ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly at Albemarle

I can't believe Albemarle gave up a touchdown with 1 minute left on the 9yd line....TF....

Reactions: atucker2
Usually it takes Us Albemarle Fans more than One win to get excited. Being it was Thomasville last week,, that was easy. Anyway there are lots of High School Football Fans in Texas. Keep those People that are dealing with Hurricane Harvey during Prayer time

Lots of simple mental mistakes. Good job to west they had a good game plan. Our boys need to get that energy back on the sideline and settle down. Get back in get this one behind us and get ready for next week. Definite difference in energy from last week to this week.

Usually it takes Us Albemarle Fans more than One win to get excited. Being it was Thomasville last week,, that was easy. Anyway there are lots of High School Football Fans in Texas. Keep those People that are dealing with Hurricane Harvey during Prayer time
Thomasville down to West Montgomery 48-21 in fourth. Easily Thomasville's worst team since 1962. We may match that one win from that year if we can beat West Davidson.

Thomasville down to West Montgomery 48-21 in fourth. Easily Thomasville's worst team since 1962. We may match that one win from that year if we can beat West Davidson.

That doesn't surprise me I figured that would be 3td. Surprised they got 21 pts

Albemarle stunk up the place tonight..Ws was very beatable and we didn't show up..Very disappointed.....

With those lineman pushing Albemarle around all night, looks like former Albemarle assistant coach Wes Herlocker has really helped WS in the weight room. .

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Albemarle just didn't adjust well...I think we had 1 interception when it should've been at least 2. Good game plan from WS to keep Albemarle off balance. And @atucker2 hell, they didn't push us around until the 4th...fatigue set in foh...Albemarle did some pushing too...

Albemarle just didn't adjust well...I think we had 1 interception when it should've been at least 2. Good game plan from WS to keep Albemarle off balance. And @atucker2 hell, they didn't push us around until the 4th...fatigue set in foh...Albemarle did some pushing too...

Where was that defense you were bragging on? West could have scored again but showed class by letting to clock run out.

Where was that defense you were bragging on? West could have scored again but showed class by letting to clock run out.

Question is with 4 turnovers and 100yds in penalties and a give me by the ref on a TD when the QB went passed the line of scrimmage and threw the TD pass how did you all only score 25 to a group of sophomores? Lmao wests beating are coming and everybody sees that.

Reactions: sway1532
We where tied at 7 in the Second Quarter. West made a few big plays and had better Field position. I was proud of the One long drive for the Dogs. Both Schools are growing Their Football programs at the same time.

Nation West is no older! And yes the Rocky River Conf. is not going to be kind to West. When you beat your chest all week about one game the week before and then show up like that it sets you up for post back at you. Both of their #'s are weak and thats killing them equally.

Nation West is no older! And yes the Rocky River Conf. is not going to be kind to West. When you beat your chest all week about one game the week before and then show up like that it sets you up for post back at you. Both of their #'s are weak and thats killing them equally.
Actually west is about a year older. The majority of our kids are sophomores the majority (+16) of their kids are juniors. Additionally I'm not worried as bad as we played minus the terrible TD call we were right there. Love where our program is going. Last year I said we were a year or two out. When this sophomore class gets to be juniors and seniors they will be smacking people. Love the work they have put in and love the coaching staff.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Once again hats off to west the uptempo was a great learning experience for these boys and they executed very well.

For all the folks claiming AHS will blow out WS...I offer this "learned lesson". Regardless of how a team does in their last game, they remember how they did against you LAST YEAR. I won't give you a score, but I would not be surprised if West won by 20. With that said...IF Albemarle's young squad gets up early, I would not be surprised to see them sneak out a win. If I were a betting man, I would have to lean toward West in this one...only because it is early in the season and we just don't know how strong Thomasville will be or NW Cabarrus. Anyway... I am hoping it is a close one. That would help both programs. Neither one needs a lopsided loss in week two with the schedules they have to face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT