ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola Will dominate this year

Sep 4, 2015
Im going ahead and calling it. Tuscola will dominate this year, and in the future as long as the Head Coach stays with the program.
All the Haters who keep harping on Tuscola going 5-7 last year with this new coach keep forgetting,
He took the Head coaching Job 2 weeks before the season started, he lost some assistant coaches, and then he changed the type of offense they run.

For people who don't know, he is running the triple option now.
For a new head coach to come in 2 weeks before the season starts and change the offense and still win 5 games, that's good in my book.

once Tuscola puts the stamp on Pisgah this year, all will be normal in the world again.
:)

Im going ahead and calling it. Tuscola will dominate this year, and in the future as long as the Head Coach stays with the program.
All the Haters who keep harping on Tuscola going 5-7 last year with this new coach keep forgetting,
He took the Head coaching Job 2 weeks before the season started, he lost some assistant coaches, and then he changed the type of offense they run.

For people who don't know, he is running the triple option now.
For a new head coach to come in 2 weeks before the season starts and change the offense and still win 5 games, that's good in my book.

once Tuscola puts the stamp on Pisgah this year, all will be normal in the world again.
:)
I believe I would wait til you beat someone that has won a game before giving them the Haywood county trophy.

Tuscola has been bad for 15 years unless they have a major major D1 recruit at qb like they did twice

Reactions: papabear2
Im sure Tuscola is thinking about Mcdowell, Im betting that's all that's on there mind.
Someones gotta come on here and get the old Pisgah Tuscola rivalry going lol

Tuscola wont do very much unless they learn how to play Defense and learn how to hold onto the ball, McDowell is making them look like a JV team right now.

Last edited:
I honestly think they only had one incomplete pass in the first half, just tossing the ball all over the Tuscola D, they cannot defend a pass to save their lives. Also, The Ferguson kid, I am wondering if he is hurting or something, he hasn't touched the ball much at all tonight after having over 370 yds in the first 2 games. Would have been a much closer games, but 2 turnovers in the redzone hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamatide13
i agree esah. we were exposed tonight. absolutely no pass d. as far as the jv team goes...we probly should of put them out there. hopefully things get som fixin this week. not givin up but still some to work on.its early still, but a thread like this is idiotic no matter who the team is. PUT THE PIPE DOWN LANSERIL...YOU CANT HANDLE IT!!!

Reactions: bamatide13
lol After the first quarter I was like well I can just see the responses tomorrow.
Tuscola has a good offense if we can hold onto the ball.
But pass defense is a huge weakness. One problem is our outside cornerbacks were playing 10 yards off and no adjustments were made to move them up.

I also think McDowell may be better than I thought and what people are thinking, The QB was good and I swear the recievers only dropped 1 pass? I don't have the stats but I imagine only one or 2 passes were dropped.

If the coach can fix the pass defense I think Tuscola will be a force, because our defense against the run is pretty good.
I may have eatin my words for the season though lol.
The game against swain I think will be a rough one to.

Good game McDowell passing was damn good.

Reactions: L Boog
Lanseril is obviously a poser... Please don't buy into this guy... Coach P will get the kids in track and will this team to where they need to be...

I agree L boog. I like what the coach has done and have met him. very good guy. he will get them on the right track

Reactions: L Boog
I have no doubt they will get better as the season goes on, but I have to give props where they are do, that QB from Mcdowell is a solid player, throws a good ball, also he isn't afraid to tuck and run, overall they are a lot better than seasons past.

McDowell schemed us well. Pass defense is where I knew we are going to struggle and they exploited it. Hopefully the staff will have the off week to figure out how to fix it.

The three turnovers in the first half hurt and were an abnormality.

McDowell schemed us well. Pass defense is where I knew we are going to struggle and they exploited it. Hopefully the staff will have the off week to figure out how to fix it.

The three turnovers in the first half hurt and were an abnormality.

Tuscola dropping 2 ints, in the DBs hands, hurt... one was an easy pick 6, the other there was just one man to beat for a score. Tuscola's RB's holding the football like it was a loaf of bread made me want to scream, as did the 10 yard cushion the DB's gave... all... game... long...

Maybe your coach won't get ejected this week since yall are home. But if he does I'm sure he won't get caught hiding behind the fence calling in plays to the press box like he did at swain. LOL. Yeah that's what the 5-10 min delay yall had was about

Maybe your coach won't get ejected this week since yall are home. But if he does I'm sure he won't get caught hiding behind the fence calling in plays to the press box like he did at swain. LOL. Yeah that's what the 5-10 min delay yall had was about

I went to this game as a neutral fan. I went to watch some football with some old friends that live over in Bryson City. I can confirm this. I was a little shocked that Swain hasn't raised more of a fuss. I saw Tuscola's coach standing at the end of the field on a cell phone. I swung my hwad around to look up in the box and lo and behold there was a Tuscola coach on a phone with headsets on as well. It was very obvious what was happening. My Swain buddies were pretty livid. Now, I don't know what the rules are but it just felt so dirty to watch. First, he gets kicked out and then he cheats? (I would consider that cheating). I don't know much about him but just telling you from an outside perspective. Can anyone clarify the rules on this? It was a great game nontheless!

Reactions: Proudbeardad
I'm hearing the same story! Very disappointing if true. That is a poor example to be teaching kids that its OK to show out and disrespect officials, get tossed, and then blatantly cheat. Come on accept your punishment and get on the bus. By the way, who took over after he was tossed? Sounds like that coach knows how to throw it around the yard. That was impressive. I bet the receivers were happy Pursely got ejected and asked to leave.

Don't really know. I was on the other end and did not see the coach after he left the field. Just a couple of observations though. If that was the reason for the stoppage, why did an assistant coach for Swain go toward the visitors locker instead of either a school official, referee or head coach. Evidently out of all the ones who saw it, nobody felt the need to confront him about it. Secondly, coincidentally (I think not) the play clock stopped working at exactly the same time. Also Shimmel Shirt, you start your post by saying the coach cheated and was calling the plays from behind the press box then praise the guy that took over for calling a great game...hhhmmmmm. BTW, and I really don't know the answer, is the Swain press box in the building at the end of the visitors side instead of on top of the home bleachers and do the assistant coaches watch from that corner of the field? If the assistants watch from atop the home side, it would take very good vision to see the head coach behind the visitors side on the phone and then see the assistant on the other side of the field.

Last edited:
Re-read the post please. "Very disappointing if true." If is the key word. My opinion is, it sounds as if whoever took over and called the remainder of the game did a great job in the midst of a circus. Its a compliment to the assistant that stepped up. You're rolling a couple of posts into one - see the one before mine. I never mentioned him calling any plays from behind the press box. Just an observation from what I have read on here. And we know message boards are always the gospel! (That's sarcasm BTW).

Reactions: esah2212
I understand, but I guess I look at it this way. If someone believes the coach was cheating, the assistant really didn't do anything. If someone believes the assistant did a good job, then the coach did not cheat. No use for the whole bad example to kids thing if the assistant did a good job. BTW, I think the assistants did a great job.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure thats what was happening. I saw Tuscola's coach on a cell phone. I turned around and looked up at the Tuscola coach with headsets on in the press box also on a cell phone. Coincidence? No. Now, the issue is whether or not this is immoral in some way. I would venture to say the answer is mixed based on your own morals and vested interests. I for one feel as though it would be considered cheating. If I was a Swain coach, I would be very upset. I never saw them raise too much of a fuss though. Kudos to Tuscola though for sticking together in spite of all the distractions (even if the comeback was, in part, the benefit of a cell phone).

Last edited:
The original post said the coach was calling the plays from behind the press box and you say you are 100% sure that is what was going on. Where they on the phone the entire second half? Is it possible they could have been talking to two separate people at the same time? If they were talking to each other, could the coach have been giving an overall game plan for the second half and not been calling each and every play? Did anyone here any actual conversation? That has to get it down to 99.9%. Again, what about the play clock and nobody from Swain doing anything about it?

My post stated that Tuscola's coach was standing at the far end of the field. Specifically, he was at the scoreboard end near what I assume are the fieldhouses. When I saw him on his cell phone, I assumed he was calling in plays. I turned around to see 2 Tuacola coaches on top of the press box on the home side. They had headphones and 1 coach had a cell phone to his ear as well. When Tuscola's coach hung up his phone, the coach in the press box hung his up as well. You can spin it how you like, but that's what was happening. If you believe that is a morally acceptable thing, that is fine. I do not find it acceptable. It's not discrediting Tuscola, I just find it very poor sportmanship. I have no dogs in the fight for either side. I live in Haywood County but have no children that attend either school. I didn't attend either school. I simply went to catch up with old friends and see a good game. What I saw was a frustrated coach get ejected and then attempt to remain in the game by using a cell phone to call plays in which I find to be unfair to Swain's coaches. He made his bed, he should have layed in it. It sets an awful example. What message does it send to players who are reprimanded in class and refuse their consequence?

Well if you have not figured it out, I am, at least in part, just trying to jerk some chains. And yes, if a coach is doing something outside the rules then that would be wrong. No one has said it was illegal if that is what happened. Again the original post made it sound as if the coach was making all the calls from behind the fence and by your post if they were talking to each other they said what they said and hung up.

There was direct communication going on until it was stopped. I assume protocol would have been for Tuscola's coach to exit the facility and have ZERO communication with anyone until after the game. That didn't happen. He was calling plays in from beside the field house until he was made to leave the field which took about half the 3rd quarter. I just find it rather dirty and a bad example. If this were another sport ot another coach that was less respected, there would be outrage. (What if this was your former coach who is at Freedom now?) There would be talk of how morally reprehensible this was.

Last edited:
If this had happened to us (Asheville) there would be no controversy. We don't really need a head coach to call the plays. There are several dozen of us in the stands every Friday night yelling down to the sidelines telling the coaches which plays to run. It's usually something like " *@!!&** dangit! quit running up the middle". And then there is " what the *^^$#!!@ man! Throw the *!#&^^ football!"

Sorry fella's but as long as we have Mickey as a ref in the MAC, we own the title of worst officiating in the state. Fact.

Firstly, that ain't coach. Coach P is an upstanding do it right all the time if you don't you are off the team type of coach and person. I highly I mean HIGHLY doubt this went down the way y'all are eluding. Secondly, Verum stop posing. You know who you are...stirring up crap. Leave it alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT