ADVERTISEMENT

WHC Week 2 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Watauga @ Avery

It could be a long season for Avery. Losing to Cherryville was surprising and this week will be ugly.

Watauga 42
Avery 7

Greenville Hurricanes @ Draughn

Draughn replaced Patton with a homeschool(?)team from SC. They didn't look great last week but Hunter Huss is pretty good.

Draughn 41
Greenville 13

Madison @ East Henderson

Madison couldn't score but hung pretty tough against Polk. It should be a little closer but Madison can't get it done.

East Henderson 21
Madison 13

Mitchell @ McDowell

The Titans couldn't slow down the rushing attack of RS and had trouble up front and on special teams allowing great field position and a long Kickoff return TD. The passing game looked good as they passed for 200 yards but struggled to establish a ground game. Mitchell will be much better on defense than RS and McDowell will likely struggle to score.

Mitchell 34
McDowell 14

Erwin @ Mountain Heritage

This is one of the top games in the state this week. Erwin thrashed Daniel Boone and Heritage ran all over Chase. Can Erwin stop the powerful rushing attack of Mountain Heritage? Can Heritage stop the prolific passing game of Erwin? Should be a terrific game but Heritage is too strong at home and up front.

Mountain Heritage 41
Erwin 28

Owen @ North Buncombe

North was so close to winning week 1 but lost late. Owen was hapless and will struggle to win a game this year.

North Buncombe 41
Owen 7

North Henderson @ Rosman

I'm not sure this game will or should happen after what happened over the weekend with the tragic accident and loss of 2 Rosman players.

Watauga is a really stout team. We might see a running clock. Watauga by 42.

I don’t know anything about Greenville. I’m picking Draughn.

EH and Madison will struggle like most of the recent years. EH by 12.

Mitchell will beat McDowell. I predict by 20.

The Cougs have the talent and experience to go far this year. I’ll take MH by 10.

North Buncombe will struggle this year while Owen seems to not have any depth or much experience. North Buncombe by 20.

I feel so bad for the Rosman community. The football game doesn’t feel important to me.

Watauga pummels Avery 50-6

I’ll go Draughn just because this is a home school team 36-14

I’ll take Madison over East Henderson 22-14

I think this is a tighter game than people think. I’m going to take the titans in an upset. 20-14

I also think this game is tighter than people think 35-28 MH

I don’t think North is very good and I think Owen is worse. North 35-6

My heart breaks for Rosman and those families. If they do choose to play I am sure it’s because that’s what those families and the community needs. Rosman in a powerful meaning tight game 21-14.

Reactions: Purple1995
Must be a lot of guys out if bowhunter is picking McDowell
I only know of one lineman who is out and he was out last week. Just a tough road when you start 3 sophomores on both the Oline and Dline. Mitchell is crazy young right now. Think I heard they played like 12 or 13 sophomores last week. Just feels like this is the year McDowell breaks the streak. I felt Mitchell played better in the second half last week but still have a ways to go.
Will always bleed purple but could be a long yr in Ledger.

Go Mountaineers

Everything looks good except Mitchell I will be surprised if they pull out the win this week I’m thinking titans by a TD

Watauga 49-7
Draughn 44-7
East Hendo 28-20
Mitchell 34-7
Heritage 41-35
North Buncombe 35-16
North Henderson 28-6

Reactions: wncbowhunter
That sucks when politics ruin high school sports.
Yeah it does politics hasn’t ruined Mitchell the mountaineers are young is all the politics brewing in Ledger has nothing to do with sports and everything to do with money mainly ours the taxpayers but elections are coming and hopefully positive change to go with it

Reactions: Mhsneer
McDowell needs a new coach he did the same crap at Avery 1st and goal and don’t run it? Throws 4 times and gives it up McDowell is better than the score shows

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT