ADVERTISEMENT

West Craven Vs Eastern Alamance

Don't know much about West Craven but have seen EA a few times this year. The key to stopping EA is pressure on the QB. If you leave him alone, he is good enough to beat you. My impression is he's not physical and doesn't like to be hit. Pound him and you will wear him out. EA defense is fairly stout. You can pound it out on the ground against them. Their secondary is pretty good though

Well if their qb dont like to get hit he better stay in Alamance county. We can pound the ball running and we can throw the ball. Our offense is very potent. Our staff does not try to run the score up. Once we have a 3- 4 td lead our staff will work the clock down. Most of our bigger blowout wins are from the defense putting points on the board. The kid's want to put the points up.

The qb is a tough kid. Leading rusher on the team, not sure where the idea that he doesn't like to get hit comes from. Will he try and run through people like Lamot did last year, no. But he is a talented player who can hurt you with his arms or legs.

I've thought since the beginning of the year this Eastern team is a second round and maybe third round team if the bracket broke favorably. Think this group is a year away from making some noise late in the playoffs again. They can keep it close, but I see WC pulling away late by a couple scores.

The qb is a tough kid. Leading rusher on the team, not sure where the idea that he doesn't like to get hit comes from. Will he try and run through people like Lamot did last year, no. But he is a talented player who can hurt you with his arms or legs.

I've thought since the beginning of the year this Eastern team is a second round and maybe third round team if the bracket broke favorably. Think this group is a year away from making some noise late in the playoffs again. They can keep it close, but I see WC pulling away late by a couple scores.

Just what I saw particularly in the WA game this year. Actually stops and turns his back to contact. I didn't mean it as a slight, just pointed out one negative. He had a great year and is capable no doubt. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. Those were just my observations.

Understand that, he was under duress that night and I think he also suffered a concussion in that game, so might have had something to do with it.

EA really struggled with the aggressiveness of WA defense that, which does not bode well against a very stout WC defense.

Hate to hear he may have had a concussion in October. The Mims brothers will show no pity. These kid's will get after it. I hate that there is no school friday. That worries me. You want to know the kids are focused and controlled somewhat. lol

Well if their qb dont like to get hit he better stay in Alamance county. We can pound the ball running and we can throw the ball. Our offense is very potent. Our staff does not try to run the score up. Once we have a 3- 4 td lead our staff will work the clock down. Most of our bigger blowout wins are from the defense putting points on the board. The kid's want to put the points up.
Definitely playing the wrong team if you don't like to be hit. Those Mims kids would smack their grandma I think.. West Craven front very physical. You had better have allot of fresh let's who can fly if your going to run on them. As far as passing goes your QB will be running for his life allot of pressure. Eagles bring the pain.

These West Craven fans very cocky and confident. I sure hope they can back it up. It won't be easy. If they can keep it physical, I think they will be fine.

These West Craven fans very cocky and confident. I sure hope they can back it up. It won't be easy. If they can keep it physical, I think they will be fine.
I'm the only West Craven "fan" that has posted. The other's consist of a Havelock fan and a Jacksonville fan. They have been where you are fixing to go. This is the best team we have had in years. Solid on both sides of the ball. Hardly ever play a kid both ways. I'm just confident in the kid's. When you beat Havelock at Havelock you know you are on to something. EA is a well coached team 10-2. Nobody is taken them lightly. I'm not a player or a coach. Just a 57 year old former waterboy.

No he's not. #7 for EA is not as big a threat as you think. Hammer EA's qb and rb's and they won't run nearly as hard. Don't mean that as a slight EA fans at all. Just my opinion on what I've seen.

Just what I saw particularly in the WA game this year. Actually stops and turns his back to contact. I didn't mean it as a slight, just pointed out one negative. He had a great year and is capable no doubt. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. Those were just my observations.
We found out later in the Game that he had a concusion plus Eastern was on the one foot line and a turnover on the 13 , I agree this team is young but the line is very fast and physical. so don't sleep on them

No he's not. #7 for EA is not as big a threat as you think. Hammer EA's qb and rb's and they won't run nearly as hard. Don't mean that as a slight EA fans at all. Just my opinion on what I've seen.
That line might have somthing to say about that , From what I see on film Craven plays high and they seem not very disciplined

Reactions: Cookieman50
Well first off I live in Jacksonville so I am a Cardinal fan to the end. I have been in this area for awhile now since my wife is a Colonel in the USMC. I played division one college football and have been fortunate enough to coach in some of the best programs in the country like places like Texas which is where I am from ,California,Florida,Alabama,Louisiana were they don't just play football they live it. So I know the game and know a good team when I see it. When I talk about West Craven that's because from my years of experience and knowledge they are just that good. Now do I realize that in a play or go home situation anything can happen? Yes.. but I will tell you this any team that plays this bunch had better play their best game of the year period. So take it as cocky or whatever you want that's fine. But posters on here who know me over the years know that 98% of the time I usually call it right as painful as it is for sometimes take. Can the Eagles be beat? For sure but it's going to take one hell of a game for any team they play to beat them.

Well first off I live in Jacksonville so I am a Cardinal fan to the end. I have been in this area for awhile now since my wife is a Colonel in the USMC. I played division one college football and have been fortunate enough to coach in some of the best programs in the country like places like Texas which is where I am from ,California,Florida,Alabama,Louisiana were they don't just play football they live it. So I know the game and know a good team when I see it. When I talk about West Craven that's because from my years of experience and knowledge they are just that good. Now do I realize that in a play or go home situation anything can happen? Yes.. but I will tell you this any team that plays this bunch had better play their best game of the year period. So take it as cocky or whatever you want that's fine. But posters on here who know me over the years know that 98% of the time I usually call it right as painful as it is for sometimes take. Can the Eagles be beat? For sure but it's going to take one hell of a game for any team they play to beat them.

How do you tell a colonel in the USMC to bring you a cup of coffee??

I lived in Glen Rose Texas a couple of years doing construction on a Nuclear power plant in the late 70's. I saw a few high school games but looking back I wish I had taken in more. My life was centered around a beer back then and anyone who would fight . lol
Stephenville, Cleburne, and Granbury are the ones I usually went to see Glen Rose play .

At this point in the season their are no bad teams, And as I said Eastern is one year away but they are starting to jell Especially The O- line . It might be different this year but historically the med State and piedmont area usually does well in the playoffs

How do you tell a colonel in the USMC to bring you a cup of coffee??

I lived in Glen Rose Texas a couple of years doing construction on a Nuclear power plant in the late 70's. I saw a few high school games but looking back I wish I had taken in more. My life was centered around a beer back then and anyone who would fight . lol
Stephenville, Cleburne, and Granbury are the ones I usually went to see Glen Rose play .
Lol.. I don't!! See you trying to get me beat up. No my wife is a sweetheart. Now when she in uniform well you know the deal. lol I went to Trinity in DFW. High school football in Texas is a whole different program. I had some fool on here tried telling me that Havelock a couple of years ago would beat some of our state championship teams in Texas..lol. anyways. Some folks get delusional for real like they told me I am. I just tell it how it is.

I mean no disrespect to NC but to get on here and make a claim that your teams can beat Texas State championship caliber team is just crazy. Some of the JV squads would beat some of your better teams. That my friend is fact.

let them play Allen Tex.LOL
Google Carroll Texas. Most people think of Allen because of the recent attention on their stadium. There's a few bigger. One is in Mesquite the Memorial stadium. I've been to it but not for a football game. It's bigger than anything you can imagine for high school football but several schools in the highly populated area use it. I use to go to Mesquite on friday nights with a buddy who was doing the rodeo. When you watch bull riding on tv you see just those that scored in the top 15-20. There's 200 you don't see. Ohio is also like that for high school football but stadiums in Texas may beat Ohio. They have the oil money in Texas.

Don't know much about West Craven but have seen EA a few times this year. The key to stopping EA is pressure on the QB. If you leave him alone, he is good enough to beat you. My impression is he's not physical and doesn't like to be hit. Pound him and you will wear him out. EA defense is fairly stout. You can pound it out on the ground against them. Their secondary is pretty good though

He went to run a keeper up the middle tonight and stopped looking at the rush coming at him and just cowered down. I thought of your comment and turned to a friend that also read this and he said the same thing.

Reactions: schisholm
That line might have somthing to say about that , From what I see on film Craven plays high and they seem not very disciplined
How does that undisciplined line look now? Have you been dominated like that by anyone else this year? I'll give props to EA and John Kirby. They played a clean hard game but did not try to goad us into penalties like a lot of teams have tried to do. Going for it on 4th and 2 from the 42 with 2:10 left in the 2nd qtr was a killer for you. Giving us the ball and a short field with Debo Abrams and 2 minutes to work with?? Turn out the lights. I hope when you read this you are safely home.

How does that undisciplined line look now? Have you been dominated like that by anyone else this year? I'll give props to EA and John Kirby. They played a clean hard game but did not try to goad us into penalties like a lot of teams have tried to do. Going for it on 4th and 2 from the 42 with 2:10 left in the 2nd qtr was a killer for you. Giving us the ball and a short field with Debo Abrams and 2 minutes to work with?? Turn out the lights. I hope when you read this you are safely home.

One last note from last week's game. We have had a lot of people this year question our kid's discipline and our Line going into games. Each week same result - crickets. I don't think anyone else can question that win or lose. Here are John Kirby's comments after the game. I had a chance to talk to him pregame when he was talking with our coaches about the transfer kid that got so much attention. John Kirby is a class act all the way. Here is his post game comments:

“We felt like we had a chance coming into this thing,” Kirby said. “We knew they were good, but we felt like we matched up better than we did. They have athletes in all the right places and their defensive line is as good as we’ve seen.”

He went to run a keeper up the middle tonight and stopped looking at the rush coming at him and just cowered down. I thought of your comment and turned to a friend that also read this and he said the same thing.

Yeah, I have seen that a multitude of times this year. I told you that would happen and seems as though I was right for once lol! He's not a bad qb but for his size he's not very tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT