ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes vs Reidsville

maybe he will apply for a job as assistant coach..................................
I should have clarified...someone asked if Mack was coming to a Reidsville game....tongue in cheek I said maybe he is going to apply for an assistant coach job (at Reidsville)....somehow explaining this just shows how lame a joke it was to begin with................................

Hadn’t been to road game at West Stokes in years. Brought back memories of a game when Reidsville head coach Erik Teague was quarterback. Torrential rain postponed every game in the area except that one. West had hoped to slow down the Rams on a muddy field. It tore the turf up! A muddy mess and Reidsville won anyway in a low scoring game.

Hadn’t been to road game at West Stokes in years. Brought back memories of a game when Reidsville head coach Erik Teague was quarterback. Torrential rain postponed every game in the area except that one. West had hoped to slow down the Rams on a muddy field. It tore the turf up! A muddy mess and Reidsville won anyway in a low scoring game.
Anyone remember the Miracle in the Mud against Newton Conover in the playoffs? Never leaving a game early paid off that night 🙌 👌

that was 2005....first time the two teams had ever played...West Stokes had only been in existence for a few years (not sure what year)...absolute monsoon....Reidsville won 21-0........................................................................

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
2006 vs. newton-conover....only seconds remain...all n-c had to do was kneel down...they didn't and the video shows what happens....reidsville won 30-29..............................................
Reidsville won in a similar fashion down at Southern Guilford in an earlier year. rambbq and I were in back of the end zone heading out of the stadium when that miracle took place. Maybe rambbq can fill in the details.

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
Reidsville won in a similar fashion down at Southern Guilford in an earlier year. rambbq and I were in back of the end zone heading out of the stadium when that miracle took place. Maybe rambbq can fill in the details.
You are going way back Mule...that was 1983...at s. guilford. They were leading Reidsville 9-7 and all they needed to do was kneel down..They handed off to a senior back and he was stripped of the ball by David Graves who ran the ball back for the winning TD... Reidsville won 14-9..Daryl Barnes was head coach of SG at that time and his brother Mark Barnes was an asst. coach..Ironically Mark was head coach of Reidsville 1989-1992...when he left and was replaced by Jimmy Teague...............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT