ADVERTISEMENT

Wheatmore

Steelers71

Aug 27, 2007
Wheatmore is open. Saw the job posted today. I know it is a relatively newer school and they were good back in 2017-'18? How is the school now and the community?

Wheatmore is open. Saw the job posted today. I know it is a relatively newer school and they were good back in 2017-'18? How is the school now and the community?
I know I’m old and originally thought the same about Wheat being relatively “new” but…
Doors opened in 2008, same year as Providence Grove I think.
That’s 16 years ago now…
Wow time does fly…

Eat more Wheatmore . Could be a decnet job as far as Randolph county goes. Close to Greensboro so you could get some quality transfers. Also the venue for the football field is pretty nice as it looks down into the valley. Good job for someone who is either near the end of their career or just starting out. The problem would be if Uwharrie Charter started football that could hurt you. I know the AD there says that they are looking to do that in the future

Reactions: thekidd12
When Wheatemore had that run in 2017-2018 it was mainly because a transfer running back from Central Davidson came....again not hating on them for getting him I just dont know why he picked to go there?? lol he was good

I know I’m old and originally thought the same about Wheat being relatively “new” but…
Doors opened in 2008, same year as Providence Grove I think.
That’s 16 years ago now…
Wow time does fly…
Yea, me too. 2008 doesn't seem like so long ago, then it does. Thanks for the info. everyone. What I'm hearing is they don't have a ton of athletes, but I wonder how the work ethic is of those kids. Used to be a really good county of tough hard nosed football when I was coming along coaching. But I started in '98. Kids are much different now to say the least.

Reactions: thekidd12
When Wheatemore had that run in 2017-2018 it was mainly because a transfer running back from Central Davidson came....again not hating on them for getting him I just dont know why he picked to go there?? lol he was good
18 was baby boy’s senior year at ER. Wheat had RB true but had a very large line as well. AD’s son played QB and was not bad at all. Young man also played SS and pitched for baseball team.

Must have been when Baxter was there??
No Baxter left the year before. Arrington was HC for that one year.
Seth’s last year ER beat Wheat 40-14 last game of regular season then West Wilkes 49-40 in first round before losing to Lincolnton in second round badly. Lincolnton kept throwing jump balls to Surrat and he kept catching them. Coldest football game ever attended..
And that dang train noise!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
No Baxter left the year before. Arrington was HC for that one year.
Seth’s last year ER beat Wheat 40-14 last game of regular season then West Wilkes 49-40 in first round before losing to Lincolnton in second round badly. Lincolnton kept throwing jump balls to Surrat and he kept catching them. Coldest football game ever attended..
And that dang train noise!!!
I do remeber surrat…..he was a stud. Reidsville had to play them later in playoffs that year. Why did Seth leave? Or did he have a choice?

That must have been Sage Surrats senior year when he transferred to Lincolnton. I had the honor of losing to the Surrat brothers in the first round when they were at East Lincoln winning back to back Championships with Coach Byus. Those two were unstoppable in HS.

They are bad and will continue to be bad. The MS program isnt bringing in much help. Trinity and Wheatmore mirror each other

They have made a hire

www.sportstone.net

Wheatmore High School would like to welcome Jacob Sheffield as the new head football coach. He will replace Coach Philip Yarbrough who has been with us for the last seven seasons.

Sheffield is coming to Wheatmore from Trinity High School where he served as the associate head coach, run game coordinator and special teams coordinator during the 2023 Football season. Prior to that he was the head football coach and assistant athletic director at High Point Central High School for three seasons.

He also served as the head JV football coach, special teams coordinator and head wrestling coach at Page High School from 2017 through 2019. He brings experience, energy and a wealth of knowledge to the table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT