ADVERTISEMENT

West Columbus @ South Columbus

Y would anyone make a comment on this game.S Columbus is mediocre at best.Basketball season is coming.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Should be a great game, I believe if South can come out with the same intensity as they did against Pender, and ease up on the penalties, they can pull out a win. But West Columbus knows the Stallions have struggled and I’m sure they will have plenty of confidence and intensity themselves, should be a close one. Go Stallions!!

Trump said it best.We hate losers.On to 2021 state champs reidsville rams threads

Wrong, Trump loves the little man. AND, South Columbus is 9th all time in winning percentage in North Carolina. We’re not losers, just having a down year and not whining about it but trying to encourage our kids and coaches. So buzz off, gnat

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
I will admit it is refreshing to see a schools fan base not turn on the coaches during a down year. Others on this board are criticizing everything from offensive philosophies to sideline attire.

SC has a fine program and that area has a winning tradition that I know will come back around. Congrats on the win last week and hang in there.

I saw highlights of West and their line looks much bigger than South’s and they have a very speedy runningback. I think the Stallions got a little mojo back by winning the Pender game but the Vikings are coming in with a lot of confidence as well, should be a good game.

Holy cow batman! I dont think ive seen a finish like that in memory for south columbus. Blackwell with the 30+ yard touchdown pass as time expires to Carter Lee/Carter Ward unsure of the recievers correct last name. Heck of a game stallions! 26-21 South Final.

South wins a nail biter on a desperation Hail Mary that reciever, Carter Lee, simply timed up perfectly. Pass was right on the money and reciever just plays it perfectly by jumping just after other players for both teams jumped and he simply was higher at the right moment. Just a little perspective from my view, either team could have won this game obviously but several factors hurt both teams. I don’t like to whine about officiating but it was pretty bad, how many times was the game stopped and paused for what seemed like an eternity and calls made that just seemed wrong and that was both ways. I know officiating is tough but geez. West had a couple plays go badly that really hurt them, 1) a pick by South that seemed to skip across the grass just before being intercepted, I could be wrong, and 2) they had a fumble around midfield that looked like their player was clearly down. South played with tremendous heart, as did West, but made plays that could have cost them the game. 1) South is inside the West 20 and fumbles on the 15 and a West player returns in for an 85 yard td. I know players don’t want to fumble and the ball is wet, just saying. 2) West punts from about their on 15 and the punt barely goes past the line of scrimmage, hits a Stallion player and West recovers. Players gotta be yelling to get away from the ball, and they may have been but it was too loud to hear it from the bleachers. 3) this is really just a good play by the West Columbus player, South runs the ball and is on the one yard line trying to get into the end zone and the West player strips the ball from the South running back. This play was weird because I heard, not positive, the two officials signaled touchdown. After the play the Stallion runner was injured and for a few minutes we all thought it was a touchdown but after the player gets up the officials move the ball the the 20 and signal First Down West. Very confusing play and you’d think West would have gotten the ball at the one yard line if was a fumble, still not sure exactly what happened. Anyway, it was a very exciting game and I must say the West Columbus is definitely a much improved team over that last couple of years! So proud of the Stallions and the effort they put into winning that game and also proud of the fans that were really cheering on their team!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The running back breaks the plane of the end zone with the ball. Line judge signals TD. Ball is then stripped loose. WC recovers at 1. White hat overruled line judge and called it a fumble in end zone recovered by WC resulting in a touch back. WC ball at 20. Pitiful officiating.

Reactions: dirty stallion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT