ADVERTISEMENT

where is cleveland county

It's that little county that borders the butt of Burke County - home of the Freedom Patriots!

What is the nature of this post ? In my 5 years of being on preps this has got to be the most idiotic and stupid thread I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:
What is the nature of this post ? In my 5 years of being on preps this has got to be the most idiotic and stupid thread I have ever seen.
We've been on the 4A board clowning those boring dolts for months on end. This was supposed to be his attempt to bring it to us, but as you can see, he failed miserably.

They're the most boring bunch of turd burglars on planet Earth. "Big Boy Football"
roll.r191677.gif

Makes no sense but a lot of famous people have come out of Cleveland County.

Patty Loveless, Country star
David Thompson, NBA and my all time favorite college player
Earl Scruggs, blue grass great
Floyd Patterson, Hall of Fame boxer
Bobby Bell, NFL great
Tim Wilkinson, aka Dr. Dirt, one of the scrappiest tennis players to play the game
Kay Hagan, liberal US Senator, glad she belongs to Cleveland County fame
And last but not least 98Champion, poster boy for birth control

This post was edited on 3/13 1:17 AM by Godevilsgo

NO NO NO on the Kay Hagan thing......We have had some Good and Bad Politicians from Cleveland County but Kay Hagan is not one of them........that might be the biggest insult yet....Please take that back!

Charlie "Choo Choo" Justice was born and played at Asheville. He died in Cherryville. I don't consider that "coming out of Cleveland Co." unless you're St. Peter..

Probably right about Justice in Cherryville. I thought he passed away in Cleveland County and Wiki has him listed as being from there.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Makes no sense but a lot of famous people have come out of Cleveland County.

Patty Loveless, Country star
David Thompson, NBA and my all time favorite college player
Earl Scruggs, blue grass great
Floyd Patterson, Hall of Fame boxer
Bobby Bell, NFL great
Tim Wilkinson, aka Dr. Dirt, one of the scrappiest tennis players to play the game
Kay Hagan, liberal US Senator, glad she belongs to Cleveland County fame
And last but not least 98Champion, poster boy for birth control

This post was edited on 3/13 1:17 AM by Godevilsgo
When I was around 9-10 a friend of mines Dad played in the George Hatcher Band (Anyone remember them?) Patty (Lovelace back then) and her then husband Terry used to come to their house all the time... Man she was beautiful to a 9-10 year old... Sweet lady... Used to love to listen to all of them sing or practice at his house...

George Hatcher- Coming Home

Think the closest connection Cleveland County has to Choo Choo is some of the Shelby coaches being up at UNC around the same time as him.

GDG, you forgot about Earl Owensby, famous movie producer. If you have not seen, "Rutherford County Line", then you just aint lived. Earl claims to have once ridden in a car with none other than Elvis!

Where is Cleveland County? Somewhere between Hooterville and Woodstock.

It's actually closer to Hooterville and it's a great place to live, just think about it I'm sure you'll agree.

You left out some good ones: O.Max Gardner and Clyde Hoey were both Governors of North Carolina. O.Max Gardner was captain of both the NC State and UNC football teams. He was also an orphan. Both were from Shelby.

You'd mentioned Floyd Patterson. He was from Waco and was trained by famous boxing trainer Cus D'Amato, who originally trained Mike Tyson. Patterson was heavyweight champion of the world.

Also, E. Yates Webb. He was a federal judge and an in-law of the Gardner family. He presided at the trial of members of a special family from here in Lincolnton. For a small town, there have been some interesting people from here (in Lincolnton). I heard these guys were involved in the beverage industry that had connections from Canada to Cuba, and were also involved in gaming, lending and other diverse activity, particularly during prohibition era and into the 1940's. I also heard they were skilled in helping someone solve difficult problems with adversaries. Some referred to them as gangsters but my Mother called them "business men". They're all dead, now, but I knew them, well. When I was a kid I worked (legitimately) for one of them who was crippled. He would tell stories about Judge Webb. That's where I heard of him.

There are many notable people from Cleveland County.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Alicia Bridges. I heard, once, that she was from somewhere in upper Cleveland County but I don't know where.

link

Originally posted by LION OF SHELBY:
It's actually closer to Hooterville and it's a great place to live, just think about it I'm sure you'll agree.
That's sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT