ADVERTISEMENT

Wilkes Central at East Lincoln

CM3

Nov 1, 2005
Looks like East Lincoln will have their hands full with the offense of Wilkes Central, local newspaper has him avg. 11 yards a carry and scoring every 6.5 run attempts, anybody got anything on this team? Good luck to all in still playing, I think to many times people take this time of year for granted.

Andrew Bynum has rushed for nearly 2,700 yards and 38 TDs. He is s very good back with good size and breakaway speed.

Interesting article maybe it will be a tough game for East. That's why they play the game but I am not sure there are any teams in there conference with the likes of east lincoln. By the way Mr. Lincolnton good luck to your team they are playing great sure would have been a great game if we played again this year. I look forward to a Shelby L-town match up hope it happens.

Thanks, Subsailor, and good luck to East, too. I hope you get to come down to one of their playoff games.

Seen both teams play....hate to say it but it will be a long night for Wilkes,,,, lot better defense than what they are used to playing against. .Bynum will break away a time or two but East will run him down....lot of points scored in this one, my guess 56-35 East

I'm looking forward to this one. An offense that will put up a challenge and test the defense. If we could hold them to a low score I'd be thrilled. This is the time of year when our defense usually starts to surprise me with how they've come along. We'll see. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams and safe travels to the Wilkes fans.

Seen both teams play....hate to say it but it will be a long night for Wilkes,,,, lot better defense than what they are used to playing against. .Bynum will break away a time or two but East will run him down....lot of points scored in this one, my guess 56-35 East

Our defense never shuts anyone out and gives up 20 or more regularly, yet they haven't given up 35 points or more since September 2013 which is 38 games ago. It's really interesting statistically.

Our defense never shuts anyone out and gives up 20 or more regularly, yet they haven't given up 35 points or more since September 2013 which is 38 games ago. It's really interesting statistically.
Being a playoff game I believe East will go up big early and play second string,, I figured that into the score

I like both of these coaches and what they have produced at their respective schools.East Lincoln just has too much for the Eagles to defend tonight.There is a reason that the game is played and that's for us to banter over them and to enjoy the Friday Night Lights.

East should roll in this one,but stranger things have happened.

Wilkes Central coach sure doesn't sugar coat things. I don't know why he would say Chazz Surratt doesn't have the best mechanics. That is like hating on Cindy Crawford for her mole.

Sad to lose Chazz hopefully he'll be back next week but the backup freshman is a stud, defense is playing lights out, and banks is having a heck of a game!! 40-0 four mins left in the third quarter

Reactions: sasha_nc
Sad to lose Chazz hopefully he'll be back next week but the backup freshman is a stud, defense is playing lights out, and banks is having a heck of a game!! 40-0 four mins left in the third quarter

Sounds like EL was ready no mater what. Sorry about Chazz but glad to hear the team is holding it together.

Excellent team win for East. Not impressed with Wilkes running game at all will be interesting to see stats for this game.

A friend sent me a text that Chazz was hurt in the first quarter. Anyone know how serious it is yet?

I read on Twitter Surratt had his elbow popped back into place and has already been cleared to play. Got it from Lincoln Times writer Ryan Herman for anyone interested in more info. @LTN_Sports.

Chazz's mom just sent me a text to say nothing is broken and his elbow is aligned...so things were looking better. He is in a special brace and will have MRI on Monday.

The freshman QB did do a great job. I look for him to do well for the Mustangs in the future.

Sounds like you guys did ya thing on D. With Wilkes Central its feast or famine. Shutting The Bynum kid down more than assures a blowout as no other athletes really step up for them consistently after he is shutdown!

If it's a dislocated elbow, I'd be shocked to see this kid next week. a much bigger picture to consider....

Hope all is well with Chazz, that moment in the game reminded me of four years ago. While playing L-Town at home our senior starting QB went down with a dislocated knee cap early in the game and a young freshman named Surratt was called on to QB us to victory. Everyone wondered could the freshman get it done. Well it's all history now. If Chazz can't make it back its time now for another freshman to step up, he did a fine job last night and one could only wonder what was going through that young mans mine when he realized Chazz was out for the game. Would love to see Chazz end his high school career on the field but if he can't the future looks like the QB position could be in good hands.

Hope all is well with Chazz, that moment in the game reminded me of four years ago. While playing L-Town at home our senior starting QB went down with a dislocated knee cap early in the game and a young freshman named Surratt was called on to QB us to victory. Everyone wondered could the freshman get it done. Well it's all history now. If Chazz can't make it back its time now for another freshman to step up, he did a fine job last night and one could only wonder what was going through that young mans mine when he realized Chazz was out for the game. Would love to see Chazz end his high school career on the field but if he can't the future looks like the QB position could be in good hands.

I'm with you on that last sentence. It wouldn't be right for such a great player to end his football career on the sideline, win or lose. Hope he bounces back from this one quickly, as I think he will. He seems like a very tough kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT