ADVERTISEMENT

There is hope in Canton!

PisgahBear9975

Oct 20, 2016
The turf in Pisgah Memorial stadium looks good! A few other things need to be checked out, but there is a chance we could play a game in the stadium before the season ends. More details soon.😉

Schedule update:
Oct. 11th - West vs. Pisgah @ Bethel Middle.
Oct. 18th - North vs. Pisgah @ Bethel Middle
Oct. 22nd - Pisgah @ East
Oct. 25th - Off
Nov. 1st - Pisgah @ Franklin
Nov. 8th - Tuscola @ Pisgah

Last edited:
The turf in Pisgah Memorial stadium looks good! A few other things need to be checked out, but there is a chance we could play a game in the stadium before the season ends. More details soon.😉

Schedule update:
Oct. 11th - West vs. Pisgah @ Bethel Middle.
Oct. 18th - North vs. Pisgah @ Bethel Middle
Oct. 22nd - Pisgah @ East
Oct. 25th - Off
Nov. 1st - Pisgah @ Franklin
Nov. 8th - Tuscola @ Pisgah
Are we talking about the Pisgah Stadium I saw? The turf is full of sand mud and all the pollutants that flowed out of the river onto it, while most of the rubber pellets from the turf washed away, The fencing (ALL OF IT) is destroyed both around the field and around the stadium. It appears that the actual home bleachers have shifted a few inches from the force of the water. Power is guaranteed to be non-functional; concession stands unusable, the visitors ticket booth has been literally washed away, The scoreboard? Who knows? the 25 second (or 35 seconds or whatever these days) are not going to function. Just what I saw. All in all PMS is now in worse shape than was done by TS Fred. Better to plan to play that THS game at WCU. My guess......Sadly, we all may have seen the last game to ever be played at Pisgah Memorial Stadium where it is now. JMO, but FEMA isnt likely to pay for another rebuild to a stadium they just got through paying for 3 years ago. Time to say enough is enough.

First, there are plans to move the stadium long term, but you have to find property, they’re looking and talking. This would allow a place to play until a permanent home is found. (Article is in the Mountaineer)

2nd, they were pressure washing and cleaning the field yesterday. Replacing pellets is a couple of day job, nothing major. The turf field itself simply didn’t sustain the kind of damage that 2021 brought. Concerts and events use temporary fencing all the time., that isn’t major.

3rd they will have an engineering firm look at the stadium seating the same as they would all the bridges that have been affected by the flood.

4th If power is a major issue and got above where the electrical enclosures and junction boxes were mounted. They make generators, big ones, Caterpillar, Sunbelt, and United Rentals, rent them all the time. We have electricians that know how to splice into pole lighting, concessions, etc and do this safely. It isn’t complicated, even if we have to go that route.

Pollutants, there is literally no industry above the field. You are talking septic and whatever random pollutants happen to have occurred from cars entering the river, maybe a trout farm(s) that were breached or compromised. I’m not an environmental scientist but I’m sure this stretch of water would have deposited a very small amount onto a turf field PPM-wise. Just my guess. This isn’t the same as what the town of Marshall is enduring from companies like Silverline Plastics and many others having their chemicals lost to the flood and the stadium isn’t downstream of a major breach of municipal wastewater treatment or solids treatment plant.

Just my thoughts on the issues, assuming the homeside stands are approved as safe.

Last edited:
As usual, you’re dead wrong. Since you know everything, I guess you need to tell the AstoTurf experts and the engineers and the fencing people and the electricians that are already working on the field, to go home. FEMA isn’t involved this time. The funds are coming from insurance policies. If the stadium is deemed unsafe to play this year, then the game will be at WCU. They will not do anything that compromises safety.

I just rode by the field about 20 minutes ago. I’d invite you go take a look, you’ll be surprised. If all the safety hurdles get completed, this seems very doable and I was just laying out how you can easily overcome the hardest issues, that may present themselves, besides the stand issue.

As usual, you’re dead wrong. Since you know everything, I guess you need to tell the AstoTurf experts and the engineers and the fencing people and the electricians that are already working on the field, to go home. FEMA isn’t involved this time. The funds are coming from insurance policies. If the stadium is deemed unsafe to play this year, then the game will be at WCU. They will not do anything that compromises safety.
Interesting.......I never knew an insurance company to pay for ANYTHING. Legitimate claim or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT