ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell HS Boys Basketball Coach job opening?

Well I want take anything away from coach A because he had a good basketball program. but he was also the AD when the football program went in the wrong direction and continued in the wrong direction until he was gone. Then they brought in Chip English who had the football program headed in the right direction. And it looks like in football they only have 10 games on the schedule, sad when you cant schedule 11 games.

The 11th game is an endowment game. The money from that game goes to the state. Gives you the chance to drop one game off your record for playoff seeding, and of course another game to get better. But, it isn't required and they may have had a hard time finding somebody to play. Contracts for games are usually 2 years. Sometimes it's hard to fill that spot because of that. Or, the AD and/or HFC are just lazy. Some places the HFC does the schedule, others the AD does it.

Reactions: icardcav3
Chip was a great hire. If the support would have been there No doubt he would have stayed. While money was probably a factor as well money doesn’t define you in most cases it’s all about being happy. West Caldwell had a good core nucleus of young coaches both football and basketball that came from pretty prestigious programs as assistants. Being a Hibriten grad. Some are saying West May only have enough to field a varsity team. You are in the wrong league for numbers to dwindle like they are look for a long long 0-11 season in gamewell in 2018....

On a good note gamewell middle had a great turnout for the first day of summer workouts. Things at west caldwell will be changing real soon. I cant wait until they announce the basketball coach aome people on this thread will go back in the closet and eat crow.

On a good note gamewell middle had a great turnout for the first day of summer workouts. Things at west caldwell will be changing real soon. I cant wait until they announce the basketball coach aome people on this thread will go back in the closet and eat crow.
That's what you have been saying but nothing has happened and what is going to change at West Caldwell. If you know who they are getting for a basketball coach lets here it but you don't have a clue.

Chip was a great hire. If the support would have been there No doubt he would have stayed. While money was probably a factor as well money doesn’t define you in most cases it’s all about being happy. West Caldwell had a good core nucleus of young coaches both football and basketball that came from pretty prestigious programs as assistants. Being a Hibriten grad. Some are saying West May only have enough to field a varsity team. You are in the wrong league for numbers to dwindle like they are look for a long long 0-11 season in gamewell in 2018....
It want be 0-11 because they are only playing 10 games.

Chip used West as a stepping stone, he was not in it for the long haul when he came there, and I think he got plenty of support. He left for a better opportunity and I guess you can't blame him for that but he was not planning on staying at West.

On another Good note for Former West Caldwell grad and Hibriten coach Chad Keller he had over 85 kids at his annual basketball camp. He is doing a great job at at dominant football school. The basketball talent is definitely shifting to the red and black side and I love it!!! Could be another year where Hibriten wins more football games than west Caldwell does in basketball last season they did.....

LOL how are you fine when you are going into your second off-season with no coach to guide the program? Again it will be October 31st until you find a coach....

It is sad how this bunch out at West has let everything go to the other side of town. They have destroyed athletics at West Caldwell.

The coach will be named soon just have to wait on a couple things to get finalized in the next several days.

I guess you know who it is or you are just as much in the dark as everybody else. I don't look for them to land anything good.

I know exactly who it is but i cant say at this time it is a very good hire warrior basketball will be back to the top in no time.

No disrespect, I don’t think you know who they are hiring. If you weren’t in on the interviews you don’t have a clue. Stop Lying to the masses out here!! For your sake you are wishing they hire somebody worth something to make up for all the excuses you have had the last 3 years.

icardcav3 if you knew who they were hiring you would have said, so stop acting like you know something when you don't.

What I'm saying icardcav3 give me five names with one of them being the one you think will be the next coach. so list your five and include the next West coach in the five names. Then when it is announced we will see if one of your names is there.

What I'm saying icardcav3 give me five names with one of them being the one you think will be the next coach. so list your five and include the next West coach in the five names. Then when it is announced we will see if one of your names is there.
Hank newson, Billy Anderson, Chad Keller, Jesse Bean, Roger Burgess

Brian North WCTI‏@BrianNorth4 3h3 hours ago
Breaking News: East Carteret basketball coach Billy Anderson is leaving the Mariners to go coach his alma mater West Caldwell. He told me a couple years ago it's the only job he would leave EC for. And today is the day. Good luck coach! And thanks for the great memories!

2 replies18 retweets27 likes

Hank newson, Billy Anderson, Chad Keller, Jesse Bean, Roger Burgess
I hope it's not Hank if it is that would be another bad choice so that would not surprise me out of that bunch out there. I don't think Burgess is a good fit at all and we know its not Jesse Bean so Keller could be a maybe because he may want to come home, but my money is on Billy Anderson.

Brian North WCTI‏@BrianNorth4 3h3 hours ago
Breaking News: East Carteret basketball coach Billy Anderson is leaving the Mariners to go coach his alma mater West Caldwell. He told me a couple years ago it's the only job he would leave EC for. And today is the day. Good luck coach! And thanks for the great memories!

2 replies18 retweets27 likes
I hope you are right I heard he was coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT