ADVERTISEMENT

SW Randolph job open

That is too bad great kids and great people at that place. Coach Aikens is a great coach and a good person good luck to him

Last edited:
From www.myrandolphsports.com

Eastern Randolph’ head football and basketball coach, Seth Baxter, will take over as the head football coach of Southwestern Randolph in the coming 2017 season. Baxter spent eight years as the head coach of the Wildcats. Last season his team finished with an 8-3 record and was the Coach of the Year in the PAC-6 conference.

Posted today.

Guess his roots at SWR but he left there to come to ER?

Frankly some of the fan base, mostly made up of people who were at ER during 3A Cates days, have been lobbying loudly for a change the last few years. It may be that he got tired of hearing that.

In my opinion both coach and fan base needed separating. Now the fans only have to see him once a year.

Not sure where ER goes from here but as someone famous once said "Be careful what you wish for". Having said that hope it works well for both high schools.

In Randolph County there are 3 "Good" jobs.

Asheboro- has some of the best talent, pay, facilities in the county. They are and should be most years the team to beat due to their situation.

Eastern Randolph- has talent to rival Asheboro and has tradition. The split that created providence grove has split the community to a degree but still top talent year in and out.

Randleman- great facilities and talent is solid most years plus its relationship with Greensboro could help with talent moving into the area.

The rest of the county SW Randolph, Wheatmore, Providence Grove, Trinity will always struggle with talent, some schools have great support, money equipment and facilities but the talent is thin making it tough to win year in and year out. Plus if that charter school down there gets a football team it will take away from the other schools, making a shallow talent pool even worse

Last edited:
Mr. Kidd,

Off subject, is Grady Lawson still alive?
Yes sir Grady is still with us. He did not make many games last summer due to illness. Came to 2 junior legion games (I was coach) not sure about seniors.

He is still kind of weak but mind is sharp.

Called me 3 separate times to make sure I got uniforms back to him.

Yes sir Grady is still with us. He did not make many games last summer due to illness. Came to 2 junior legion games (I was coach) not sure about seniors.

He is still kind of weak but mind is sharp.

Called me 3 separate times to make sure I got uniforms back to him.
That is great news!

Lee will be a good job for someone. Staying 3a and won't have to play any Fayetteville schools. Probably the weakest 3A conference in the state. Lee, Southern Lee, Western Harnett, Triton, Harnett Central and Union Pines. Lee could win it every year.

I look for Lee and Triton battling it out for the Tri-County 6 Conference title, then Southern Lee and Union Pines in the middle of the pack, then Harnett Central and Western Harnett both trying to stay out of the conference basement. Have not heard anything about Coach Cates leaving Lee County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT