ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell football position is now open

wolfbanker

Jun 3, 2001
Chip English has accepted a coaching position in the state of Alabama.

He will leave West Caldwell in a much better position than when he came. He earned an opportunity to advance himself and provide for his family - cant blame him for that!

Best of luck to Coach English and here's hoping that the next hire will be another good one!

Happy for him, he deserves good things. Hopefully he's started something that will continue at West Caldwell. Good luck in the search for a new leader.

Is IcardCav going to buy his house so he can cry himself to sleep at night?

I thought Chippy would never leave???

IcardCav didn't just think he wouldn't leave. He KNEW he wouldn't leave. Chip told him personally. A coach wouldn't tell a fib would he? lol

This is pretty normal for coaches.... until they publicly announce, they deny any change at all

Reactions: beamer24
Alabama. Details should be release by Coach English once the school board approves the hire.

English has West going in the right direction. I would go with another young,
energetic coach.... maybe another very good asst coach that is ready to be
a HC.

I would try to get Marc Kirkpatrick from South Caldwell. The guy has college experience and look at what he has done for South on the defensive side of the ball. Minus this year when he wasn't given the players he needed, he always has a very strong defense. And that's normally without the talent and athletes that you would have at West. If he hired the right OC then I feel West would continue on their upward trend. He should have gotten the SC job but that's a different story. That's just my opinion though. Who knows which direction they will go

I would try to get Marc Kirkpatrick from South Caldwell. The guy has college experience and look at what he has done for South on the defensive side of the ball. Minus this year when he wasn't given the players he needed, he always has a very strong defense. And that's normally without the talent and athletes that you would have at West. If he hired the right OC then I feel West would continue on their upward trend. He should have gotten the SC job but that's a different story. That's just my opinion though. Who knows which direction they will go

Dont see that happening.

WC football is in such a better place than it was three years ago and because of this, the hiring of Coach Holman has a completely different feel than the hiring of Coach English. The WC football community was starved for a leader and really embraced Coach English and his family. I know for me personally, it was pretty deflating when Coach English resigned and I am just at a different place right now. Anything that I can do to help our new coach in his pursuit of success, he can count on it.
There is a lot of talent at WC even though they graduated a lot of good football players so there is a good chance for some immediate success. I hope Coach Holman can bring an enthusiasm that unites the community to have some sustainable success. He will desperately need to change the vibe around the GMS football team. The Gamewell youth league teams are doing pretty well and the HS program is doing well but right now there is a hole in between that will eventually drag down both ends. Hopefully he will find some resources to deal with that. I wish him well!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT