ADVERTISEMENT

The best defense in the STATE

crestrulz

Oct 18, 2003
It is not and NEVER was New Bern. You clowns had no problem before our game with that overrated Havelock team, giving your 2 cents about this and that. We ain't seen you since we manhandled and abused them. It was EASY!

We watched your game with Catholic, and we know that we would have dragged you the same way. You got nothing!

But, I know you'll hide and dismiss what I say, because after all we're just a 3A team, right.. Check this out, CLOWNS..

"They're the best defense we've seen," Havelock coach Jim Bob Bryant
said. "They're the best defense we've seen overall the past four years
during the regular season and the state championship. They're a talented
football team. They're as good a defense as I've ever seen on the field
in high school football. I would venture to say they're the best team
in the state, regardless of classification.

^
smokin.r191677.gif
.............................. On that!

5.2 points a game. Two TD's scored on the Starters all year. Havelock held to 152 total yards.

And we ran through them like water through a garden hose.

If you don't know.................... Now you know. You don't like it. Bring that weak crap on down here, and get PUNISHED!

Punish them, Punish New Bern

I'm sure Crest has a great team. You bring up a good point if you could leave out all the trash and classlessness. I don't think you can compare stats when rival teams play. If anyone should know that it would be you. It doesn't matter if NB had the best defense in the state. They had the best 4A TEAM in the state and that's all that matters. Would crest have won in 4A, I don't know. Would NB have won it all in 3A? Yes.

Originally posted by portcity FB:
I'm sure Crest has a great team. You bring up a good point if you could leave out all the trash and classlessness. I don't think you can compare stats when rival teams play. If anyone should know that it would be you. It doesn't matter if NB had the best defense in the state. They had the best 4A TEAM in the state and that's all that matters. Would crest have won in 4A, I don't know. Would NB have won it all in 3A? Yes.
Great points port!

Is winning the championship and beating Havelock not enough rulz or are you that insecure? Congrats on your little 3A title bro.
Go Bears!

Originally posted by lovethembears:

Great points port!

Is winning the championship and beating Havelock not enough rulz or are you that insecure? Congrats on your little 3A title bro.
Go Bears!
LTB- Kid played well Friday night. How's Spartanburg??

The Cleveland County folks seem to have some sort of complex.

Maybe Dr. Phil could help.

Just wear the britches that fit and be glad you got them.

embarrassing to a great Crest team that played with class ... you should stop the crazy post..that team does not need your silly boasting.they made a statement at Carter Finley
This post was edited on 12/14 11:01 PM by 2for3

" We ain't seen you since we manhandled and abused them. It was EASY! "

Probably because we were busy winning a 4A title. Act like you've been there before.

What else was JBB supposed to say?

Congrats on winning your title.

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

Great points port!

Go Bears!
LTB- Kid played well Friday night. How's Spartanburg??
Thanks B&G! He had a good one. I think I'm more excited to be here than him...lol

Originally posted by crestrulz:
It is not and NEVER was New Bern

said.
3 words for you...STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. Play someone besides 2A and 3A competition all year and then come on here and brag about your numbers. Dudley put up almost identical defensive numbers as Crest did this season (5.8 pts/game), but did it against 4A competition, not 2A and 3A competition. I don't expect you to have an explanation for that, because there isn't one, except that Dudley's D was better.

And Havelock has never played a nationally ranked North Carolina power before, so it maybe really was the best defense he's ever seen (if not New Bern). Who knows on that one. Havelock doesn't exactly get off the coast all that often.

This post was edited on 12/14 11:37 PM by hokiemtc

B&G
Some big dudes here..I mean BIG..Geezus
Yeah- Veal, Dalton, Tuttle that's a lot beef!! Make sure you give us some reports. I am sorry I am gonna miss it tis year.

^ YOU WAS ONE OF THEM.............. Yes Crest would have EASILY beat New Bern. The New Bern team that played Catholic, simply put, we see that every Friday night. QB scrambles around for yards because the offensive line can't block me, one decent pass, and a fluke pass. When Catholic figured out that they could run straight ahead on you, it was chaos. That fluke pass saved you against a one dimensional team. You don't have to like it, it's on tape, go watch it.

I don't have a complex about anything. I'm simply talking to the New Bern CLOWNS, that posted all that horse crap on our thread.

I am not 98 champion, I don't think we're the number 1 dynasty of all time or any of that crap. Some of you thought it would be nice to jump into our thread with Havelock and talk them up since they clearly were the best team you faced all year. WOW! ............. You needed them to be great......... WEAK!

Jim Bob thinks we would have won 4A.. We do too.

And NO......... New Bern wouldn't have won 3A. Let's pray together, that irony is not lost on you

^ YOU WAS ONE OF THEM.............. Yes Crest would have EASILY beat New Bern. The New Bern team that played Catholic, simply put, we see that every Friday night. QB scrambles around for yards because the offensive line can't block me, one decent pass, and a fluke pass. When Catholic figured out that they could run straight ahead on you, it was chaos. That fluke pass saved you against a one dimensional team. You don't have to like it, it's on tape, go watch it.

I don't have a complex about anything. I'm simply talking to the New Bern CLOWNS, that posted all that horse crap on our thread.

I am not 98 champion, I don't think we're the number 1 dynasty of all time or any of that crap. Some of you thought it would be nice to jump into our thread with Havelock and talk them up since they clearly were the best team you faced all year. WOW! ............. You needed them to be great......... WEAK!

And NO......... New Bern wouldn't have won 3A. Let's pray together, that irony is not lost on you

Wrong again rulz. Hillside was the best team we faced. At 9-4, they would have mopped you.

There should be a poll for who wins the 'Tooting Your Own Horn' award. Cleveland County has alot of front runners.

Crest- Act like you've been there before, punk. O-line can't block? Looked pretty good to me. Especially the Shrine Bowl center. Catholic was held under 200 total yards, I think they had 20 or 30 total yards at half. We don't have to like it? Nah, we like our third title in seven years, very very much.

FYI- This is a 4A thread, not a 3A thread.

B&G
Some big dudes here..I mean BIG..Geezus
Yeah- Veal, Dalton, Tuttle that's a lot beef!! Make sure you give us some reports. I am sorry I am gonna miss it tis year.
First practice in the books, NB kids looked good. Kid from Butler, NG, is scary good. Tuttle is a giant.

@ rulz

Who cares what billy bob or what ever said! He was an abused child!!! Who cares what you think too. Reminds me of all the CC guys when they were in 3aa and below !!' Still we won again and that's all that matters !!! Good luck next year in that lower class !! It's like middle school to high school !! See you when you are 4 a or higher.. Again Bears 4 Al state champs sure sounds great

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Dudley barely beat 2A Carver.
Dudley's offense stunk to high heaven this year, but we weren't talking about their offense.

The D for Crest was impressive but as I said in another thread, it had more to do with Crest's offense keeping the ball than the D. Crests O and the turnovers never allowed Havelocks O to get any rhythm and limited the number of plays they ran.

Your post just ruined what might have been said about your D. How good are you if you have to tell everyone about it?
Best to be quiet and let others give the praise.

Wrong again rulz. Hillside was the best team we faced. At 9-4, they would have mopped you.

LOL!
roll.r191677.gif
........... NB looked like crap man. I got it taped. Your QB scrambled around for yards, threw one good pass and one lucky pass. Catholic pounded you up the middle in the second half.

That's what we do. We play better defense than YOU, we pound up the middle ruthlessly and we break receivers in two.

You don't like what Billy Bob said, ride over and tell him....... He still said it...
laugh.r191677.gif
He played us both and found New Bern wanting.

You were tooting Havelocks horn too........... They looked like a middle school team when we got through with them.

Hate on Haters............ Crest would have smoked New Bern. You might have scored 7, but not likely since we don't give up lucky crap.

New Bern.......... Big Boy Football.............
flush.r191677.gif

laugh.r191677.gif

LOL!
roll.r191677.gif
........... NB looked like crap man. I got it taped. Your QB scrambled around for yards, threw one good pass and one lucky pass. Catholic pounded you up the middle in the second half.

That's what we do. We play better defense than YOU, we pound up the middle ruthlessly and we break receivers in two.

You don't like what Billy Bob said, ride over and tell him....... He still said it...
laugh.r191677.gif
He played us both and found New Bern wanting.

You were tooting Havelocks horn too........... They looked like a middle school team when we got through with them.

Hate on Haters............ Crest would have smoked New Bern. You might have scored 7, but not likely since we don't give up lucky crap.

New Bern.......... Big Boy Football.............
flush.r191677.gif

laugh.r191677.gif
Catholic would have mopped you too. 3A...lol

LOL. So if JBB says it then it must be true, right? We looked like crap while holding CC to under 180 total yards? Harbison would of been handed his jockstrap by NB. I will ride over and tell JBB. Show him this new RING! He played NB FOUR MONTHS AGO!!! Congrats on your first title in what, ten years???? Damn. What took you so long? This is our thirs big boy title in seven years. Come on, mane.

Crest,
So let me get this straight. When Crest players make plays it is because they are good, but when Hughes or NB players make plays it is because they are lucky?
Statements like that are why no one takes you seriously. Crest defense was awesome this year as was NB. A discussion to compare the two would be great but to do like you are doing is simply a joke. You are taking away from the kids and coaches. I know coach Barnes and he would never teach his players to act like that and they are teenagers.

I don't really care if you take me seriously or not. That has nothing to do with anything, just an attempt to deflect. Anyone with an ounce of brain matter can watch both of those games and see who the better team was.

Maybe that isn't your thing. Maybe you just want to pop off at the fingers, and when your argument fails you, you resort to talking about what Coach Barnes would or would not do. I'm sure you are correct, Barnes is a class act, I've never claimed to be.

You refuse to see. There are plenty of qualified people that will tell you that out of all the teams they saw play this past weekend there was none better than Crest. Just research it.

We had 112 players come out. That's almost 10% of the students.
We gave up 5 points a game
We throttled Havelock. Mercilessly beat them down. Punished them.
They averaged 500 yards and 51 points. They got 152 and 3
16-0............. Best defense in cleats...... Period!
Jim Bob.... Bowed down to it.
Harbison is a BEAST!
The offensive line plows.

Those are facts^...... Whether you like it or not

You can refuse to believe it. I simply do not care. That little world you clowns live in must be amazing.

A discussion is not what they did on our thread before we beat the piss out of Havelock. They clowned on us. Take the medicine. I don't give a crap what you like.

It really doesn't matter. There are 8 state champions and for you to prop yours up as better than anybody else based on beating Havelock is ludicrous. The other 7 teams would probably have a good chance of beating them just as badly as you did, especially Mallard Creek and New Bern.

Just shut up and enjoy the title you do have, not the mythical title you THINK you have.

I don't really care if you take me seriously or not. That has nothing to do with anything, just an attempt to deflect. Anyone with an ounce of brain matter can watch both of those games and see who the better team was.
Maybe that isn't your thing. Maybe you just want to pop off at the fingers, and when your argument fails you, you resort to talking about what Coach Barnes would or would not do. I'm sure you are correct, Barnes is a class act, I've never claimed to be.

You refuse to see. There are plenty of qualified people that will tell you that out of all the teams they saw play this past weekend there was none better than Crest. Just research it.

Harbison is a BEAST!

You can refuse to believe it. I simply do not care. That little world you clowns live in must be amazing.
A discussion is not what they did on our thread before we beat the piss out of Havelock. They clowned on us. Take the medicine. I don't give a crap what you like.
Wow! Your comments have changed my life. From now on I am going to be an arrogant, conceded, pompous jerk just like you and seek after true fulfillment and happiness. No more being respectful and complementary.Also, I am now going to wear Green and Gold and move out of my little circle in Wilmington and move to the big circle of Shelby!

Harbison is a BEAST!

Wow! Your comments have changed my life. From now on I am going to be an arrogant, conceded, pompous jerk just like you and seek after true fulfillment and happiness. No more being respectful and complementary.Also, I am now going to wear Green and Gold and move out of my little circle in Wilmington and move to the big circle of Shelby!
Port... You don't want to do that. We would have to move you to the 3a board then

Harbison is a BEAST!

Port... You don't want to do that. We would have to move you to the 3a board then
LOL. You are right. I have reconsidered.

Harbison is a BEAST!

Oh Rulz...keep laying it on them man. If you notice...their only come back is 4A 4A 4A 4A 4A....big boy football big boy football big boy football. So you are the gods of football simply because your school has more students than ours? Yeah, makes sense.

University of Notre Dame - 11,931 total students
Purdue University - 38,788 total students

According to your logic, ND is 2A and Purdue is 4A. Purdue is big boy football. ND won 30-14 this year.

And in '05 and '06 Shelby played the largest school in the state at the time, North Meck, and embarassed them twice. Who is afraid of Charlotte?

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Harbison is a BEAST!

Oh Rulz...keep laying it on them man. If you notice...their only come back is 4A 4A 4A 4A 4A....big boy football big boy football big boy football. So you are the gods of football simply because your school has more students than ours? Yeah, makes sense.

University of Notre Dame - 11,931 total students
Purdue University - 38,788 total students

According to your logic, ND is 2A and Purdue is 4A. Purdue is big boy football. ND won 30-14 this year.

And in '05 and '06 Shelby played the largest school in the state at the time, North Meck, and embarassed them twice. Who is afraid of Charlotte?
North Meck??? That's your argument.. you beat North meck . Did they kick you guys out of the sandbox over there in 2a is that why your over here with stuff about North meck. Were they not giving you guys enough attention?
This post was edited on 12/17 3:56 PM by Blue and Gold22

North Meck??? That's your argument.. you beat North meck . Did they kick you guys out of the sandbox over there in 2a is that why your over here with stuff about North meck. Were they not giving you guys enough attention?

Big boy football right??? 4A 4A 4A 4A 4A

Let's score comparison...just for fun....North Meck's schedule from 2005. Notice the second game and the last game. Also notice who tied for putting up the most points on them.

Aug. 19, 2005 BERRY ACADEMY NO W 23-7

Aug. 26, 2005 BUTLER NO L 6-24

Sep. 2, 2005 AT PROVIDENCE NO L 0-34

Sep. 9, 2005 GARINGER NO W 44-6

Sep. 16, 2005 AT HARDING UNIVERSITY NO W 47-6

Sep. 30, 2005 SHELBY NO L 17-34

Oct. 10, 2005 AT VANCE YES L 6-10

Oct. 14, 2005 CENTRAL CABARRUS YES W 33-21

Oct. 21, 2005 AT WEST CHARLOTTE YES W 7-6

Oct. 28, 2005 AT ROBINSON, JAY M YES W 28-25

Nov. 4, 2005 AT HOPEWELL YES L 10-12

Nov. 11, 2005 AT FREEDOM NO W 34-14

Nov. 18, 2005 AT RICHMOND COUNTY NO L 3-21

Lets also note that Butler lost to Indy twice that year by scores of 41-31 and 22-7....during Indy's "unfathomable run"

So you're using a single game result against a 7-6 team from 10 years ago as proof of your world dominance?

OK, I'm convinced. Well, then again, your margin of victory in that game (17 points) was less than several other teams put up against North Meck that season (including both of the teams you called out), so maybe not.

This post was edited on 12/17 6:43 PM by hokiemtc

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Big boy football right??? 4A 4A 4A 4A 4A

Let's score comparison...just for fun....North Meck's schedule from 2005. Notice the second game and the last game. Also notice who tied for putting up the most points on them.

Aug. 19, 2005 BERRY ACADEMY NO W 23-7

Aug. 26, 2005 BUTLER NO L 6-24

Sep. 2, 2005 AT PROVIDENCE NO L 0-34

Sep. 9, 2005 GARINGER NO W 44-6

Sep. 16, 2005 AT HARDING UNIVERSITY NO W 47-6

Sep. 30, 2005 SHELBY NO L 17-34

Oct. 10, 2005 AT VANCE YES L 6-10

Oct. 14, 2005 CENTRAL CABARRUS YES W 33-21

Oct. 21, 2005 AT WEST CHARLOTTE YES W 7-6

Oct. 28, 2005 AT ROBINSON, JAY M YES W 28-25

Nov. 4, 2005 AT HOPEWELL YES L 10-12

Nov. 11, 2005 AT FREEDOM NO W 34-14

Nov. 18, 2005 AT RICHMOND COUNTY NO L 3-21

Lets also note that Butler lost to Indy twice that year by scores of 41-31 and 22-7....during Indy's "unfathomable run"
Using North Meck as a measuring stick is making you 3 look worse.

2AA Gastonia Huss put Rocky River and Vance on their schedule, ONE of those games
makes Huss strenght of schedule 10 times stronger than Shelby's regular season schedule.

Originally posted by Chopper747:

2AA Gastonia Huss put Rocky River and Vance on their schedule, ONE of those games
makes Huss strenght of schedule 10 times stronger than Shelby's regular season schedule.
In fairness, North Meck wasn't horrible during those years, as the scores indicate. They lost a lot of games, but they were reasonable competitive in almost all of them. In 2005, North Meck was still 2 years out from losing half their kids to the brand new school opening up (Mallard Creek), so those North Meck teams still had some size and athleticism about them.

Even so, they were never a nationally ranked, multiple state championship kind of program like some other ones in Charlotte have been.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
We know Big Boy............ We know.

We know Big Boy............ We know.
lol....only 4A matters in THIS state...everything else is a money grab...but...live in your own little world....and I mean little!....ha!

Originally posted by Chopper747:

In fairness, North Meck wasn't horrible during those years, as the scores indicate. They lost a lot of games, but they were reasonable competitive in almost all of them. In 2005, North Meck was still 2 years out from losing half their kids to the brand new school opening up (Mallard Creek), so those North Meck teams still had some size and athleticism about them.

Even so, they were never a nationally ranked, multiple state championship kind of program like some other ones in Charlotte have been.
2005 and 2006 Shelby beat North Meck and won state titles. 2005 was a decisive win over a 500 team. 2006 North was looking solid but lost RB Daryl Vereen (Tennessee and CFL) the week before Shelby in the Harding game. Shelby won by a TD. Vereen returned the next week and North lost to Davie in the second round of the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT