ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Valley vs. Grimsley: 2nd Round

Grimsley 56 Sun Valley 24
Hough 45 Porter Ridge 12

This will in my opinion set up the mega matchup next week with Grimsley vs Hough.

Winner will play Butler in the West finals.
Grimsley or Hough will still have to go to Weddington most likely before getting to the West Finals. This side of the bracket is brutal.

Butler could get another home game against Indy or go to Watauga.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Grimsley or Hough will still have to go to Weddington most likely before getting to the West Finals. This side of the bracket is brutal.

Butler could get another home game against Indy or go to Watauga.
I knew that before making that post.

Grimsley has to face Hough, then most likely at Weddington and then back home to face Butler. Whoever emerges from that will be battle tested, no doubt.

Grimsley has to face Hough, then most likely at Weddington and then back home to face Butler. Whoever emerges from that will be battle tested, no doubt.
Is Grimsley beginning again this year their playoff tradition? Sun Valley popped 24 points on them. Last year they had to outscore opponents to get to the finals. Is this happening again?

Is Grimsley beginning again this year their playoff tradition? Sun Valley popped 24 points on them. Last year they had to outscore opponents to get to the finals. Is this happening again?
Not sure, but can Hough outscore Grimsley, big parts of me doubt it.

Not sure, but can Hough outscore Grimsley, big parts of me doubt it.
I very much doubt it. They need to hope their defense can keep them in there. This should be a tossup, but for my early pick, I'd give Grimsley the nod because they are once again playing at home...as they've done all of last year's playoffs and this year's so far.

A couple of phantom PI calls rewarded Sun Valley with 14 points. Whirlies are giving up less than 10 points a game, but it is the 50+ they average on offense that is problematic. It is going to take 5 TDs to beat Grimsley, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT