ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Picks.. Tropical Madness Edition!

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
West Stokes at Morehead

Last week proved to be a very bi polar outing to what I was expecting from WS and HPA. Andrews did manage to keep it close for a little over a quarter and a half, but West just managed to shut them down at all ends and had a killer 2nd quarter before having fun and doing what they needed to do in the 2nd half to a ball control shutout. Honestly a disappointing outing for HPA, I expected a closer game, but experience and size matters and HPA just doesn’t have it yet.

This week’s not gonna be worth much of a write up, I expect another nice win for the Wildcats here as Morehead hosts them on their land. Morehead plays one of the more courageous non conference schedules out of anyone in our 3 conferences, but they just haven’t done enough to either be respectable or impressive. 2 bad losses to NE Guilford and WIlliams, and they let a winnable game slide vs a not so hot Rockingham County team. Unless Morehead’s a team we aren’t expecting then West should have another solid night here.

McMichael at North Forsyth

North Forsyth's having a decent year despite their offensive woes, they can't get much going on that side of the ball but their defense is very athletic and well coached. They held Reidsville to under 40 last week which was a win for them. This week they have a very rough McMichael team who's struggling to produce points. They had to fight for their one win over South Stokes, and they are struggling to find a working O. I seen film of them vs Forbush with them in a version of the Wisbone.. they are that desperate. Time will tell if they get there, but I just don't see it. NF badly needs a win and I think they will get it tonight.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Had to post these two as they are going tonight, a few games are being played now including Davie and EF. Elkin/N Stokes and E Wilkes/S Stokes were supposed to go but they moved to Monday.

As long as my power's on tomorrow I'll have the rest of the picks.

Well.. the two games tonight proved interesting:

-North Forsyth won HUGE.. 59-0 over McMichael. Looks like either MM is that BAD or they've had a lot of kids quit not many kids for MM, but it was hard to watch. NF's offense looked awesome. It was 12-0 when the live feed started. Coach Williams's biggest win as HC.

-West Stokes won 24-6. Morehead forfeited the final quarter :eek: guess it was the weather since they were near a Tornado warning.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I have often wondered as many times as that field has flooded why they don't build a new football field on higher ground or why the state does as they did in Mount Airy after the 1979 flood, they had the army engineers come in and widen the river banks by about 3 times that caused all the damage. Riverside Park still floods on occasion. They could ask for the turf field money and build a barrier blocking the water away from the field. I hate it for them, this could end their season.

I have often wondered as many times as that field has flooded why they don't build a new football field on higher ground or why the state does as they did in Mount Airy after the 1979 flood, they had the army engineers come in and widen the river banks by about 3 times that caused all the damage. Riverside Park still floods on occasion. They could ask for the turf field money and build a barrier blocking the water away from the field. I hate it for them, this could end their season.
Do you realize what all you are talking about cost? Just build another football field?

Reactions: ocdavis31
Do you realize what all you are talking about cost? Just build another football field?
If you had read my post, It listed several options. Look at all the money the state paid for turf fields across Surry and other Counties. A fraction of all that would build Elkin a new field or build a barrier blocking the river from flooding their field. It was done in Mount Airy and can be done in Elkin. I will take a break now ! !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT