ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville vs T.W Andrews

I know Maxpreps is not necessarily a priority for coaches and AD’s, and probably shouldn’t be. But finally it shows the new coaching staff instead of Coach Gillespie. Still only showing 12 players on the roster.
To their credit, they did get the track and practice field area cleaned up. Now the community that paid for it can better utilize it.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
8 flags for too many players on the field in two games didn’t help the Bulldogs.
Also that drive in the 3rd quarter when the QB and RB ran into each other leading to a tournover. Could have went up 26-14 then.

This year's team appears young, still learning how to win. Lose of all those seniors from that big middle school class OC mentioned few years back.

Believe they will improve as the season goes on.

Don’t think thomasville has had a passing game since Ej ward or Chris brooks was the quarterback. Running the same plays over and over won’t work if they want to win games.

Did Thomasville lose by 1 or 80. Didn't catch the game but man these Tville fans are hell!!!!

From what I gather this is an extremely young team with alot of 1st year starters. Yes they're losing but you act like they're getting blown out by schools twice their size. Patience. Thomasville haven't been relevant in over a decade. Lol chill old timers

Did Thomasville lose by 1 or 80. Didn't catch the game but man these Tville fans are hell!!!!

From what I gather this is an extremely young team with alot of 1st year starters. Yes they're losing but you act like they're getting blown out by schools twice their size. Patience. Thomasville haven't been relevant in over a decade. Lol chill old timers il
I like your optimism, but you have to be a realest. After this year’s current seniors graduate things will surely continue to go downhill. Not to mention the lack of teachers in the school district and the school board being in disarray. Honestly I wish they got the grant to build a new high school, that would have helped out tremendously.

From what I gather this is an extremely young team with alot of 1st year starters. Yes they're losing but you act like they're getting blown out by schools twice their size. Patience. Thomasville haven't been relevant in over a decade. Lol chill old timers
Nothing new. We had pessimistic, fair weather, arm chair wannabe coaches complain about coaches and players for years. They knew more than coach Brown too.🙃

I like your optimism, but you have to be a realest. After this year’s current seniors graduate things will surely continue to go downhill. Not to mention the lack of teachers in the school district and the school board being in disarray. Honestly I wish they got the grant to build a new high school, that would have helped out tremendously.
Thanks. I just think it'll take a few games to work in the new system. I remember people saying the same about Mallard Creek when Tinsley got there lost 4-5 his first season. Bet nobody talking bad about his coaching style now. Thomasville been average for so long im just shocked at certain posters that act like Thomasville been like that. Salisbury owns this conference. Why no out cry for Gillespie especially when he had much better talent?

Thanks. I just think it'll take a few games to work in the new system. I remember people saying the same about Mallard Creek when Tinsley got there lost 4-5 his first season. Bet nobody talking bad about his coaching style now. Thomasville been average for so long im just shocked at certain posters that act like Thomasville been like that. Salisbury owns this conference. Why no out cry for Gillespie especially when he had much better talent?
Average? Irrelevant? Under Robertson and Gillespie (coaches who have won state championships), the Dogs have won over seventy percent of their games.
Salisbury, absolutely has been the class of the league the last few years. 2A with 400 more kids. North Rowan? Gillespie was 2-1 against them and outscored them 116-47.
No doubt schools like Mount Airy and Eastern Randolph have been better. How many other schools in the 1A west have been consistently better over the last decade? Look at the schedules Thomasville played and the conference they were in.
Coming into this season, Thomasville was still an elite job that should have been able to attract the caliber of applicants deserving of the job. The process circumvented that and we’ll never know who applied. But we now have a coach. I wish him and the team well. His time as an assistant under Gillespie should help. The talent level and the staff’s ability remains to be seen.
Ben L. Smith has almost three times as many students as Thomasville. Last year’s score? 33-0 Dogs.

Reactions: bigtime_87
Average? Irrelevant? Under Robertson and Gillespie (coaches who have won state championships), the Dogs have won over seventy percent of their games.
Salisbury, absolutely has been the class of the league the last few years. 2A with 400 more kids. North Rowan? Gillespie was 2-1 against them and outscored them 116-47.
No doubt schools like Mount Airy and Eastern Randolph have been better. How many other schools in the 1A west have been consistently better over the last decade? Look at the schedules Thomasville played and the conference they were in.
Coming into this season, Thomasville was still an elite job that should have been able to attract the caliber of applicants deserving of the job. The process circumvented that and we’ll never know who applied. But we now have a coach. I wish him and the team well. His time as an assistant under Gillespie should help. The talent level and the staff’s ability remains to be seen.
Ben L. Smith has almost three times as many students as Thomasville. Last year’s score? 33-0 Dogs.
Yes, considering our original expectations. We used to expect winning a championship or at least getting to the west every year to consider it a good year. Now were happy with a 3rd round exit to a legit 1A team. Not to mention a loss to ED at home, Draughn, players giving up during the Randleman, NR, and ER games last year. Robertson had a one or two games we should have won, and don't get me started on Maxwell. That 2017 Wheatmore game still gives me PTSD.💀

But yeah, Robertson and Gillespie did great. Way too early to give up on the current staff.

Yes, considering our original expectations. We used to expect winning a championship or at least getting to the west every year to consider it a good year. Now were happy with a 3rd round exit to a legit 1A team. Not to mention a loss to ED at home, Draughn, players giving up during the Randleman, NR, and ER games last year. Robertson had a one or two games we should have won, and don't get me started on Maxwell. That 2017 Wheatmore game still gives me PTSD.💀

But yeah, Robertson and Gillespie did great. Way too early to give up on the current staff.
Some folks may have given up. I’m not one of them. My negative comments have been directly or indirectly aimed at the school board. They’re hopeless. I just hope they stay out of the way and let the superintendent and staff do their jobs. That includes letting the athletic staff do theirs.

I do think you’re right about one thing. Fan expectations in Thomasville have always been unrealistic. Nobody, not even Tarboro, Reidsville, Shelby or Mount Airy wins a championship every year. With all the dysfunction leading up to this season, I consider a winning record and making the playoffs a success. And I never mentioned Coach Maxwell😊.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT