ADVERTISEMENT

SWO.. Eastern finals?

superstar57

May 9, 2005
So this season has been a wash for me. After hearing some of the beat downs SWO took earlier in the year, I decided my attention to actually watching good football at my preferred destination would not happen. I decided to turn my attention elsewhere, but I may have been wrong

My change of heart is because one SWO is destroying there conference which is a split conference,but is prolly a more accurate description of small 2a, until you have to play WRH who is good in any classification.

SW has a huge line, and has a chance against a lot of 2a teams in the east.

SWO might be coming back. Good job Dempsey, and staff winning the games your suppose to win is a great step.

eastern finals/ don't get your hopes up but I'm glad to see they're making a turnaround from the past couple of years. I do wish they had gotten back the ECC2A. That would make ECC a super league

Wouldn't be surprised to see them meet up with Northeastern, and beating them. Surely didn't look like the old SWO last year when they came up to Elizabeth City

No way. Just because SWO is running through the Coastal, don't get your hopes up. That conference is hot trash.

Reactions: 96panther
The difference for Northeastern this year is that they have a good quarterback, and of course #4 Freshwater. They will win the east

The difference for Northeastern this year is that they have a good quarterback, and of course #4 Freshwater. They will win the east
and JR Walker, and Darius Walton ...and the 6'5 Texas transfer at WR. Geesh but I still favor WR Hill by a small margin but very small.

Don't count on winning the East should you have to play any of the big 3 from the ECC and this goes for SWO as well. If anyone needs clarification of who these three are in no certain order Clinton East Duplin and Wallace Rose Hill.

Don't count on winning the East should you have to play any of the big 3 from the ECC and this goes for SWO as well. If anyone needs clarification of who these three are in no certain order Clinton East Duplin and Wallace Rose Hill.
I've seen Northeastern, WR Hill and East Duplin this year...usually there is a big gap but I'm telling you from a non-bias standpoint that Northeastern team is right there with them this year. Tough, Big, very fast and played a decent non conference schedule.

South Columbus, East Bladen and Whiteville will have a say in the East as well.

I'm not impressed by the NHS receivers. If Dallas Hall had some good receivers NHS would be unstoppable on offense, and Halls numbers would be much better. He has a great arm,size,and can run.When NHS played Bertie 8 days ago there were so many dropped passes that it was laughable. Dallas was throwing almost perfect passes only to have his receivers drop them over and over. First Flights receivers last night really impressed me. They lack size, but they don't mind laying out for a pass, something my NHS receivers would never do. What hurts NHS is its defense and kicking game. I honestly believe we have one of the worst kicking games in the state, and it may hurt us come playoff time, field position is so important when deep in the playoffs against teams with equal talent.

I hear about ED defense but have you faced a team where you have to be responsible for 8 to 9 guys who can take it to the house through the air or ground that's northeastern

I hear about ED defense but have you faced a team where you have to be responsible for 8 to 9 guys who can take it to the house through the air or ground that's northeastern
we probably wont have to worry about you, or you about us. you will probably be 2A and us 2AA from what im hearing.

Reactions: daagoob
Am pulling for y'all if y'all get there am I'm tired of hearing about the West better than the east

I'm not impressed by the NHS receivers. If Dallas Hall had some good receivers NHS would be unstoppable on offense, and Halls numbers would be much better. He has a great arm,size,and can run.When NHS played Bertie 8 days ago there were so many dropped passes that it was laughable. Dallas was throwing almost perfect passes only to have his receivers drop them over and over. First Flights receivers last night really impressed me. They lack size, but they don't mind laying out for a pass, something my NHS receivers would never do. What hurts NHS is its defense and kicking game. I honestly believe we have one of the worst kicking games in the state, and it may hurt us come playoff time, field position is so important when deep in the playoffs against teams with equal talent.
You must not have seen what I've seen--I saw them against DH Conley, Norview VA and Southern Durham, they looked darn good to me--must be playing down to competition because against those teams they were very credible.

You must not have seen what I've seen--I saw them against DH Conley, Norview VA and Southern Durham, they looked darn good to me--must be playing down to competition because against those teams they were very credible.
I've been to every game. I don't have blinders on. NHS is my school and I desperately want them to win a state c'ship, but if you think we have good receivers and a kicking game then you are wrong.What we have is a good qb with avg receivers and a great player in Freshwater, our defense is nothing to gloat about. I'm hoping that the road to the 2a c'ship goes through Wallace - Rose Hill. I like our chances winning there better than here.

I've been to every game. I don't have blinders on. NHS is my school and I desperately want them to win a state c'ship, but if you think we have good receivers and a kicking game then you are wrong.What we have is a good qb with avg receivers and a great player in Freshwater, our defense is nothing to gloat about. I'm hoping that the road to the 2a c'ship goes through Wallace - Rose Hill. I like our chances winning there better than here.
I'll take your word for it but what I do know is, I'm in close circles with D1 scouts and they say that they have 5 or 6 high level recruits on the team. Freshwater, JR Walker, Dallas Hall, Nolan Hodge, The lineman Shaw and Darius Walton. I'll take that any day on my team especially 2A lol. Good luck in the playoffs to you guys

Northeastern will have to get through WRH, Southwest Edgecombe, South Columbus, SWO, and a few more. They'll get a good chance of making to AT LEAST the 3rd round. Having home-field will definitely help for the eagles. Maybe this is the year they finally get over the 4th round hump

Northeastern will have to get through WRH, Southwest Edgecombe, South Columbus, SWO, and a few more. They'll get a good chance of making to AT LEAST the 3rd round. Having home-field will definitely help for the eagles. Maybe this is the year they finally get over the 4th round hump
Northeastern prob has just as good a chance as anybody. WRH is strong but not quite as strong as they usually are. im not sure about the rest of the eastern teams.

I sure hope we (NHS) get the satisfaction of playing for the east title on the road at Wallace-Rose Hill.

Doubt it. Northeastern will be the higher seed, thus would be hosting it. WRH will have one loss compared to none for Northeastern

Doubt it. Northeastern will be the higher seed, thus would be hosting it. WRH will have one loss compared to none for Northeastern
I remember a similar scenario a few years back involving us and Washington. I'm not to well versed on high school football like most up here, especially when it comes to seeding and which teams will be 2aa etc. I am a NHS grad and go to every game, so I know my Eagles. Im very critual at times with the coaching, I just feel like year in and year out we have superior talent to almost every team we face, but yet we seem to come up short. I think we're the Gonzaga of high school football here in NC. We easily should have won a state c'ship with the talent we've had. Most 2a teams would die to have the talent our coaching staff has had. I also don't think we're using Freshwater enough on offense. He's one of the top recruits in his class, and he's a beast. Just last week he went for over 200 yards on only 7 carries. I know it was against First Flight, but still that's impressive. I just feel like he's being held back, but maybe it's just me. I'm no expert, just really enjoy the games. I'm thinking this may be the most talented team NHS has ever had, and I know they're fun to watch, especially the pregame entrance!!

You run him to much on offense he might not get to the quarterbacks at the end of games it keeps him fresh

and JR Walker, and Darius Walton ...and the 6'5 Texas transfer at WR. Geesh but I still favor WR Hill by a small margin but very small.
I'm not impressed by 6'5 Hodge (transfer). That receiver from First Flight #1 Darden I believe, now he was fun to watch. Albeit small, he was fast and would lay out to catch a throw, if only we had him as a target. Qb Dallas Hall just drops bombs right in the receivers hands time and time again and they just have trouble making the catch. I know I'm not the only NHS fan who notices this, I hear everyone talking about it in the stands around me. The kid has throws with a lot of accuracy, and many are deep passes. Even though I'm very critical of my Eagles, there is still a lot to like and I believe the teams in the east this year won't be leaving Elizabeth City happy. SWO came in here last time and the game was a blowout at halftime. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially after all the trash talking that was said on the carolinapreps forums. You know, NHS hasn't played anybody, they are overrated, and the teams in the Northeast don't even compare to the teams in the southeast, blah blah blah. This year will be more of the same. This is the most talented NHS team in many years, and other than 3a DH Conley and their 4* Qb, no other team has come close to beating the Eagles.

I'm a WRH fan. I have a friend that coaches. He said northeastern is no joke. Big , solid players. I trust his judgment. He predicted what I thought was the deciding factor of ED/WRH game.

I'm a WRH fan. I have a friend that coaches. He said northeastern is no joke. Big , solid players. I trust his judgment. He predicted what I thought was the deciding factor of ED/WRH game.
I was told that they held a scrimmage with either Wallace Rose Hill or East Duplin earlier this year, and that NHS had their way with them. I'm not sure if this is accurate or not because I don't have any inside connects. I follow NHS closely, but as far as the other 2a schools I don't have a clue. For all I know NHS may not be as good as some of the other 2a teams out of the area. What I do know is that we can put up a lot of points and put them up fast. Our defense is not as good as it has been in the past, and our kicking game is terrible. Our qb is a dual threat, he has size (6'5) and speed,and #4 will be playing at a power 5 school in the future. The kid is a star. I hope it comes down to WRH and NHS, I can promise you that it will be a fun game. I can't speak for WRH, but NHS is fun to watch.

Looking at the ADMs could possibly move back down to 2A....not saying we would run the table but could be a factor....much better team than in August

I was told that they held a scrimmage with either Wallace Rose Hill or East Duplin earlier this year, and that NHS had their way with them. I'm not sure if this is accurate or not because I don't have any inside connects. I follow NHS closely, but as far as the other 2a schools I don't have a clue. For all I know NHS may not be as good as some of the other 2a teams out of the area. What I do know is that we can put up a lot of points and put them up fast. Our defense is not as good as it has been in the past, and our kicking game is terrible. Our qb is a dual threat, he has size (6'5) and speed,and #4 will be playing at a power 5 school in the future. The kid is a star. I hope it comes down to WRH and NHS, I can promise you that it will be a fun game. I can't speak for WRH, but NHS is fun to watch.
im pretty sure it wasnt ED.

Looks like We could go west 2a and play Whiteville in the second round

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT