ADVERTISEMENT

Swain County at Rosman!

The plain fact of the matter is a flag was thrown for a late hit. I agree that the hit was a little late but there was nothing malicious about it at all. The officials made the correct call and the game goes on. All this talk about a player should have been ejected is just straight up crap. And before someone asks if I was there.....the answer is no, I was not. However; I did watch the game live on MDN and made a copy of the game. After all the talk started I watched the game again and it clearly shows that the officials made the right call.

Ok, I was standing at the fence where the play happened, and yes I'm a Rosman supporter, but I don't have a kid playing. It was a very late, or even deliberately late shot to a player that was down on the ground and defenseless, the whistle had already blew when the hit was delivered, it took the ref a very long time to throw the flag, the qb was struggling to get up when the flag came out. Now I have watched enough football and played enough to know the correct call should have been an unsportsmanlike penalty with the player being ejected, you all have to remember that high school kids are dying in other parts of this country from hits like the one the qb took into the ribs, all it takes is a fractured rib to hit the spleen and then you have a whole lot of problems. And again it comes back to the officials knowing the correct call, just like earlier in the game when two swain players ran into the punter in the end zone should have been flagged and at least running into the kicker. Just remember it's your kid out there playing and nobody wants to see another parents player hurt.

The Ox

The plain fact of the matter is a flag was thrown for a late hit. I agree that the hit was a little late but there was nothing malicious about it at all. The officials made the correct call and the game goes on. All this talk about a player should have been ejected is just straight up crap. And before someone asks if I was there.....the answer is no, I was not. However; I did watch the game live on MDN and made a copy of the game. After all the talk started I watched the game again and it clearly shows that the officials made the right call.
Diablo, the whistle had already blew when the kid from swain lowered his shoulder and dove into the qb.I was about ten feet from the play, when it happened. The officials did not make the correct call.

Of course he made the right call . I'd scream it too if I was a swain fan. Nothing malicious about it ,who are you trying to convince . Watch your film . Rice is clearly down ,play is over and here comes swains big man and tries to finish him off. Seen a lot less than that in games and player is ejected which he should have been. As I said before , it would be easier for you guys to agree had it been a rosman defender making the hit on a swain player. And by the way ,it worked . Only cost you 15 yards and Rice is done for the night. Well designed play on swains part.

Designed play? Seriously? So now the coaches told a guy to deliberately do that? You can't honestly believe that. Good lord. It was a late hit. Now we are talking about possibly breaking a rib that punctures a lung which kills a player and that coaches designed it so that he was deliberately hurt. First off freak accidents like the horrible example mentioned above can happen on any play in just about every sport not just a late hit and next to think the Swain staff told the young man to hit late is borderline idiocy. I guess they told the boys to hold on the line or jump off sides too? I get your frustrated by a late hit but to accuse coaches as experienced and well respected as Swain's of deliberately ordering a player to knock the star player of an opposing team out of the game by hurting him is moronic. Not sure about other teams but Swain wants to win and they want to beat everyone's best. Be upset, be frustrated, but don't let that stuff cloud your judgement.

Designed play? Seriously? So now the coaches told a guy to deliberately do that? You can't honestly believe that. Good lord. It was a late hit. Now we are talking about possibly breaking a rib that punctures a lung which kills a player and that coaches designed it so that he was deliberately hurt. First off freak accidents like the horrible example mentioned above can happen on any play in just about every sport not just a late hit and next to think the Swain staff told the young man to hit late is borderline idiocy. I guess they told the boys to hold on the line or jump off sides too? I get your frustrated by a late hit but to accuse coaches as experienced and well respected as Swain's of deliberately ordering a player to knock the star player of an opposing team out of the game by hurting him is moronic. Not sure about other teams but Swain wants to win and they want to beat everyone's best. Be upset, be frustrated, but don't let that stuff cloud your judgement.

Really don't think the coaching staff from Swain would tell their players to deliberately try to take a kid out of the game. But you never know what players talk about or think when it comes right down to it. Was it that the young man from Swain intentionally tried to take out our QB? None of us will ever know the answer to that. Was it a cheap shot and not a late hit? In my opinion yes it was. Whatever it was it took our QB out and the offense struggled for a while. Hopefully Rice isn't hurt too badly and will get an opportunity to finish out his Sr. Year.
BELIEVE IN THE JOURNEY !!!

I knew you would be the one to respond . You have your opinion , I have mine . I do know for sure it was a late hit that appeared to be for one purposed to end our qbs night and it did. Player should have been ejected and he wasn't . Someone had it in mind ,either the player himself or perhaps a coach, I don't know and neither do you.You are always quick to defend anything said about swains staff.. Obviously your ties to them are pretty close.Be that as it may , its over until it happens to one of your players.Then we'll hear all about it..
As you often say, heres some food for thought. Whenever Rosman wins against you guys in any sport, or any other school you're playing for that matter,Its never what your opponent did to win, its the bad calls or some player being hurt that caused you to lose.
Had Josh been able to continue playing and we had kept our momentum and won the game, I bet this discussion would have been a lot different.
Its over, I'll be sure and stay tuned for my forthcoming reprimand. You are so right about one thing gal, He is a good LORD

Lmao! So I can't respond to a direct statement made towards my post? I don't know what the players intent was? I told you I didn't even see the play. One thing I can tell you is that no one on Swain's staff told the young man to do it. I can't believe you are even serious about that.

As for the rest of your ramble...When have you seen me make up an excuse when Rosman beat Swain in football? I don't even think NCPREPS was around that far back. As far as other sports Rosman is decent in...I don't follow volleyball and baseball so you haven't seen talking about those either.

No reprimand. Just wish you would stop ranting about something that everyone else has moved on from. You act like that was the only late hit ever to happen in the history of the game. It shouldn't have happened but it did. I promise you that on almost every field where a game will be played on Friday, there will be more. I wish it wasn't but those hits happen and have been known to happen. What more do you want me to say? Let's do this...move on. What do ya say?

Sorry for my for ramble. All I can do is wish I was as tactful with my wording as you are. Im gonna try and move on

It's good to have goals ;)

I honestly wish the Tigers luck the rest of the way. I hope you all will make some noise in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT