ADVERTISEMENT

Swain County @ Hapeville Charter Academy

Diablo

Jun 11, 2001
Does anyone know if this game will be on Maroon Devils Network?

Hope to see u guys again this year.
Wolfpack lost some players,but got
plenty more. U beat them pretty good last year,maybe rematch this year.
WRH I think the team to beat this year.

BUMP.......no activity on MDN. Usually by this time there has been at least a test message leading up to the first game. Does anyone know if MDN possibly has a different link that I'm not aware of? I certainly would like to have a link to the Friday game at Hapeville Academy.

I don't know nothing 'bout no links, but my brother and I probably (God willing and the creek don't rise) will be at the game. Who else is coming?

You might ask on Facebook. The folks at the "Swain High School Athletics" page usually know something. I think there's a good deal of overlap between them and the broadcast crew. :)

I know nothing about this team but I have a question. If they are getting into what I think they are getting into, do they know what they are getting into?

I think they have a rough idea. They see it in the late rounds of the playoffs every year... speed to burn.

I've lived in Georgia for close to 30 years now and I've never heard of this school, so I have no idea what to expect, except that they will probably be faster than the Devils, but again, that's par for the course once you get outside the SMC (and even occasionally in league games :) )

Hapeville know Swain is in the SMC. Hapeville is 0-2 vs the SMC. Robbinsville played them back in 2011 and 2012 I think those were the years. Rville went 5-6 i 2011 but still beat Hape 21 to 7. 2012 we beat them pretty good. They should be improved by now. I think Hapeville was only a few years old when we played them.

Young teams are usually very weak. I had to laugh at Kennesaw Mountain (a 6A high school here in Georgia) losing to Hayesville back in 2004 (I think), but that was their first year of football, and Hayesville had a good run during that era. KM is by no means a football power in Ga even now, but they'd give pretty much anybody in WNC a decent game nowadays, and crush the weaker teams.

I don't know nothing 'bout no links, but my brother and I probably (God willing and the creek don't rise) will be at the game. Who else is coming?

You might ask on Facebook. The folks at the "Swain High School Athletics" page usually know something. I think there's a good deal of overlap between them and the broadcast crew. :)

My Brother and I plan on being there too. I live in Ga and he works down here. Getting excited about the season.

I ended up watching most of the games last year on the Cube site but they are now showing any upcoming games for the Devils

OldMaroonDevil, Thanks for the facebook tip.........I think? I went to Swain High School Athletics as you suggested and, low and behold, there was a message saying that Swain games on MDN are now pay-per-view. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow night but knowing their record over the last couple of years, I'm not overly optimistic. Click on the link below then click "Watch Live" and be prepared to shell out eight bucks.o_O

http://www.maroondevils.com/

OldMaroonDevil, Thanks for the facebook tip.........I think? I went to Swain High School Athletics as you suggested and, low and behold, there was a message saying that Swain games on MDN are now pay-per-view. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow night but knowing their record over the last couple of years, I'm not overly optimistic. Click on the link below then click "Watch Live" and be prepared to shell out eight bucks.o_O

http://www.maroondevils.com/

Dang! I guess you have to pay for all the work that goes into the broadcasts somehow... but I might be a little more selective about the games I watch from now on. Considering that if you actually went to the game and spent $10 to get you and a friend in and bought some 'dogs and coffee or a Coke, you'd be out a lot more than eight bucks, that's not unreasonable. And if they can get a better connection going, that might help too. Lucky for me this week, though, I *am* going to be there live... if I can shake this dang cold by then. :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT