ADVERTISEMENT

Understanding of Concords seeding

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
Concord beat Hickory Ridge and West Rowan(all 8-2) yet both are seeded ahead of Concord?
Would it be this rule that has them seeded after these 2 teams?

(i) All Head-to-Head Competition Note: The non-conference game(s) that are dropped for seeding purposes may still be used in breaking a tie. Note: All teams involved in the tie must have played each other.

Concord dropped the AL Brown loss
West Rowan dropped the Davie County loss
Hickory Ridge dropped the win at either Piedmont or Mt Pleasant

looks like Concord should be at least ahead of West Rowan????

I think I see why now. West Rowan will be 3A and Concord will be 3AA? Crazy seedings after Concord beat Both Teams head to head and they tie with 8-2 reporting records?

I am sure that subdivided in classifications doesn't matter with seeding. I thought that the number 1s in a conference and in a split conference, the two 1s from each classification can only get number 1 seeds. Everyone else is at large from number 2 seed on down in a conference.

Concord beat Hickory Ridge and West Rowan(all 8-2) yet both are seeded ahead of Concord?
Would it be this rule that has them seeded after these 2 teams?

(i) All Head-to-Head Competition Note: The non-conference game(s) that are dropped for seeding purposes may still be used in breaking a tie. Note: All teams involved in the tie must have played each other.

Concord dropped the AL Brown loss
West Rowan dropped the Davie County loss
Hickory Ridge dropped the win at either Piedmont or Mt Pleasant

looks like Concord should be at least ahead of West Rowan????
They would have if they were play in the same subdivision but since WR is a small 3A team it does not come in to play. Who ever won the conference gets a #1 other are at large

Last edited:
Basically head to head means nothing in North Carolina high school football. If they can't find a better way to seed teams maybe they need to cut down on how many teams make the playoffs and how many state champions we have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT