ADVERTISEMENT

Wed. Feb.4 Post Scores Rd. #4 Playoffs Girls & Boys

Teresa Allen (mother of 8th grader Al Lee) was live streaming on Facebook.....I just watched the whole thing...Cops went overboard.....Student waving sign got right up in Reidsville bench during timeout...and got taken down...what did he think was gonna happen...I blame the administration of South Granville...watch it if you can.....I sent a message to her that she should send video to NCHSAA (for all the good it will do).......................South Granville players were not involved as far as I could tell................
Cops didn't go overboard they had to control a situation and keep it from getting out of hand. Also they took down an idiot going into the Reidsville bench, and protected them accordingly which was their No. 1 priority. So good job the cops. Of you act like and idiot you will be treated as one.

Reactions: FHJackets90
true but for years the regionals had semis and finals at neutral location.....hey and I'm so old that I remember when the NCHSAA had the Final 8 at a neutral site......for years 4A was in Greensboro Grimsley, 3A was at Durham high school, 2A was at W-S Reynolds and 1A was at Garner High School.....old timers remember those days?? I liked it when it was like that......very exciting
I remember when there weren’t any home games for basketball playoffs. We played at tuscola for sectionals and hickory for Regionals

That kid should have stopped when he tried to stop him. That should be a technical foul. Not saying we are innocent in the matter.
Who you going to give a technical to? Not condoning the act, just saying there was nothing either team did for a technical unless I missed something and players participated.

Who you going to give a technical to? Not condoning the act, just saying there was nothing either team did for a technical unless I missed something and players participated.

The kid that had the flag going into reidsville bench. Would have been a technical if things got stopped before it escalated.

The kid that had the flag going into reidsville bench. Would have been a technical if things got stopped before it escalated.

I respectfully disagree, I see no way that a technical can be issued for a team bench when there was no misconduct on the bench either by players or coaches. Once again I am not condoning what happened. This is no different than an unruly fan in the stands. This is not a problem of the coaches or players, it is home team management problem.

I respectfully disagree, I see no way that a technical can be issued for a team bench when there was no misconduct on the bench either by players or coaches. Once again I am not condoning what happened. This is no different than an unruly fan in the stands. This is not a problem of the coaches or players, it is home team management problem.

They do it all the time for delay of game type stuff. In this case it would either be a warning or just a straight technical.

Is it a
In football, if a fan/supporter for one team crosses the field disrupting the coaches and players in a timeout hiddle of the opposite team, is that a technical on the team across the field from where he came ? Just curious.

Is it a

In football, if a fan/supporter for one team crosses the field disrupting the coaches and players in a timeout hiddle of the opposite team, is that a technical on the team across the field from where he came ? Just curious.
I respectfully disagree with you also. If a fan comes on the field he is probably going to jail. I promise you I will not be accessing a penalty to either team.

true but for years the regionals had semis and finals at neutral location.....hey and I'm so old that I remember when the NCHSAA had the Final 8 at a neutral site......for years 4A was in Greensboro Grimsley, 3A was at Durham high school, 2A was at W-S Reynolds and 1A was at Garner High School.....old timers remember those days?? I liked it when it was like that......very exciting
Yes i remember. We always called it going to the State. When I was a freshman BBplayer our 1-A team lost one game short of going to State.

Reactions: rambbq
I respectfully disagree with you also. If a fan comes on the field he is probably going to jail. I promise you I will not be accessing a penalty to either team.
I was only asking a question and gave you nothing to disagree with.
I was only asking because I wondered what the difference is, and he doesn't have to get on the field to get to the other said team. As I side because I would like to know what would happen in football if the same happened, what would the call be.

Last edited:
I was only asking because I wondered what the difference is, and he doesn't have to get on the field to get to the other side's team. As I side because I would like to know what would happen in football if the same happened, what would the call be.
No penalty accessed. Home team management problem. As I was saying in the basketball issue, what has either team done by rule to penalize?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
No penalty accessed. Home team management problem. As I was saying in the basketball issue, what has either team done by rule to penalize?

I agree, but haven’t you heard where they will access a technical if it happens twice.

If the NCHSAA would go by their own rule for gym capacity numbers, it wouldn't have happened. Playing an Elite 8 game in a cracker box makes no sense. Could have produced a lot more money by having a game of this magnitude at a gym with at least 2000 capacity.
There were people standing all around the court at South Granville. Not a good situation.

Girls & Boys 1A State Quarter Finals
Games @ MINGES COL | ECU, Greenville

Girls East Saturday 03/7/20 @ 2:00p
#9 Bishop vs #3 Weldon

Boys East Saturday 03/7/20 @ 4:30 pm
#1 North Edgecombe vs # 6 Henderson Collegiate

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
Last few minutes of the 3rd alleghany's best ballplayer was on the bench in foul trouble when Mitchell stretched the lead...then when put her back in to start the 4th...she fouled out quickly. Without her in the game it was hard to get the ball up the court at times. I think Mitchell and alleghany were very evenly matched. Mitchell has a good squad.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT