ADVERTISEMENT

THOMASVILLE/N.ROWAN fight.

T-ville Bulldawgs07

Aug 24, 2023
I have saw many football games over the years and never saw that crap that happened Friday night. N.Rowan even had fans trying to run on the field to get involved. Both teams had players ejected. 2 from Thomasville from what i could see and looked like 5 or so for n.rowan. The game should have been called at that point. The refs let the game continue and so did the trash talking from both teams.

I have saw many football games over the years and never saw that crap that happened Friday night. N.Rowan even had fans trying to run on the field to get involved. Both teams had players ejected. 2 from Thomasville from what i could see and looked like 5 or so for n.rowan. The game should have been called at that point. The refs let the game continue and so did the trash talking from both teams.
This happened at Forest Hills a few years ago because of the lack of discipline and control from the previous coach. FH wasn't that good that year but was still eligible for the playoffs. After the brawl FH wasn't allowed into the playoffs. Made the news in Charlotte that night. I thought there was a rule about fights breaking out and disqualification from the playoffs.

Last edited:
if you remember it was a fight and ejections at an Anson County football game that got the politicians involved! Some state senator wanted the rules changed so they could be in the playoffs and the NCHSAA denied their request. So they went after the association!!

This happened at Forest Hills a few years ago because of the lack of discipline and control from the previous coach. FH was wasn't that good that year but was still eligible for the playoffs. After the brawl FH wasn't allowed into the playoffs. Made the news in Charlotte that night. I thought there was a rule about fights breaking out and disqualification from the playoffs.
You said that right there is ZERO discipline. Coach brown would have never let his players act like that.

Reactions: mistermean1
You said that right there is ZERO discipline. Coach brown would have never let his players act like that.
Coach Brown couldn’t have stopped it. But he certainly would have dealt with it. Hopefully, Coach Gillespie will too. Frankly, up until Friday night, I felt like the discipline for the last two plus years was the best in a long time. Toward the end of Allen’s tenure, there were some issues. A lot of it is lack of parental oversight and support.

We have always fought north Rowan…even going back into the 80’s. But the dogs do look a tad lackadaisical this year. The Salisbury game had me encouraged but they were sleep walking Friday night and it came back to bite them.

Reactions: ocdavis31
We have always fought north Rowan…even going back into the 80’s. But the dogs do look a tad lackadaisical this year. The Salisbury game had me encouraged but they were sleep walking Friday night and it came back to bite them.
I was shocked you guys lost to North Rowan. When FH played them they were gassed by Halftime really bad. They only had 25 players suited up.

So are these teams allowed to be in playoffs? I wish my team (northwest guilford) would have a lil more fight….we got chippy with a scrimmage with East Forsyth and instead fighting we ran to the bus lol

Reactions: FHJackets90
I was shocked you guys lost to North Rowan. When FH played them they were gassed by Halftime really bad. They only had 25 players suited up.
Once again the Bulldogs out gained another good ranked opponent just as they did against Salisbury the week before. Turnovers and penalties are killing them right now. The altercation happened on the NR sideline when one of their guys did a WWE style over the shoulder suplex on a Thomasville kid at the end of long run that put the ball deep inside NR territory for like the 4th-5th time. The refs then ejected the Thomasville QB whom was later found to not be involved and that very likely assisted in the NR win.

As for losing to W Davidson, S Davidson or East Davidson in conference, I don't see that happening but I could be wrong. I think the Lexington game will be the biggest one as they are much improved and it will have playoff seeding implications for wildcards for both.

Reactions: FHJackets90
Once again the Bulldogs out gained another good ranked opponent just as they did against Salisbury the week before. Turnovers and penalties are killing them right now. The altercation happened on the NR sideline when one of their guys did a WWE style over the shoulder suplex on a Thomasville kid at the end of long run that put the ball deep inside NR territory for like the 4th-5th time. The refs then ejected the Thomasville QB whom was later found to not be involved and that very likely assisted in the NR win.

As for losing to W Davidson, S Davidson or East Davidson in conference, I don't see that happening but I could be wrong. I think the Lexington game will be the biggest one as they are much improved and it will have playoff seeding implications for wildcards for both.
The dogs only punted one time! All the fumbles or turnover on downs were inside the NR 30 yard line, they just couldn’t finish drives.

I think you are wrong about south Davidson they played them very well and almost won the game till the end. Thomasville has ZERO offence. If we plan on winning anymore games, they need to find a quarter back that can throw the ball and a running back that can hold on to the ball without fumbling it.

I've seen fights break out in basketball games. Many times, it due to refs not setting a precedent early. Things keep escalating. By the fourth quarter, it's too late to establish control.

I haven't seen enough brawls in football to know if that is the case with that sport.

On the subject of Coach Brown, I know that he sent two players home as the result of a fight before a game at North Rowan. They were his player who got into a fight with each other. Starting QB and a WR if I remember correctly. Also brothers.

I think you are wrong about south Davidson they played them very well and almost won the game till the end. Thomasville has ZERO offence. If we plan on winning anymore games, they need to find a quarter back that can throw the ball and a running back that can hold on to the ball without fumbling it.
We punted one time against NR. Out gaimed both Salisbury and NR. #2 is as good a player as the league and area has. We do need a passing game even if it is just short quick hitters to the boundary to open up the running lanes more.

Thomasville is limited offensively, the scheme doesn’t fit the personnel they have. I wouldn’t expect much of a run unless some adjustments are made there.

You can only ride the defense so far.
I agree and think there are guys on the defense that could play on offense and offer up some valuable reps. 5, 10, 11, 12, 54 and 50 could help on the offensive side of the ball IMO and give them more weapons. NR and Salisbury played several of their best guys both ways.

We punted one time against NR. Out gaimed both Salisbury and NR. #2 is as good a player as the league and area has. We do need a passing game even if it is just short quick hitters to the boundary to open up the running lanes more.
We are offensively very limited, which is okay if you’re running a system that fits your personnel and you’re good at it. Worked for years out of the I formation.

North Rowan went away from their usual spread and lined up heavy and pushed Thomasville around in the first half.

No one called into question the ability of #2, he is the offense. And outgaining people is great when it produces points. But if you can’t finish drives inside the 20 it doesn’t matter. We need to be able to line up under center in short yardage and be successful at some point.

Last edited:
Coach Brown couldn’t have stopped it. But he certainly would have dealt with it. Hopefully, Coach Gillespie will too. Frankly, up until Friday night, I felt like the discipline for the last two plus years was the best in a long time. Toward the end of Allen’s tenure, there were some issues. A lot of it is lack of parental oversight and support.
imma have to disagree with you on this one as far as Brown not being able to stop it. me and some former players have talked about this since it happened friday and we all agree we would have never gotten in that situation under Benjie!! Our guy wouldve been pulled back to the huddle too fast for it to happen. All of the unsportsmanlike penalties that have been received wouldve never happened nor would all the junk talking and dancing on other teams logos that we've seen all over social media after the games. We knew what was expected and how we were expected to conduct ourselves and this aint it!!!

imma have to disagree with you on this one as far as Brown not being able to stop it. me and some former players have talked about this since it happened friday and we all agree we would have never gotten in that situation under Benjie!! Our guy wouldve been pulled back to the huddle too fast for it to happen. All of the unsportsmanlike penalties that have been received wouldve never happened nor would all the junk talking and dancing on other teams logos that we've seen all over social media after the games. We knew what was expected and how we were expected to conduct ourselves and this aint it!!!
Most of this happened on the far sideline. I’m just saying that neither Allen nor Benjie could have stopped it once it started. I consider both friends and excellent disciplinarians and coaches. But I can remember two previous brawls at North Rowan and one at Lexington. All three were as bad or worse than this one. Coaches (including Allen) handled it, but none were able to prevent it.
I just think it’s unfair to portray this year’s staff as allowing undisciplined play. Coach Gillespie got his start under Allen, so knows how to handle it. I’m confident he will.

• Haha
Reactions: T-ville Bulldawgs07
I've seen fights break out in basketball games. Many times, it due to refs not setting a precedent early. Things keep escalating. By the fourth quarter, it's too late to establish control.

I haven't seen enough brawls in football to know if that is the case with that sport.

On the subject of Coach Brown, I know that he sent two players home as the result of a fight before a game at North Rowan. They were his player who got into a fight with each other. Starting QB and a WR if I remember correctly. Also brothers.

Most of this happened on the far sideline. I’m just saying that neither Allen nor Benjie could have stopped it once it started. I consider both friends and excellent disciplinarians and coaches. But I can remember two previous brawls at North Rowan and one at Lexington. All three were as bad or worse than this one. Coaches (including Allen) handled it, but none were able to prevent it.
I just think it’s unfair to portray this year’s staff as allowing undisciplined play. Coach Gillespie got his start under Allen, so knows how to handle it. I’m confident he will.
Coach Gillespie will never have the type of respect that both Benjie and Allen brown had from their players. I know from first had experience that Benjie brown would never put up with half the crap these kids have been doing after the games like they play for Colorado. When Thomasville was winning beating teams year after year from 04 I'd say to around 08. Never saw anyone dancing on another team's logo. Todd Mcombs should have been the head coach.

will either team be penalized for the ejections? Individual players Suspended from games or team not in the playoffs?

Even last year, we had to play our best receiver at quarterback because our qb was injured and out for the season.

Reactions: Champ_24
I think Gillespie is a great man and coach so that wasnt meant to be a shot. However, its just hard watching the craziness that happens with the in game personal fouls to the dancing on logos to the online back and forth(i remember being told to stay off ncpreps and we dared not to be caught on here doing what i see done on various social media platforms today) and i may sound like im complaining at this point but even the players being allowed to play in a homecoming bball tourney after practice in the school gymnasium two days before a game(while on a 2 game losing streak might i add) and not considering the outrageous risk of injury is beyond concerning to me and i'll leave my thoughts on the pep rally out cause although im all for a good pep rally, that one was a bit much. The lack of focus continues to show on and off the field and until that improves we will continue to be a middle of the road team

Reactions: T-ville Bulldawgs07
I think Gillespie is a great man and coach so that wasnt meant to be a shot. However, its just hard watching the craziness that happens with the in game personal fouls to the dancing on logos to the online back and forth(i remember being told to stay off ncpreps and we dared not to be caught on here doing what i see done on various social media platforms today) and i may sound like im complaining at this point but even the players being allowed to play in a homecoming bball tourney after practice in the school gymnasium two days before a game(while on a 2 game losing streak might i add) and not considering the outrageous risk of injury is beyond concerning to me and i'll leave my thoughts on the pep rally out cause although im all for a good pep rally, that one was a bit much. The lack of focus continues to show on and off the field and until that improves we will continue to be a middle of the road team
Sounds like you are aware of some things I’m not. Got off all other forms of social media years ago due to the extreme political rhetoric. This one may be getting there too. But I digress😂.
I hadn’t heard about any of the antics you describe, but don’t doubt what you’re saying. My son played for Allen and I constantly warned him and his friends about their social media presence. I can recall a starting quarterback assaulting a team member on camera on campus who didn’t miss a game. So, unfortunately it’s not new. With the low numbers during those days, the coaches were pleading with the kids to stay out of trouble.
Unfortunately, I think it’s more about the parents than the coaches.

Reactions: sbbbfan
oh
Sounds like you are aware of some things I’m not. Got off all other forms of social media years ago due to the extreme political rhetoric. This one may be getting there too. But I digress😂.
I hadn’t heard about any of the antics you describe, but don’t doubt what you’re saying. My son played for Allen and I constantly warned him and his friends about their social media presence. I can recall a starting quarterback assaulting a team member on camera on campus who didn’t miss a game. So, unfortunately it’s not new. With the low numbers during those days, the coaches were pleading with the kids to stay out of trouble.
Unfortunately, I think it’s more about the parents than the coaches.
i definitely agree with that parent statement too! its definitely not all the coaches fault! these parents are definitely part of it but imma digress as well. Its just really frustrating to see the program we all love be like this and when we thought maybe it was getting better

Reactions: bigtime_87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT