ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly at Albemarle

Albemarle by at least 3TDs West Stanly will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games this year.
I think defensively this team is really good. Offensively they still need some work but are really close to being able to put up some really high points you can see all the tools there they, which I am sure Coach Davis will, need to work on the execution part. The plays were there for us to put more points up than we did and we missed some good opportunities. The win was key last night now you have a team already bought in but 100% believing they can compete. I am really interested to see this team play 4 quarters with confidence. I imagine they will have a great week of practice.

It looks as if Albe has improved. That is great for county football. It's still hard to tell how good Albe can be because Thomasville is down so much. West has some good athletes on that team. It will go down to the end. 14-6 West

If NW Cabarrus can put 61 on West I think the Bulldogs will win this game going away. Being a county rival it might be close for a half but the Bulldogs put it out of reach in the third quarter.

Believe me Albemarle will win this game easily. Even though Albemarle is young they have more returning starters than West.

It looks as if Albe has improved. That is great for county football. It's still hard to tell how good Albe can be because Thomasville is down so much. West has some good athletes on that team. It will go down to the end. 14-6 West

Thomasville has some speed and great athletes on that team as well as some size. Additionally I was impressed with their qb's ability to throw the ball. Don't be mistaken Thomasville is not much different than they were last year. This coach has this team playing some football.

It's still hard to tell how good Albe can be because Thomasville is down so much.

Have you seen Albemarle this year?

Our defense will continue to play well, they gotta capitalize on opportunity like the ones missed during the T-Ville game. Our offense is still young, but they'll get better as time goes on.

Albemarle 21 West Stanly 0

It's only been one game but they are lightyears ahead of where they were a year ago. They are still very young but I think they will improve over the course of the season and surprise some teams.

It's only been one game but they are lightyears ahead of where they were a year ago. They are still very young but I think they will improve over the course of the season and surprise some teams.

What do you think for overall and conference record?

This is an interesting matchup. If Albemarle holds on to the rock. They win I'm. @ BuddyRich. How is js2000??? Haven't heard from him in a while. Tell him I said hello.....

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Eastern Randolph lost big to SW Randolph. Potentially a third non conference victory.

I know this wasn't your normal Thomasville team from years past but Albemarle isn't the same Albemarle they used to be either but they are much improved over last year and it was a big win for a young team. I think they can finish as high as third on the conference with a little luck and avoid the injury bug.What has happened to E.Randolph?

Reactions: sway1532
Albemarle will only get better...they are young and most importantly "Coachable". They have a good coach with good assistants. Personally I've seen enough based of the first game, Albemarle's defense is the real deal baby....T-Ville was getting hit the mouth...no lie...

I know this wasn't your normal Thomasville team from years past but Albemarle isn't the same Albemarle they used to be either but they are much improved over last year and it was a big win for a young team. I think they can finish as high as third on the conference with a little luck and avoid the injury bug.What has happened to E.Randolph?
New coach, new system. Growing pains and facing old coach in 1st game. Several things contributed. Not excuses just facts.

You could realistically see Albemarle with 6-7 wins this year. And I hate to say that as a couple improvements here and there and they could really surprise some teams. Focus needs to stay on this week we got 1 in the win column and all eyes need to be on WS.

Even though T'ville is down, that was a huge statement win for AHS. Big deal to come out and get the victory over a rival in the first game of the season. By all appearances the program has taken a major step forward under Davis.

With that said, waaaay too early to tell where AHS will finish in the standings, and there are still some very good teams left to play. Hoping the kids keep it real and do not get discouraged if they lose to West or ER or whoever. Practice hard, stay focused, and the wins will come.

By the way, shocked by the SWR upset of ER, although SWR was due for a win in that series. ER had beaten SWR 20 straight dating back to 1997. If SWR goes on to have a good year, speaks very well of the work Danny Akins did there.

Gotta go with those Bluedogs after NW Cabarrus pasted W. Stanly. But, when the Bluedogs come to Union Pines on 9/15, it'll be a whole different story!!!

We're still very young RD and we will take our lumps, but this team has great potential...were probably a year away from playing with the big boys....

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
We're still very young RD and we will take our lumps, but this team has great potential...were probably a year away from playing with the big boys....
I agree Buddy. After the last two years it's great to see these boys having pride and that fight again. They are battling hard and I for one appreciate the hard work they have put in. Like you I think we are a year away but it wouldn't surprise me for the dogs to pull a upset or two this season.

I love how many home games we got starting off, HFA is a big deal.

Like I said, this team is still young, but the talent and potential is there. I can tell they worked hard this offseason and got in the weight room. They have varsity experience now, all they gotta do is keep pushing and believing.

I can't be petty just yet...lol. I'm just gon sit back and enjoy the show @RD28327

You I think we are a year away but it wouldn't surprise me for the dogs to pull a upset or two this season.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen the true #OakTreeD...but your about to witness something epic! That Defense is the real deal. They aren't on the 2003-2004 level by far, but they are going to hit a couple teams like North Moore and CC directly in the mouth...watch what I tell you lol.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen the true #OakTreeD...but your about to witness something epic! That Defense is the real deal. They aren't on the 2003-2004 level by far, but they are going to hit a couple teams like North Moore and CC directly in the mouth...watch what I tell you lol.

I have them at 6 wins I think that is attainable and one big upset giving them a potential 7. But like you all have said they are young. I'm really interested how practice has been this week to see how they perform with a good win under their belt.

For all the folks claiming AHS will blow out WS...I offer this "learned lesson". Regardless of how a team does in their last game, they remember how they did against you LAST YEAR. I won't give you a score, but I would not be surprised if West won by 20. With that said...IF Albemarle's young squad gets up early, I would not be surprised to see them sneak out a win. If I were a betting man, I would have to lean toward West in this one...only because it is early in the season and we just don't know how strong Thomasville will be or NW Cabarrus. Anyway... I am hoping it is a close one. That would help both programs. Neither one needs a lopsided loss in week two with the schedules they have to face.

Hope I'm wrong about Albemarle winning easily but this is a totally different West team than last year.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Hope I'm wrong about Albemarle winning easily but this is a totally different West team than last year.

This is a different Albemarle team. West may have lost a lot but let's keep in mind all the chest pounding last year when this team was mostly freshmen. They have a coach now who has done a great job and players who have bought in and worked their tales off. Also keep in mind this team is still heavily sophomores now.

Back to Thomasville let's keep in mind Thomasville handled us last year and that team is not far off from what they were last year. Their QB is legit and a huge fullback. They are not a bad football team. I'm looking forward to see how they do against west mont tonight.

This is a rivalry game so I don't expect a blowout but from watching that game last week if we execute better it could be. I would be completely shocked at a west blowout. This defense is legit and Thomasville only got 54 yds with some pretty good athletes.

I will say this if you want to see the difference a good coach can make come out and watch Albemarle play tonight. The game will be played on the field tonight. I think our defense holds strong and our offense is better. Final 18-6. Albemarle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT