaker Sutton. I don’t think we have anyone in the backfield unless someone transfers in.
Crazy to think NE is getting transfers. Would have never thought in my life I'd see that. Once the laughing stock of eastern football, now getting transfers. Coach has really changed the culture up there

How many schools are looking at your QB?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
How many schools are looking at your QB?
None that I’m aware of but this past season was his first under center and he got better as the year went on. I’m sure all the area (Nc/Va) hbcu colleges will offer him but I highly doubt any larger schools like an ODU will because of his size. We’ll see and I’m really curious to see if he makes any big strides over the off season. I sure would like to get another Dallas Hall (qb) here. Maybe some stud rb will transfer in from another area school. We sure do need one.

Crazy to think NE is getting transfers. Would have never thought in my life I'd see that. Once the laughing stock of eastern football, now getting transfers. Coach has really changed the culture up there
Most of the transfers have been from area schools such as Gates County, PTank,Washington County among others. We did have a couple (Hodge brothers) who were from Texas and came here. That Holden Hodge was a baller and almost led us to a state championship victory a couple years back.

• Haha
None that I’m aware of but this past season was his first under center and he got better as the year went on. I’m sure all the area (Nc/Va) hbcu colleges will offer him but I highly doubt any larger schools like an ODU will because of his size. We’ll see and I’m really curious to see if he makes any big strides over the off season. I sure would like to get another Dallas Hall (qb) here. Maybe some stud rb will transfer in from another area school. We sure do need one.
He's to small play QB at the next level, but a good athlete that will get some looks for sure

Most of the transfers have been from area schools such as Gates County, PTank,Washington County among others. We did have a couple (Hodge brothers) who were from Texas and came here. That Holden Hodge was a baller and almost led us to a state championship victory a couple years back.
The little 5ft 3in kid was all heart no where close to a baller bro. We both know this

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT