ADVERTISEMENT

WHOS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE

Chopper, I'm looking for help at Mattamaskeet next year. With your help I believe we can one day get the Lakers to where Ptank and Camden County are now,lol!!! We can turn Hyde County upside-down and build a dynasty there.
I'll have my people give your people a call and we can iron out the details.

Reactions: daagoob
Thats what I'm thinking. I was just wondering how many teams if any get more out of there football program than Robbinsville does concidering they only have 350 students. I don't pull for or against Robbinsville only thing I know about them is what I read on these boards. I just think it's amazing how competitive the Black Knights are on a yearly basis. I got to thinking after reading last week that some posters on here thought that South Point would blow Smokey Mountain out because Robbinsville had beat them eariler in the season.
I know alot of people don't pay much attention to 1a or 1aa football but the fact is there is about 6 really good teams this year in 1a and 1aa I believe a few of these teams could win the 2 a title this year or at least come close.

A small but vocal segment of you pest league fans all sound a like

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F06%2F08%2F15%2F180706_coach_yawn_bae.jpg

SP 108 maxpreps
Rville 61 maxpreps

Simmons has Robbinsville 42 spots ahead of SP.

Calpreps has Robbinsville winning 35-22 on neutral field.

Your football knowledge is very limited on a state level.

SP 108 maxpreps
Rville 61 maxpreps

Simmons has Robbinsville 42 spots ahead of SP.

Calpreps has Robbinsville winning 35-22 on neutral field.

Your football knowledge is very limited on a state level.
Who is SP? Surly not South Point, is it?

Lol yeah

The team that let Smoky score 6 or 7 tds friday.
Well, my friend, you’re sniffing if you think Robbinsville easily beats South Point. You guys just beat Smoky Mountain by 5, yourself. Y’all need to stop giving computers so much credibility. East Surry was to lose by 15 to Reidsville, per Simmons. Calpreps had Clinton by 10 over Shelby in the state championship back in 14.

Hard to say right now, but on Dec 14th we'll have a better idea. To me, it's all about matchups and timing during the regular season.

For example, Shelby caught Crest early in the season when Crest had a key injury to an all-conference OL/DL player, and caught Crest breaking in a new Soph QB....Shelby won 51-21...Shelby later lost 42-17 to Kings Mountain....Crest defeated KM in the final regular season game...so which of those teams is the best?

I think a better question is...when they bring their A+ game, who is the best team? Which team, when all teams are playing at their peak and without injury, is truly the best, regardless of classification?

Would most likely be a large 4A school, but there are several capable teams on any given night.

lol.....don't forget jordan-matthews....seriously hasn't been that many years since Graham, Carver and J-M had pretty strong football programs.....Troubling...............

Honestly, Carver was a 3A power at one time. We went undefeated my senior year in 03' beating Wilson Fike for the Chip. Our football program slowly went down from there. East Forsyth, Mount Tabor, Glenn, and Walkertown has a lot of our athletes these days.

Remember Graham was tough back in the early 2000s and 90s. Many of their athletes moved on to the Alamance county teams. Many of these county schools taking good athletics from traditionally powerhouse city school. It sucks but apparently the new trend.

J-M is usually bad but they built two good teams when we were in 1A. Killed our undefeated season that one year....

I think pound for pound Southwest is one of the best teams they are consistently one of the smallest schools in 2a around 650 kids or so. And almost always make the playoffs and make a run in 44 years we have made the playoffs 35 times and missed out a couple years due to a coin flip

Honestly, Carver was a 3A power at one time. We went undefeated my senior year in 03' beating Wilson Fike for the Chip. Our football program slowly went down from there. East Forsyth, Mount Tabor, Glenn, and Walkertown has a lot of our athletes these days.

Remember Graham was tough back in the early 2000s and 90s. Many of their athletes moved on to the Alamance county teams. Many of these county schools taking good athletics from traditionally powerhouse city school. It sucks but apparently the new trend.

J-M is usually bad but they built two good teams when we were in 1A. Killed our undefeated season that one year....
Kind of like Cummings. They use to be a top 2A I think. They were top dawg for a while in whichever A they were in

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Kind of like Cummings. They use to be a top 2A I think. They were top dawg for a while in whichever A they were in

Yep, Cummings was a another strong team for many years. Guessing their players are at Burlington Williams now. Starmount fell off for a while too but making some strides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT