ADVERTISEMENT

UNC & NC State to host football state championships

Since it is clear that Robbinsville and Tarboro will be the 1A teams, a respectfully NCHSAA should at least be mindful of Robbinsville's travel time and locate this game at Moretz Stadium at Lenoir Rhyne University in Hickory.
Or even better yet, play the game at Robbinsville. After all they are the overriding favorite to win it all. Right?

Given the fact that the championship press conferences were held at bank of America stadium last year, the owner of the Carolina Panthers has expressed great interest in hosting championship games. And to top it all of they had a high school football game at bank of America stadium this year, to sum it all up I believe by 2025 bank of America stadium will host the high school state football championships. Reason I say 2025 is because that will be the year we expand classifications.

Given the fact that the championship press conferences were held at bank of America stadium last year, the owner of the Carolina Panthers has expressed great interest in hosting championship games. And to top it all of they had a high school football game at bank of America stadium this year, to sum it all up I believe by 2025 bank of America stadium will host the high school state football championships. Reason I say 2025 is because that will be the year we expand classifications.
that will be a terrible atmosphere for games

Wake Forrest, Lenoir Rhyne, UNC Charlotte, NC A&T, a lot of better places that would make for better atmosphere than UNC, State or Panthers Stadium!!!
One item that people are not usually aware of his the locker room availability. To have back to back games where the ending is within two hours of the second games kickoff is four dressing rooms are needed.

Wake Forest is perfect in all areas except they only have two dressing rooms and it is further to the west than I would like but not that big of an issue.

A&T has very limited parking and has shown concern in the past due to the FCS playoffs possibly be interferred with. I personally do not like a stadium with a track especially a eight lane like they have.

The I-40 / I-85/73 interchange is nearly identical to UNCC and Carter Finley.

LR is too far west but would be the perfect option when the 1A eastern rep is from the middle of the state and the western rep is from the mountains. It is not sensible when the location if farther east than the east champion or farther west than the western champion's location. If Albemarle is playing Tarboro why go two hours west of Albemarle for the title game?

Panthers will not host the games if they are home on Sunday which they are this year on the state title weekend. I think playing in a 72,000 seat stadium is a bad idea just as I do with UNC and NCSU.

To say Lenoir Rhyne is too far is funny for the East to say bc we had to drive over two hours to Raleigh last year. Robbinsville will have to drive 8 this year when they play Tarboro.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
Given all of the above comments, it is obvious to me that we should stop the playoffs at the regional championship and just award the "ship" to Robbinsville. By the majority of comments on NCPREPS it is obvious that they are Number 1. Just ask anyone west of I-77.

Given all of the above comments, it is obvious to me that we should stop the playoffs at the regional championship and just award the "ship" to Robbinsville. By the majority of comments on NCPREPS it is obvious that they are Number 1. Just ask anyone west of I-77.
Get off your soap box already! Id sure like to see a post that says what you are claiming. It appears that we could rename the site Mt AiryPreps from all the threads you guys have started! You sound like some sort of pre-madonna begging for that attention like a couple other posters on here!

From the video I have seen of Robbinsville, they look speedy and good. I hope they meet up with Mount Airy at some point. I think it will be a great game. Time will tell if the high profile teams on here are what they are made out to be. As everyone knows I think, Mount Airy is King until someone takes them off the throne. It appears there will be some really good teams this year to try and do that. Looking forward to that time.:D

If Bank of America is the future site, it is probably already known and the Panthers will probably try and avoid being home that weekend. My guess is they do get somewhat of a say in their scheduling in order to host other special events. Other NFL stadiums host state championships. At days end we can talk about the atmosphere, but it's not about us. I think alot of kids would welcome to chance to play on an NFL stadium. They probably also have the locker rooms to accommodate a quick flip of games.

If there are actually ever 7 championships, all could be played there.

1 Friday
3 or 4 Saturday
1 or 2 Sunday

Last edited:
To say Lenoir Rhyne is too far is funny for the East to say bc we had to drive over two hours to Raleigh last year. Robbinsville will have to drive 8 this year when they play Tarboro.
I think Raleigh is too far east for most matchups.

LR is nearly 100 miles to the I-85 / I-40 interchange which I use as the most central point east to west. If a team from the middle of the state is playing a mountain team then LR works. If the team from the middle of the state is playing a team farther east it does not. Example, Tarboro v Albemarle at LR makes zero geographical sense! Carter Finley, UNC, and Duke are all sensible locations for that matchup but the stadium swallows that crowd up.

Several years ago there was talk about the regional finals for all classes being played at a neutral site. ECU was used in the east while LR was a potential site mentioned for the west which never materialized. It was an absurd proposal for a predetermined site when there were conference rivals five miles apart being expected to drive two hours to play. Basketball has carried that burden the last few seasons.

Since this is a topic on which no one ever seems to agree on, I think the only reasonable thing to do here is to let me decide where the championship games should be played every year.

If Bank of America is the future site, it is probably already known and the Panthers will probably try and avoid being home that weekend. My guess is they do get somewhat of a say in their scheduling in order to host other special events. Other NFL stadiums host state championships. At days end we can talk about the atmosphere, but it's not about us. I think alot of kids would welcome to chance to play on an NFL stadium. They probably also have the locker rooms to accommodate a quick flip of games.

If there are actually ever 7 championships, all could be played there.

1 Friday
3 or 4 Saturday
1 or 2 SUNDAY NCHSAA want play on a Sunday!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT