ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington 24 Cuthberson 21

Congrats Weddington.

Yes, I'm still pissed about ya'll beating us in our house again, but much respect to your team, coaches and fans. Now go represent the West and bring back a friggin' ring.

Thanks ,this was an awesome game ! We scored the winning td with 24 secs left . Cuthbertson is for real . The QB is deadly when he has time . Next up Northern Guilford again.

This post was edited on 12/5 10:53 PM by onioncfb.1

Congrats to Weddington, sounded like a great game. It seems like whoever beats Asheville ends up going on to win the state championship most of the time. In 2002 Ashbrook wins in OT, wins a state championship, 2003 South Point beats Asheville wins a state championship, Concord in 2004 beats Asheville by 1 then wins a state championship. In 2006 Concord beats Asheville by 9 and then goes on to win a state championship. In 2009 West Rowan beats Asheville and then wins a state championship. In 2007 North Gaston beat Asheville and played in a state championship and in 2011 Crest beat Asheville by 3 and played in a state championship. Maybe Weddington is next? Good luck.

Lol well I don't know about that but it does seen like teams who have beaten us in the past playoffs have gone to or won the state championship,

Well, Knox West just won a 5A Tennessee championship last night. So I guess technically we could say the road to Tennessee championships also goes through Asheville. We are the king makers. haha
laugh.r191677.gif

Can anyone tell me where to find the stats on this game? I'm curious to see how the penalty yardages broke down

Unofficial of course. 1st half
Cuthbertson- 1- def offside ,1 - illegal procedure ,1-facemask, 2-block in the back( actually had 2 in 1 play but only assessed 1). It was very costly . Negated a 95 yd pick 6. They both were obvious and stupid. No bearing on play and not near the ball!?
Weddington- 0

2nd half
Cuthbertson-0 ( I thought they had a hold but couldn't find it)

Weddington- 1-facemask and 1 -personal foul

So looks like Cuthbertson had 5 penalty's and Weddington had 2

The box score in the paper had Cuthbertson 8-60
And Weddington 3-20
This post was edited on 12/7 9:51 AM by onioncfb.1

Also, if it makes you feel any better they out gained us by bout 100yds.
They were 80/20 pass to run were as y'all were prob 80/20 run/pass. We were 50/50

Either a: You guys are playing damn near mistake free, well disciplined football
OR
b: Ya'll have payed off someone really high in the association.

The fact that your last three opponents have out gained you by at least 100 yards and sometimes double, and you still find a way to win is a testament to your coaching staff and the disciplined, fundamental football that they instill.

I remember taking my son to an O-D football camp about 10 years ago and seeing probably 8 or 10 coaches wearing Weddington football shirts and roaming the camp asking questions of the instructors. I actually learned quit a bit by listening to the camps coaching staff answer their questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT