ADVERTISEMENT

Western NC devastation

Musk is just pushing the narrative. I don't understand why people attaching themselves to his hip so much. He's a hack.

Folks are being turned away because they are showing up in areas in which is dangerous for them to be. While Billy's heart is in the right place, the Billy's of the world thinking they can show up with their UTV's and help search for people on the side of a mountain isn't going to help anything other than potentially cause more issues. Not to mention the folks showing up because they're buying into the misinformation their consuming.

If people want to help, that's amazing, but there are ways to help and channels to go through as to not be a hindrance.

Musk is just pushing the narrative. I don't understand why people attaching themselves to his hip so much. He's a hack.

Folks are being turned away because they are showing up in areas in which is dangerous for them to be. While Billy's heart is in the right place, the Billy's of the world thinking they can show up with their UTV's and help search for people on the side of a mountain isn't going to help anything other than potentially cause more issues. Not to mention the folks showing up because they're buying into the misinformation their consuming.

If people want to help, that's amazing, but there are ways to help and channels to go through as to not be a hindrance.
Why is he a hack. The man is really smart. The Billy’s you are talking about are getting crap done in Avery Co. Church just sent a big load of stuff from some Billy’s from Cocke Co, TN. to Avery Co.

We got military Billy’s from TN going into NC helping to. You have no clue if it’s misinformation either. Just like I don’t

This crew of Billy’s showed up from Memphis,TN today to drop stuff off

img_6867-jpeg.664012

I have a lady from my church that works for The Billy Graham Evangelist Association and Samaritans Purse had a truck trying to take some stuff into an area in a 18 wheeler and FEMA stopped them and tried to confiscate the load so they called the State Highway Patrol which in turn told FEMA if they stopped goods from entering they would arrest them so if you try to deliver anything and they try to stop you call the State Highway Patrol. FEMA wants to confiscate and give it out like it’s the government is what they suspect

I can also tell you that federal help didn’t get to Swannanoa till Saturday night. That’s pathetic. Day 9. They didn’t start helping till day 10. I know some of you folks are so blinded and stupid you will never believe it but your Democratic governor and president and vice president are horrible!!!!!!!!

I can also tell you that federal help didn’t get to Swannanoa till Saturday night. That’s pathetic. Day 9. They didn’t start helping till day 10. I know some of you folks are so blinded and stupid you will never believe it but your Democratic governor and president and vice president are horrible!!!!!!!!
Now address all the Republicans in Congress that have voted (and continue to vote against) providing agencies such as FEMA the necessary resources to respond in emergencies such as this.

The devastation facing the mountains and communities like Swannanoa is saddening and absolutely heartbreaking. They will need all the help they can get. That said, let's not fall for the red meat thrown by your favorite politicians. I don't participate in politician/celebrity worship that's so popular with our society, but the hatred that Cooper gets sometimes is comical. Also remind me what power the Vice President has in this situation?

Last edited:
Now address all the Republicans in Congress that have voted (and continue to vote against) providing agencies such as FEMA the necessary resources to respond in emergencies such as this.

The devastation facing the mountains and communities like Swannanoa is saddening and absolutely heartbreaking. They will need all the help they can get. That said, let's not fall for the red meat thrown by your favorite politicians. I don't participate in politician/celebrity worship that's so popular with our society, but the hatred that Cooper gets sometimes is comical. Also remind me what power the Vice President has in this situation?

Yeah, I don't get all this politician worship stuff either.

FEMA has been spending millions on illegal migrants. That’s not political spin that is just fact. Easy enough to look up. Greg Biffle has been helping people right after the storm hit. Cletus McFarland also. They deserve all the credit they can get. I’ve been donating to help them. It’s not rumor what fema has been doing to confiscate stuff. It’s fact.

Myself and a group of Billy's are meeting at the Billy Graham Training Center on Thursday morning to help. Everything tends to get political at times but when a member of the media tells me to my face that it's an election year so they don't cover disasters as much in fear of swaying votes it tells me all I need to know. The government failed on this and FEMA did use that money for immigrants. Just the facts. During Katrina you had this on every station but instead they would rather barely cover it for obvious reasons.

FEMA has been spending millions on illegal migrants. That’s not political spin that is just fact. Easy enough to look up. Greg Biffle has been helping people right after the storm hit. Cletus McFarland also. They deserve all the credit they can get. I’ve been donating to help them. It’s not rumor what fema has been doing to confiscate stuff. It’s fact.
I saw. Great by Biffle and McFarland. They and several others certainly deserve credit for going above and beyond to help. Good on them and the many others that are donating, volunteering, etc.

I've also see that about FEMA. FEMA has separate funds for Disaster Relief and other various issues, including the border. They technically operate under the Department of Homeland Security and basically assist in an event that overwhelms local and state authorities. They are far from perfect and have messed up multiple times under different administrations (Katrina, Maria, Harvey, etc.). Perhaps that's a topic for debate as far as how effective they truly are. That said, immigrants are not crossing the border to steal money from hurricane victims. Once again, don't fall for everything Daddy Trump tells you.

Any thoughts on the Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson not planning to bringing reps back from their recess to address additional emergency funding for the hurricane that's about to hit Florida? That's also a fact

Last edited:
The issue is they wouldn't need more if they didn't give it all away already.
Congress appropriates money from 1 October to 30 September. Every agency funds run out at midnight on September 30. There are other categories like R&D funds that last longer than a year, but that can't legally be used for disaster assistance recovery. Helene hit landfall late September. Unfortunately, no agency is going to wait that long to spend their allocated funding for the year. Could FEMA prioritize and spend tax resources better? Absolutely as could every Federal Agency but I get it. Now if the hurricane had been late August and FEMA had no funding then I would really be angry.

I saw. Great by Biffle and McFarland. They and several others certainly deserve credit for going above and beyond to help. Good on them and the many others that are donating, volunteering, etc.

I've also see that about FEMA. FEMA has separate funds for Disaster Relief and other various issues, including the border. They technically operate under the Department of Homeland Security and basically assist in an event that overwhelms local and state authorities. They are far from perfect and have messed up multiple times under different administrations (Katrina, Maria, Harvey, etc.). Perhaps that's a topic for debate as far as how effective they truly are. That said, immigrants are not crossing the border to steal money from hurricane victims. Once again, don't fall for everything Daddy Trump tells you.

Any thoughts on the Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson not planning to bringing reps back from their recess to address additional emergency funding for the hurricane that's about to hit Florida? That's also a fact
I didn’t get into politics and I’m not going to. Talking about FEMA is not getting into politics. As for the immigrants if you think they are not costing us fine. You live in that bubble.

I didn’t get into politics and I’m not going to. Talking about FEMA is not getting into politics. As for the immigrants if you think they are not costing us fine. You live in that bubble.
You complaining about how a government agency's money is being used is "not getting into politics"? Lol alright then.

Take your loss Otis

Reactions: VHSL-helper
IMHO, the GOP lost all credibility on immigration when one of their very own, very conservative Senators helped draft a bi-partisan bill to put many of the controls in place the GOP have been asking for, for years, to only have Johnson stop it after Trump called him on it. Trump did not want it passed so he could run on the issue. He does not want a solution, he want's rhetoric he can use to rile his base.

Sorry... but repeating the misinformation/half-truths that one party had basically patented IS getting into politics.
I didn’t repeat anything anyone said kid. Those are my words taking from video statements the presidents spokesperson gave a couple of years ago. Don’t confuse me with anyone that worships a certain party. I don’t care what their party is. I vote what I consider the lesser of 2 evils. Neither party or candidate is worth bragging on. But I will not vote against my morals or beliefs. It’s gets harder to do every 4 years.

IMHO, the GOP lost all credibility on immigration when one of their very own, very conservative Senators helped draft a bi-partisan bill to put many of the controls in place the GOP have been asking for, for years, to only have Johnson stop it after Trump called him on it. Trump did not want it passed so he could run on the issue. He does not want a solution, he want's rhetoric he can use to rile his base.

This was what the border bill was

Total size: $118.3 billion. That includes:

• About $60 billion in military aid for Ukraine
  • $14.1 billion in aid for Israel
  • $4.83 billion in aid for the Indo-Pacific region
  • $10 billion in humanitarian assistance for Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, among other places
  • $2.3 billion in refugee assistance inside the U.S.
  • $20.2 billion for improvements to U.S. border security
  • $2.72 billion for domestic uranium enrichment

Reactions: owen98 and daagoob
I saw military in Burnsville Asheville and Swannanoa for the first time yesterday. Yesterday!!! Did it take that long to give the order?

The help we have gotten here have been civilians and first responders from all over the state and other states. The government has failed us. If you have irresponsible people spending your money do you give them more? Not hardly. This administration has been extremely irresponsible from day 1

By the way my family have been democrats for decades! With that said that party is not the same party anymore. I personally think both party’s are corrupt but like someone said before you pick the lesser of 2 evils. The Democratic Party is everything anti God so I’m going to vote for a guy who is not a politician who will at least acknowledge my God and not spit in the face of the values I have. I’ve never been to a rally of any candidate. All I do is show up to vote. No worship going on. I only worship almighty God!!!! Now some of you need to stop watching mainstream media get a brain and think for yourself because you all repeat the same talking points that each station says verbatim. It’s called brain washing. You’ve been programmed. Get it together

• Love
Reactions: dogs79
I saw military in Burnsville Asheville and Swannanoa for the first time yesterday. Yesterday!!! Did it take that long to give the order?
Yesterday was the 1st time a saw them in Avery Co in trucks. We had some show at my church in Roan Mtn,TN last week to unload some stuff. They landed helicopters on Cloudland football field with some supplies.

Reactions: owen98
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT