ADVERTISEMENT

2A Wheatmore at Thomasville

Looking at their stats on Maxpreps, I would think that Wheatmore should have a great opportunity to win this game

Yeah it seems that way. I just find it interesting to look at the Different strengthens each team shares. One time seems to by more guard oriented, while the other seems to have more post options. Along with the two different styles of play should be a great game. For men i think the game comes down to who limits the star from each team.

I've seen Wheatmore a bunch and I saw Thomasville this past Thursday. Talk about a contrast of styles......

I think whoever dictates the tempo will win this one. Wheatmore's guards will have to play well as a unit. I think Rains and Biggs will find some success in the paint.

I also think Cameron Whiteside could give the Warriors some problems. He's around 6-4 and is a good three-point shooter. It would be interesting to see if Whiteside and Rains matchup with each other on one or both ends of the floor.

One thing is for certain......Wheatmore must be able to limit T'ville's fast break opportunities. Those Bulldogs can get down the floor in a heartbeat.

I can't call it.

I might end up eating crow....but the CCC has way more depth and talent than the PAC 7......around Christmas time I believe North Davidson and Lexington thumped T W Andrews....and several said both teams called the dogs off before the point margins got out of hand.

I think Thomasville runs away with this one boy Lexington and North Davidson beat Andrew by an average of 30 points. Thomasville is just too deep and the guards are going to be too quick for Wheatmore. Wheatmore has a very good coach but I think Thomasville has too many athletes.

I've seen Wheatmore a bunch and I saw Thomasville this past Thursday. Talk about a contrast of styles......

I think whoever dictates the tempo will win this one. Wheatmore's guards will have to play well as a unit. I think Rains and Biggs will find some success in the paint.

I also think Cameron Whiteside could give the Warriors some problems. He's around 6-4 and is a good three-point shooter. It would be interesting to see if Whiteside and Rains matchup with each other on one or both ends of the floor.

One thing is for certain......Wheatmore must be able to limit T'ville's fast break opportunities. Those Bulldogs can get down the floor in a heartbeat.

I can't call it.
I am having a hard deciding who will win this one. I mean the styles of play are giving me a problem. I just dont see thomasville stopping rains

Congratulations to Wheatmore. Rains is a strong player. Excellent coaching. Thomasville must have missed thirty shots within four feet of the basket. Some of that was Rains, but mostly, the Bulldogs just looked like a team that had a letdown after the conference race.
56-52 Wheatmore.

I can during the summer Wheatmore did beat North davidson pretty bad. Wheatmore is very similar to the trinity of old.

I can during the summer Wheatmore did beat North davidson pretty bad. Wheatmore is very similar to the trinity of old.
I watched a lot of summer jamborees and that was a new coach less than two weeks into being hired and hardly having any of his varsity team participating.

Surprised Salisbury only won by 17, wonder if they are still having discipline issues? Hard some unbelievable things recently.

Lexington had a great chance to win, but the shot did not fall.

On the women's side Ledford proved why they should have had a home game in a dominating win. Now they travel to Smoky Mountain on Thursday.....better be getting a charter bus as that is a haul.

Whiteside battled through high ankle sprain through the last two weeks. It should've been Thomasville against Salisbury in the 4th round. Both are top teams in the west.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT