ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Jefferson @ East Wilkes

EWCards#1

Aug 19, 2004
Ronda NC
What to expect from TJ? Obviously 2-8, was a long hard year for them but i dont rely alot on records come playoffs.

Why did TJ forfeit Friday (10/28) to Corvian Community? Injuries? Sickness? Other????

Last edited:
The re-vamp of the NCHSAA structure might have something to do with this. Remember that the thing that got the whole process started was a fight involving Anson High, which resulted in their being ruled ineligible for the playoffs. State rep Tom McInnis made that his personal mission to strip the NCHSAA of the power to fine schools for misconduct and to take away a lot of the power that the association had.

I hope EW #33 rb is getting better. His explosiveness on kick off returns and runs thru the hole were non existent against Starmount. It made EW way more one dimensional in the backfield as well. His lack of explosiveness was defintely a set back. He provides a nice change of pace for EW in the backfield when he is on his game and healthy.

Depending on which EW team shows up honestly. Will it be the EW that wants to continue to play football...or the EW that concedes the season in efforts to get on the hardwood...in which they haven't been good in decades....just saying.

The re-vamp of the NCHSAA structure might have something to do with this. Remember that the thing that got the whole process started was a fight involving Anson High, which resulted in their being ruled ineligible for the playoffs. State rep Tom McInnis made that his personal mission to strip the NCHSAA of the power to fine schools for misconduct and to take away a lot of the power that the association had.

I had forgot about that. The NCGA sucks.

What to expect from TJ? Obviously 2-8, was a long hard year for them but i dont rely alot on records come playoffs.
They started playing better football towards the end of the season. Granted the scheduled got softer, but there was also a complete shift in offensive philosophy towards the end of the year. Not calling an upset or anything like that, but definitely could be close for a while.

One thing is clear..let's not forget TJ's in conference competition...Shelby and Burns....so EW will be no where near the beat competition that TJ has faced. Matter of fact when your competition is that tough...i doubt they will be phased by anything EW does on either side of the ball. Expect a close game...and if EW let's them hang around...expect a possible upset.

Reactions: WESTERNOC44
But outside of Burns and Shelby that conference is terrible. I'd say after those 2 it's just as bad if not worse than the middle to bottom of the NW conference. I don't think playing those 2 probably prepared TJCA for anything other than taking it like a man.

Reactions: sbbbfan and Swain97
How healthy is the Martin kid that plays LB...and back up RB...he was not effective last week seemed to laboring in pain with every move..he adds a lot to the offense..great change of pace.

Being told its an ankle injury. Hes been limited in practice. Was told that if he does suit up to play it would be on a very limited basis.

Yikes!!! Game will be closer. #5 is the starter and runs hard...but the other Martin kid brings a different wiggle that defenses have to adjust to after #5 catches a breather..and he is effective in that back up RB slot.

For sure on the martin kid. Heard also today that one of the LB's is done with a knee injury. Im just hoping to see more of an aerial attack tomorrow night. Got the arm to throw it and the hands in #4 to catch it, but the men up front has got to find a way to give him time to throw it.

I'd have him dressed but would only use him if necessary. This game should be over by halftime if East does what they should.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT