ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth at Oak Grove

I’m fairly confident West should win by 3TD’s … West has a very special defense. If Oak Grove scores more than 14 I’d be shocked.

Reactions: Griddie
I'll be pulling for OG, but I expect WF will push them around.

Any updates on Coach Snow?

And does anybody know why Seth Blair is not playing at Oak Grove this year? He was a talented kid that could turn a game with a big run or kick return. Did he go somewhere else?

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I FaceTime'd with Snow earlier today, he's doing much better and could be coming home in a few days. He's still very engaged with his team, but he's letting Coach Sean Joyce and his veteran staff run the show for now.

Also for those who may not know, they are playing the game on Thursday due to a shortage of officials. The booking agency asked if they would be willing to move and they abliged.

Excellent news about Coach Snow! The sidelines just don't look the same without him.

I never thought you could have a referee shortage but with everything the past 18mths..who knows now days.

Looking forward to seeing Coach Holcomb on the OG sidelines and the CPC really misses him. Maybe he can get back in the league someday.

Reactions: fitguync30
I FaceTime'd with Snow earlier today, he's doing much better and could be coming home in a few days. He's still very engaged with his team, but he's letting Coach Sean Joyce and his veteran staff run the show for now.

Also for those who may not know, they are playing the game on Thursday due to a shortage of officials. The booking agency asked if they would be willing to move and they abliged.
Good news on Coach Snow and thanks for the heads up on the re-schedule.

To add to the official shortage, Mooresville had a soccer game cancelled today because there was an issues finding officials I believe

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Might come to this one. I expect West to be overwhelming for OG size wise, and it could get ugly but I'm hoping OG makes a good game of it.

Big kudos to Coach Holcomb for scheduling quality teams to test the kids. I hope the absolute best for Coach Snow. Good luck to both teams!

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
The OG/WF game back in the spring was actually a very competitive game that only got out of hand towards the end. Also, let us not forget that OG thoroughly defeated West on JV's as well, so there is a lot of strength coming up from the lower classes.

I would not look at this OG program as being small, both in numbers and in size. Coach Holcomb has done a great job in how he's built it.

I'm talking about the lines. West is always huge. Oak Grove probably has good size too, I just remember the majority of the years ND was a 4A school with the Midway kids we were good sized and WF was super sized lmao.

The official shortage has been building for several years. It will get worse before it gets better. It is happening in all sports.
Tbh I’m shocked there a shortage bc last yr even tho we were short due to Covid we still had like 80-90 strong (usually we like 120 in basketball) so I’m bit surprised

The official shortage has been building for several years. It will get worse before it gets better. It is happening in all sports.
Any reason for this? Too much time commitment or dealing with angry parents and coaches too much of a hassle?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT