ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 4A 2023

Langston Hughes was one of the best teams in GA last year. I personally think they were the best in that state. Butler will have their hands full, if LH is returning a lot of their players.
Hughes has their QB coming back which is a big time QB. Funny thing the tournament asked Butler to play IMG and they said we have our hands full with Hughes so that will be no.

1st week of HS football action, I may go and watch on Aug 17 ( Thursday) at Memorial Stadium. Game 1 Weddington vs Cox Mill 5:15. Game 2 Independence vs Mallard Creek 8:00 pm. Actually game 2 would be the one I be interested in.
Then Aug 19 ( Saturday) at Panther stadium, Providence Day vs RH Northwestern.
Friday night 18 I will find a game somewhere.
Lot of good 1st week games going on.

Hughes has their QB coming back which is a big time QB. Funny thing the tournament asked Butler to play IMG and they said we have our hands full with Hughes so that will be no.
Rumor has it Butler tried to schedule a team in Florida but it fell through but it wasn’t IMG lol.

1st week of HS football action, I may go and watch on Aug 17 ( Thursday) at Memorial Stadium. Game 1 Weddington vs Cox Mill 5:15. Game 2 Independence vs Mallard Creek 8:00 pm. Actually game 2 would be the one I be interested in.
Then Aug 19 ( Saturday) at Panther stadium, Providence Day vs RH Northwestern.
Friday night 18 I will find a game somewhere.
Lot of good 1st week games going on.
Thursday night at Memorial. Fly Friday to Tallahassee and drive to Colquitt County to see Dutch Fork@Collquitt on Saturday night. One of my favorite weekends of the year.

Gosh!…just reviewed the score tracker for New Berns playoff games against Millbrook and Jordan.

Lord have mercy! Talk about nail biters! Wow!

Tip of the cap to those Bears and their fans. My son who lives there told me that those 2 games were sump’em else! He was right!

I’d have to put Millbrook and Jordan in the mix this season as well.

Hard to believe Jordan finished 6-7 and gave New Bern all they wanted. That rising junior Amareon Blue must be one heck of a player. He ran for a mile against New Bern!😉

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Gosh!…just reviewed the score tracker for New Berns playoff games against Millbrook and Jordan.

Lord have mercy! Talk about nail biters! Wow!

Tip of the cap to those Bears and their fans. My son who lives there told me that those 2 games were sump’em else! He was right!

I’d have to put Millbrook and Jordan in the mix this season as well.

Hard to believe Jordan finished 6-7 and gave New Bern all they wanted. That rising junior Amareon Blue must be one heck of a player. He ran for a mile against New Bern!😉
Blue is awesome. The issue we had in that game was that New Bern ran 29 plays compared to 76 for Jordan. 29 plays for 38 points for NB and 76 plays for 33 points for Jordan. Our D was gassed as Jordan would go for it on every 4th down and convert. They'd get 2-3 yards here and 2-3 yards there. NB controlled the Millbrook game and were up 15 points with 6 minutes left in the game inside the Millbrook 20 but then fumbled- which Millbrook took advantage of and converted to make it a one-score game. Then you go to the Grimsley game and New Bern was 1 inch away from going up 19 points with 4 minutes left but they get stopped on 4th down and then a few plays later, give up a 80 yard TD when the safety fell down hurt in the middle of the play. NB had a chance to put those 3 games away earlier but at the end of the day, they get the job done. Looking forward to this year!

Blue is awesome. The issue we had in that game was that New Bern ran 29 plays compared to 76 for Jordan. 29 plays for 38 points for NB and 76 plays for 33 points for Jordan. Our D was gassed as Jordan would go for it on every 4th down and convert. They'd get 2-3 yards here and 2-3 yards there. NB controlled the Millbrook game and were up 15 points with 6 minutes left in the game inside the Millbrook 20 but then fumbled- which Millbrook took advantage of and converted to make it a one-score game. Then you go to the Grimsley game and New Bern was 1 inch away from going up 19 points with 4 minutes left but they get stopped on 4th down and then a few plays later, give up a 80 yard TD when the safety fell down hurt in the middle of the play. NB had a chance to put those 3 games away earlier but at the end of the day, they get the job done. Looking forward to this year!
Heck…I cringed just reading the score tracker on the Jordan game…can only imagine how the Bear fans felt. New Bern finally stops them with their back against wall late in 4th…then fumble it right back to them and have to stop them again….and did it!

That says a lot to me about those champion Bears!…brother.

Good luck this fall.

Just wondering but does anyone knows when summer workouts will start for rising freshmen? My son will be switching schools to Durham Hillside. Was originally going to Leesville but not anymore. Just trying to get his summer schedule for him

Just wondering but does anyone knows when summer workouts will start for rising freshmen? My son will be switching schools to Durham Hillside. Was originally going to Leesville but not anymore. Just trying to get his summer schedule for him
It’s prob be sometime in June I’m sure. That when most start

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
To be the man you have to beat the man it starts in New Bern then the others out west... Cardinal Gibbons is a factor, I think half the school plays football. Their Freshman team seem to have more players than many programs have total.

To be the man you have to beat the man it starts in New Bern then the others out west... Cardinal Gibbons is a factor, I think half the school plays football. Their Freshman team seem to have more players than many programs have total.
woooooooo

woooooooo
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Mallard Creek will be very good. Lots of depth. Early matchup with Independence will go a long way in dictating the direction of their seasons.

Gimme New Bern though, Great offensive scheme
They have been as good as anyone in the state on the defensive side of the ball the last 2 years. As good as the 13-15 run...maybe better. The offense has been another story , specifically the QB play. They have been lighting up the 7 on 7 season so we will see. Tons of speed on the outside.

They just haven't had the real special kid that Palmieri had. No Marquis, JSam or LJ who could carry you in tight games. If they get one of those kids emerging then they could really be outstanding.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
They have been as good as anyone in the state on the defensive side of the ball the last 2 years. As good as the 13-15 run...maybe better. The offense has been another story , specifically the QB play. They have been lighting up the 7 on 7 season so we will see. Tons of speed on the outside.

They just haven't had the real special kid that Palmieri had. No Marquis, JSam or LJ who could carry you in tight games. If they get one of those kids emerging then they could really be outstanding.
During the playoff game didn’t Mallard Creek have some drops that could have swung that game? Is that QB returning?

Reactions: nepsy7
During the playoff game didn’t Mallard Creek have some drops that could have swung that game? Is that QB returning?
Yes, but in general they really haven had a dude since the Noller kid.

They really haven't had a difference maker on offense in awhile. I loved what I saw out of the Black kid late in the year and he is getting alot of lower level D1 attention. Physical and elite speed. Reminds me a bit of a smaller version of Marquez North. Would love to see him get 15-18 touches a game this year. He feels like a kid who could really breakout this year if the QB play is above avg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT