ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan 2-0 at Mooresville 1-1

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
West Rowan makes the trip to Coach Joe Popp Stadium in another edition of this long standing series.

Mooresville comes in 1-1 after a 34-6 road loss at Hough. Didn’t think we were over matched, we struggled to throw, especially in the first half. Actually ran the ball pretty well. Defensively, absolutely stuffed the Hough run game… but for as good as the defense was against the run, we were equally as bad vs the pass. Especially the first 18 mins or so. All night we would get them into 3rd and medium and longs, and they’d convert. We played a much better second half, but too big of a hole was dug (down 14-0 in 90 seconds) and we ran out of gas.

West Rowan comes in at 2-0, with a 35-34 win vs Davie County. Don’t know a lot about west… but know they put up a TON of offense vs Davie and blew out a good Salisbury team week 1.

Common opponent here is Davie… Mooresville beat Davie 44-28 in week 1, in a game that really wasn’t as close as the score would show. We had a ton of success on the ground in that 1 (300+ yards rushing). I suspect we will try to really establish the ground game and go from there. West could have some success through the air, gonna be up to the secondary to play a much better game this week.

Early thoughts are that I think this game is a bit of a shoot out and stays close. I feel like we should probably win? Especially being at home. But I don’t think it’ll be by more than 10 pts. We need our passing game and secondary to have a better night… or things could get more difficult than it needs to be

Mooresville has a good team. I think that loss against Hough will do them some good. Being a home game and I feel like Mooresville will be more ready. I will say Mooresville 42 West Rowan 20.

West can throw the ball given it was very Davie but West threw some nice 40-50 yard shots and They can pass. They had some success as well running

OL/DL is similar to Mooresville give or take.

West passing attack vs Mooresville Secondary will determine this game n what type of score affair it will be

I had it 42-21 but I think upgrade it to 42-28 Mooresville- I think we are slightly better then Davie as a whole n West won’t be able run on us they must have success throwing down the field.

but What do I know?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well we can’t stop the pass to save our lives, so if west can somehow prevent our pass rush from getting him, this is going to be a shootout of epic proportions

It was better. Wasn’t clean. But better. Could have had 8 INTs, ended with 4. Dropped 4.

First thing that stood out, I have never in my life seen a WR team sling it around as much as they do. Lord do they love that air raid now. I was impressed with the WR OL… thought they did a really solid job in pass protection. We stuffed the run all night but we couldn’t get to the QB. That’s a pretty solid football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT