ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola Will dominate this year

I can assure you this most certainly did go down. I have no doubt your coach is an upstanding guy. He is undoubtedly a tremendous coach. But upstanding people make mistakes in the heat of moments too. He was ejected. He still tried to call plays. I find it wrong. Doesn't mean he should be fired or fined or whatever. We're just discussing the situation as it happened. And it did happen. I know it's hard for you to believe, but you can still respect you coach and be willing to believe he made a mistake. I'm not trying to stir the pot. There's not much controversy. Just a conversation. Relax. I am telling you what we saw. It was quite clear.

Last edited:
Well if you want to talk about cheating, let's talk about a clock operator who failed to stop the clock when the linesman signaled to do so. That is what started all of this, Coach P was trying to get the officials to put time back on the clock after the linesman stopped it. The officials apparently couldn't figure it out so they flagged the coach to fix it.

The same linesman flagged us for an ineligible receiver downfield on a running play in the 1st qtr. I knew we were screwed from then on. Coach P had to take a time out to get THAT fixed. I assume they gave us the TO back but who knows for sure.

Then just before halftime when the clock was stopped at 4.9 seconds after an incomplete pass on 3rd down. We kick a FG on 4th down and there are still 4.9 seconds on the clock. We go to kickoff and there are still 4.9 seconds on the clock. I'm not saying it should have been 0.0 but SOME time elapsed! I guess the assistant coach who just got his sideline promotion didn't want to get tossed out for standing up for his players too.

Maybe Swain's coach ought to get on HIS phone and ask WTH his clock operator is doing? Better yet, dial up a new one 'cause that one had his head up his rear.

Then in the 3rd qtr the play clocks magically go out but nobody bothers to turn them off which is supposed to be done when they are not being used.

Absolutely atrocious work by the SMC. I've heard but now I've seen. I used to chuckle at the Pisgah folks after the Robbinsville debacle a few years back. I owe them an apology.

The boys persevered in spite of it all. Nice try.

Last edited:
They certainly did rally. I am not discrediting them. I was merely remarking upon the circumstances revolving around your coach's ejection. To me, it is cheating but who is to say I would not be tempted to do the same thing if I were a coach. It doesn't excuse it though. Perhaps it isn't even against the rules necessarily but there should be a rule in place to prevent such things. If I were a Swain fan. I'd be livid. If I were a Tuscola fan, I'd be fine but probably a little disappointed that the coach would do that. Doesn't make him evil, just human. It just felt wrong and I thought it set a bad example for players. Doesn't discredit all he's done and shouldn't cost him his job. It was just a peculiar thing that brings up the topics of moral obligations of coaches.

In terms of officiating, I have found that ALL teams accuse the refs/clock operators of cheap calls and home cooking. I for one don't buy into it. If these officials have as many vendettas against every single team as most claim, it should even out anyway!

haha the ole SMC officials never miss those days. good ole boy system if there ever was one. No visiting team ever says that was a well called game lol. But I will say mickey is in a class of his own for our parts. why he is even allowed to officiate I have no idea.

haha the ole SMC officials never miss those days. good ole boy system if there ever was one. No visiting team ever says that was a well called game lol. But I will say mickey is in a class of his own for our parts. why he is even allowed to officiate I have no idea.

Yeah Mickey bad so is Larry.Now they are both together.

I'm not accusing them of a vendetta, Vermin,. I'm accusing them of incompetence or inattentiveness.

Oh man, we got Deflate gate in the NFL, now in highschool whats this ejectgate? I think people are beating a dead horse, wasn't this already brought up on the tommy pursley show? After he was ejected didn't he say he called the press box to let them know they had ejected him and that was it. Even one persons post said they saw him hang the phone up and saw the other guy hang the phone up. Im going to the game tonight, hoping it will be good. Nothing like football in the rain.

Reactions: esah2212
They each hung up the phone well into the 3rd quarter, shortly before he was made to leave the stadium. Why did it take so long?

I only stated what I saw and believed to happen. If you want to believe your coach is perfect, fine. I'm sure he's a fine person and obviously a good coach. But he made a mistake. He did something I find unfair and poor in sportsmanship. Doesn't mean I think he should be fired or fined or anything. But rules should be in place to prevent this. Best of luck to Tuscola and their coaches going forward.

Verum.......You go alot on assumption! How do you know he was calling plays on the phone? Were you standing right beside him when he was making the call? From what I understand, he was telling other coaches that he was DQ and he could not come back to the sideline. Now another thing the coach, Pursely is upstanding coach from Triad area in NC and moved to Waynesville. If I remember correctly, he only been ejected from the game once before last Friday Fiasco. The way you have been posting... I know that Tommy Pursley is a better man than you are. You DON'T KNOW all the facts between the phone calls and what he was saying on the phones.

I have seen referees in WNC that is plain awful and have been making calls against teams that is not from the MOUNTAINS. I know since I saw it happened right before my eyes.

They just said on the radio that the state messed up on booking refs for the pisgah/east game tonite and that we will have the SAME SMC refs that did the tuscola/swain game last week Hold on folks It might get NASTY

My question to you is why did it take so long into the 3rd to hang up? Why did he wait until the 3rd quarter started to call.

Once again, for the 4th time, I'm sure he is an upstanding guy. Or, I guess he is. I don't know him. But to me, he made a poor choice. How did his coaches not know he had been ejected and was not allowed back in? And if they didn't know by some chance, why did it take so long for him to say that? I watched him and the press box phone each other for at least 10 minutes (of real time, not game time. AFTER kickoff of the 3rd quarter.) And again, not trying to stir it up. Saying what I saw because it was being discussed.

Reactions: Proudbeardad
They just said on the radio that the state messed up on booking refs for the pisgah/east game tonite and that we will have the SAME SMC refs that did the tuscola/swain game last week Hold on folks It might get NASTY

I forsee some angry folks here in Canton lol

Well speculation is assumption and we know the old adage regarding assumption. You don't truly know who he called and why. All you can do is speculate upon what could have been a strange coincidence. I've seen coach fight for the right call and back down if its explained well. But circumvent rules... Never. Sorry I don't buy what y'all are selling.

Reactions: 91ths
Well speculation is assumption and we know the old adage regarding assumption. You don't truly know who he called and why. All you can do is speculate upon what could have been a strange coincidence. I've seen coach fight for the right call and back down if its explained well. But circumvent rules... Never. Sorry I don't buy what y'all are selling.

Oh, pretty sure we all know EXACTLY what verum is selling.

Reactions: bamatide13
And what exactly would that be? I have said upteen times that you have a wonderful coach. I said that I have no doubt he is a good person. I just felt he let the heat of the moment get to him. We are all human. It happens. I was glad to see Tuscola won last night. I harbor no ill will. The fact that you all are so uptight is comical to me.

2 things no one ever answered for me. One is, why did he stay on the phone so long? Two is, if this were your other coach that left recently, would you be crucifying him and believe me even more?

This topic was being discussed. I came on to tell what I saw. You all get offended too easily. Hell, I didn't even say anything ahould happen. Just thought it was very suspicious and set a poor example. If I wanted to stir the pot, I'd have called for an investigation and for him to be fired and for them to forfeit.

Last edited:
And what exactly would that be? I have said upteen times that you have a wonderful coach. I said that I have no doubt he is a good person. I just felt he let the heat of the moment get to him. We are all human. It happens. I was glad to see Tuscola won last night. I harbor ill will. The fact that you all are so uptight is comical to me.

2 things no one ever answered for me. One is, why did he stay on the phone so long? Two is, if this were your other coach that left recently, would you be crucifying him and believe me even more?

This topic was being discussed. I came on to tell what I saw. You all get offended too easily. Hell, I didn't even say anything ahould happen. Just thought it was very suspicious and set a poor example. If I wanted to stir the pot, I'd have called for an investigation and for him to be fired and for them to forfeit.

Talk about inadvertently admitting the truth.

Had this been our old coach, we would have believed it without even blinking. That speaks to the difference between the two.

Oh lord, I've gone and messed up now. You know what I meant. :p (fixed now)

I don't harbor any ill will. I've heard your coach is a great person. That's not the argument or even the topic that was being discussed. It was whether he made a mistake by choosing to call in plays with his phone. Heck, I probably would have done the same in the heat of the moment. But it would have been wrong.

It's good that Tuscola is back to where they should be. There are certain teams that it just feels right when they are good. I see AC is good. Pisgah, Asheville are 2 others.

I forsee some angry folks here in Canton lol

They called a good game because it wasn't involving the SMC lol, naa some people have off nights, and that's all it may have been last Friday night in Bryson City.

They called a good game because it wasn't involving the SMC lol, naa some people have off nights, and that's all it may have been last Friday night in Bryson City.

When you win by 54 points the ref don't matter.The Bears go to the pit next Friday and I am sure the refs will get involved and will matter.

Unfortunately, if you are from East of Franklin and you go to The Pit, you are down 14-0 before the game starts. Just a fact.

Unfortunately, if you are from East of Franklin and you go to The Pit, you are down 14-0 before the game starts. Just a fact.
That's true. I think Franklin has a good football team. They usually have a good football team and I think they will beat Pisgah this week, but what people say about playing in the Pit is true. It's not just a coincidence that all these fans from all over WNC say that horse s*it calls happen there all the time. If it was just one team that was always complaining that would be one thing, but its not. My biggest memory there was 2007. Asheville eventually was a few inches away from playing in the state championship that year and we lost in the Pit against Franklin 21-20. It was literally blatant, obvious BS calls one after the other. I remember we had 4-5 personal foul "helmet to helmet" penalties. We never got called for that before that game that year and we never got called for that again in the 6-7 games after it...its just what happens at THE PIT.

So Tuscola Travels to Brevard this weekend. I get why Brevard picked Tuscola for the Home coming game, they almost beat Tuscola last year, but Brevard played there best game that night and Tuscola played horrible. This year I am feeling bad for Brevard because Im seeing a Blow out. Tuscola has been playing good, way better than last year.
Not saying Brevard doesn't have a chance, but I think this week will be bad for them.

So Tuscola Travels to Brevard this weekend. I get why Brevard picked Tuscola for the Home coming game, they almost beat Tuscola last year, but Brevard played there best game that night and Tuscola played horrible. This year I am feeling bad for Brevard because Im seeing a Blow out. Tuscola has been playing good, way better than last year.
Not saying Brevard doesn't have a chance, but I think this week will be bad for them.

So since your predictions are always wrong .This may be a really close game.

LOL Mcdowell was a bad prediction, but hey 4-1 is pretty good so far. Hoping we will be 5-1 after Brevard. If Tuscola Can cover the pass against Brevard I think we got it.
If we Cant, then its gonna be a long night. Pisgah is gonna have its hands full, You guys are playing Franklin right?

Reactions: L Boog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT