ADVERTISEMENT

Uwharrie Charter at Trinity

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
I'll be darned. The Eagles went into Trinity and took two. Uwharrie girls won 48-27 while the guys won 61-54. The boys game was absolutely awesome. Might be the best game I've seen thus far.

Not gonna lie........

I was shocked at how close the girls game was for the longest time. Up until about midway through the third, Trinity was holding their own. They looked like a completely different team than the one I witnessed against SW Randolph.

I believe a lot of that had to do with freshman point guard Kennedy Jackson. This girl can ball. I was very impressed with her skill set. She's a college prospect for certain.

Hate to say she didn't get much help though. Uwharrie did a very nice job defending Autumn Gentry. The Eagles full court pressure really got to Trinity that second half.

Uwharrie has a nice one-two punch in Gabi Greene and Ashara Spruill. I really loved watching Greene play. She's strong and can get position in the paint like nobody's business. Trinity had no answer for her down low. The most shocking thing about her game? How quickly she can bring the ball up court. Took me completely by surprise. Greene has the ability to play college ball somewhere.

Spruill's an athletic wing who plays good defense and is a good slasher. Trinity seemed to be a bit scared of her. The Eagles also have another athletic defender in Bre Brooks.

As with SW Randolph, I can't favor Uwharrie against Randleman. However, I do feel like the Eagles will give the Tigers the most matchup problems out of any of the PAC-7 teams.

The guys game was incredible. Going into the last minute, it was virtually even. Then, Uwharrie guard Dawson Dunn calmly went to the line and sunk around 5/6 free throws to seal the deal.

Uwharrie's guards were excellent last night. The Eagles have a trio of quick guards that made their mark on both ends of the floor. Pierce Leonard, in particular, played an outstanding game on defense.

UC also has a 6-7 guy by the name of Ashton Troutman. Troutman dropped off a few two-handed smashes last night (including a huge one in the fourth). He's also has a nice touch from the line as well. He's definitely a college prospect.

I never thought I would ever type what I'm getting ready to type: Trinity had a lot of trouble against Uwharrie's full court pressure. Trinity usually runs a clinic on how to beat the press. T'was very uncharacteristic of them.

The PAC-7 has gotten really, really interesting to me. There's not a team in that conference that I would completely count out. If I had to pick, I would make Uwharrie a slight, slight favorite.

Not gonna lie........

I was shocked at how close the girls game was for the longest time. Up until about midway through the third, Trinity was holding their own. They looked like a completely different team than the one I witnessed against SW Randolph.

I believe a lot of that had to do with freshman point guard Kennedy Jackson. This girl can ball. I was very impressed with her skill set. She's a college prospect for certain.

Hate to say she didn't get much help though. Uwharrie did a very nice job defending Autumn Gentry. The Eagles full court pressure really got to Trinity that second half.

Uwharrie has a nice one-two punch in Gabi Greene and Ashara Spruill. I really loved watching Greene play. She's strong and can get position in the paint like nobody's business. Trinity had no answer for her down low. The most shocking thing about her game? How quickly she can bring the ball up court. Took me completely by surprise. Greene has the ability to play college ball somewhere.

Spruill's an athletic wing who plays good defense and is a good slasher. Trinity seemed to be a bit scared of her. The Eagles also have another athletic defender in Bre Brooks.

As with SW Randolph, I can't favor Uwharrie against Randleman. However, I do feel like the Eagles will give the Tigers the most matchup problems out of any of the PAC-7 teams.

I walked in the gym and the score was 28-20, I was shocked as well. Next thing you know it was over quickly. Trinity will be 0-Fer in the conference again!! They only have 2 players that know how to dribble and shoot and you mentioned them

The guys game was incredible. Going into the last minute, it was virtually even. Then, Uwharrie guard Dawson Dunn calmly went to the line and sunk around 5/6 free throws to seal the deal.

Uwharrie's guards were excellent last night. The Eagles have a trio of quick guards that made their mark on both ends of the floor. Pierce Leonard, in particular, played an outstanding game on defense.

UC also has a 6-7 guy by the name of Ashton Troutman. Troutman dropped off a few two-handed smashes last night (including a huge one in the fourth). He's also has a nice touch from the line as well. He's definitely a college prospect.

I never thought I would ever type what I'm getting ready to type: Trinity had a lot of trouble against Uwharrie's full court pressure. Trinity usually runs a clinic on how to beat the press. T'was very uncharacteristic of them.

The PAC-7 has gotten really, really interesting to me. There's not a team in that conference that I would completely count out. If I had to pick, I would make Uwharrie a slight, slight favorite.
Excellent game it was. Free Throws was the difference down the stretch and Trinity couldnt finish around the rim at the end. As far as the pressure, Trinity is without their PG from last year, in case you havent heard he got removed from the team in practice before the 1st game this season. Big loss on the court

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT