ADVERTISEMENT

Team played with 11 players

1995 (I think that was the year). East Gaston played the entire season with 22 players (4a football). No JV team. That team went 8-3 and won the conference championship. One of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen, by the late Earl Lingafelt and staff.

I wonder if there’s a “minimum” number of players you need to play a game according to the rules.
Many years ago I heard about a girls basketball team that was down to two players due to the other girls having fouled out and then had to forfeit when they got down to one (no one to inbound the ball to). But they could play as long as they had two girls, so I wonder what the minimum is for football.

Reactions: beamer24
I wonder if there’s a “minimum” number of players you need to play a game according to the rules.
Many years ago I heard about a girls basketball team that was down to two players due to the other girls having fouled out and then had to forfeit when they got down to one (no one to inbound the ball to). But they could play as long as they had two girls, so I wonder what the minimum is for football.
In peewee I think we had to have maybe 9 players. Not positive though.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreedomAlum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT