ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3- West Rowan at Mooresville

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Is anyone excited about this game? No. But here we are.

I think west finishes their game vs Davie on Monday, so we get them on a short prep week. We come in off what was honestly a demoralizing loss. The loss itself wasn’t what stunk the most… as much as it was we reverted right back to looking like the same old predictable Mooresville once again. Lots of stuff to clean up from last week, hopefully we can come out and take care of business.

Reactions: furt cowler
I may be wrong but I think Davie n West Rowan game might be respectfully closer than what people thinks with West winning it. With the Mooresville game. I don’t think Mooresville will have any issues.

I may be wrong but I think Davie n West Rowan game might be respectfully closer than what people thinks with West winning it. With the Mooresville game. I don’t think Mooresville will have any issues.
If we play how we did Friday night, we will have plenty of issues lol. On paper we look like the favorite… but these things aren’t played on paper, would not at all be surprised if this game was a 10 point game or less

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville probably wins. But you better not over look WR. They are a solid football team. Give their QB time to throw the ball he will pick you a part. Their wide receivers do not drop the ball. Defensively they are good.

Mooresville probably wins. But you better not over look WR. They are a solid football team. Give their QB time to throw the ball he will pick you a part. Their wide receivers do not drop the ball. Defensively they are good.
Please see other thread for my comment 🤣

Right now West Rowan leading Davie 25-8 in the 4th

Reactions: Deacsfan
Well… couple things…

1) Think we got our answer as to Davie

2) This might be one of the better West Rowan teams they’ve had in the last handful of years?

Could see a world where a confident West Rowan makes this a scrappy game vs a Mooresville team that’s still searching a bit. Do I see that as likely? No Probably not? Would it shock me… also no probably not

I’m going out on a major limb here, and picking West to win this game.

we have more individual talent, but feel like west is playing better as a cohesive unit.

After last game I believe Mooresville will come in and take care of some business. I take Mooresville 35-14

I really like this West team and you'll see why tomorrow... However, I give the edge to Mooresville because of short week of West... West Rowan is legit...

my keys to the game,,

1. Does West have the speed on D to keep up with some of the speed on the Mooresville side
2.Can the West O-line give there QB the time he needs for passing
3.Does Mooresville play the the card of just trying to wear them out over the entire game with depth mindset.

Mooresville by 17

How bad did the QB for West get hurt. Was listening to it on the radio and the guy on the radio said he got hurt in the first quarter..

Final: Mooresville 66 West Rowan 0
66 - 0 shortly after the 4Q started i believe, this game could have been 80 - 0 had they pushed the issue. I though West was a better team after losing last week at the end to Kann on that blocked FG,, but man Mooresville is in a different zip code... Mooresville and Robinson are by far the best teams within this nearby area

Need to put Hough back on and someone like East Forsyth and Charlotte school on their schedule

Nice bounce back, good response off of last week. Time to regroup on the bye week, then off to Cox Mill we go

Was there a backstory to this game? This reminds me of the 97-0 game between ALB and Northwest.

It is amazing how far WR has fallen. I guess Scott Young was everything to that program and when he had to resign it all fell apart.
He made what West Rowan Is and He made what The Standard is for Rowan Co football n idk if any other coach currently or in future can do what he did for West Rowan

West Rowan was a Sub .500 team before Scott young ever step foot in the door n he made West Rowan one of the most successful programs in NC and Rowan Co during his time!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT