ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes

West - Reidsville game in my eyes probably isn’t the one to look at. Reidsville with Harrison back is levels better than the rest of 2A . Just don’t see this as the game for West. The Walkertown game is gonna be the one for West. I will say there’s gonna be some top teams that don’t want to see West in there parking lot come playoff time. Gonna say the same about East Surry. Gonna be a team that gets very Surprised by what they get in these teams. Very excited for more depth added to the Surry , Stokes county football scene. Hopefully Ma can get West on schedule next year when re - alignment happens and hopefully brings the county back together in conference and frees up the non conference for some better competition

West - Reidsville game in my eyes probably isn’t the one to look at. Reidsville with Harrison back is levels better than the rest of 2A . Just don’t see this as the game for West. The Walkertown game is gonna be the one for West. I will say there’s gonna be some top teams that don’t want to see West in there parking lot come playoff time. Gonna say the same about East Surry. Gonna be a team that gets very Surprised by what they get in these teams. Very excited for more depth added to the Surry , Stokes county football scene. Hopefully Ma can get West on schedule next year when re - alignment happens and hopefully brings the county back together in conference and frees up the non conference for some better competition
West Stokes has definitely had success in football over the years. We sure can't say the same thing about South or North Stokes. Both those programs have been a disaster more often than not.

West Stokes has definitely had success in football over the years. We sure can't say the same thing about South or North Stokes. Both those programs have been a disaster more often than not.
Most of the time if north stokes gets talent they transfer before high school. Look at the starting offensive lineman for Notre Dame Sam Pendleton. He is listed from Lawsonville NC. Played at Reagan high. You can't blame him for doing it. South Stokes usually has athletes but the constant coaching changes hurts them.

West has a coach that has beaten Reidsville and gets a lot out of a little sometime. Walkertown has a smart young coach with some athletes.

Should be a fun few weeks.
That is a plus not many coaches have beaten Reidsville. I was at that game East Surry at Reidsville. One of the best offensive games I've seen from both teams. Don't believe West has that kind of firepower. Benji Gosnell and Stephen Gosnell getting lot of playing time at Virginia tech and Jefferson Boaz at Western Carolina

Last edited:
Most of the time if north stokes gets talent they transfer before high school. Look at the starting offensive lineman for Notre Dame Sam Pendleton. He is listed from Lawsonville NC. Played at Reagan high. You can't blame him for doing it. South Stokes usually has athletes but the constant coaching changes hurts them.
And I hate that. How is North Stokes supposed to improve their program if the talented kids they would get bail out on them and go to another school?

How many of you out there remember like I do when.....South Stokes, Reidsville, Eden Morehead, Greensboro Dudley, Greensboro Grimsley, and SE Guilford were all in the same 4A Conference?? ....it's true.....1985, 1986, 1987, 1988.......very weird and spread out conference...

Reactions: fitguync30
How many of you out there remember like I do when.....South Stokes, Reidsville, Eden Morehead, Greensboro Dudley, Greensboro Grimsley, and SE Guilford were all in the same 4A Conference?? ....it's true.....1985, 1986, 1987, 1988.......very weird and spread out conference...
Yes, I was a student at Mt. Tabor back in the mid-80s and I think South Stokes was in our conference back then and was a 4A school.

That is a plus not many coaches have beaten Reidsville. I was at that game East Surry at Reidsville. One of the best offensive games I've seen from both teams. Don't believe West has that kind of firepower. Benji Gosnell and Stephen Gosnell getting lot of playing time at Virginia tech and Jefferson Boaz at Western Carolina
The Gosnell kids were special athletes, then throw in Landon Stevens at WR and it was almost unfair. I don’t think Boaz has gotten any PT at WCU either. I never thought he could QB at that level, always thought he would have been a great DII QB if that was the position he wanted to play.

The Gosnell kids were special athletes, then throw in Landon Stevens at WR and it was almost unfair. I don’t think Boaz has gotten any PT at WCU either. I never thought he could QB at that level, always thought he would have been a great DII QB if that was the position he wanted to play.
Agree hate he hasn't had opportunity to play

The Reidsville Defense was 100% outplayed and outcoached that night. Those guys overlooked a strong East Surry team and paid for it.

Did not know Boaz had transferred to WCU, I know he’s not the starting QB up there. Is he playing a different position?

No chance West Stokes hangs with Reidsville.

Mount Airy also beats West by as much as they want…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT